Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good looks on that piece, good stuff to hear about it, hopefully Golf Galaxy will have it in store tommorow in Fort Myers.

Good looks on that piece, good stuff to hear about it, hopefully Golf Galaxy will have it in store tommorow in Fort Myers.

Coondog -- Hell of a name dude! :D You definitely need to catch the next THP outing and try out tons of putters there plus some beautiful golf courses.

I'm really looking into the new Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 2 putter, it looks great, going to roll it tommorow hopefully. You guys think its a nice value putter and an upgrade over my current Odyssey White Hot XG 1?

I have it, gamed it today. Could be the new putter syndrome but my distance control was much better compared to my Odyssey. I never was a big club sound guy, but this one has a nice tone to it. TGW has the best price on it BTW. Honestly it is a great flatstick, nothing fancy just solid.

Spoiler
get an aftermarket cover

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Coondog, my bad I missed the fort myers GG reference. I was there 2 weeks ago all they had was the brz and classic models.

I have it, gamed it today. Could be the new putter syndrome but my distance control was much better compared to my Odyssey. I never was a big club sound guy, but this one has a nice tone to it. TGW has the best price on it BTW. Honestly it is a great flatstick, nothing fancy just solid.

Spoiler
get an aftermarket cover

Hmmmmm SW looks like you are now going to be in my group in Blairsville at least one day next weekend. You know, take a roll or two with her..... How does it roll on fast greens? I am looking all over the place for a putter that has a silky smooth touch on quick greens. Out local course Superintendant gets great pleasure in seeing how much he can get us all to cuss out there in the winter months. Greens are slicker than Owl poop!

Thanks all for the info everyone, Coondog was my baseball nickname and Im a relative newcomer to golf seriously, and I'm getting pretty good at it, broke 80 with a 79 a few weeks ago (over a 6 month period where I really started to get serious into the game) so I'm getting better and loving the game. Sw FLA all I have to say is lets hope they are in after two weeks, I have demoed the BRZ and platinum models already and like the feel on both so maybe I'll get lucky and find it this weekend.

Gray I played in the rain today so I can't help with the fast greens question. But it gets the ball rolling quick with a nice little POP.

And of course you are most welcome to use anything in my bag anytime. Heck man if my Odyssey is back from vibrant in time you can have the Cleveland for a round.

I really want to snag up some CG15's before it's too late.

Ive decided on my next set of irons after hitting a ton today.
I think Im going to go with the MP-58/68 combos.

I think I have fallen in love with the Taylormade Rossa Daytona Ghost putter. It may be replacing my Sabertooth very soon.

Thinking of going back to the Supertri. Been looking at my stats and I have hit twice as many fairways with the ST then I have with the IZ.

after seeing TC and JB hit the spinners, I want a set in my wedges! I am going to get Vibrant to put a set in some wedges that I am going to send to them.

after seeing TC and JB hit the spinners, I want a set in my wedges! I am going to get Vibrant to put a set in some wedges that I am going to send to them.

I am thinking of adding some spinner shafts to my wedges over the winter. I saw what they were doing for golf4life when we played a few weeks ago.

After the putter shoot out we had in FL Im now pondering a new anser style putter. Rolled the Ghost version very very well. But Im not sold on the harsh insert though.

After the putter shoot out we had in FL Im now pondering a new anser style putter. Rolled the Ghost version very very well. But Im not sold on the harsh insert though.

How about something custom, Kev?

How about something custom, Kev?

Thats definitely an option. I may stick with the Method for now and wait till new stuff comes out this spring. Also thinking about the new Ping putters too.

find a putter you love and get it ghosted-if thats the route you want to go(white putter). But if the harsh insert put the bal in the cup, than you never know

find a putter you love and get it ghosted-if thats the route you want to go(white putter). But if the harsh insert put the bal in the cup, than you never know

FLTC pointed out the same thing. Cant argue with balls dropping in the cup and while testing in FL the Ghost just seem to work. If I had only taken it out for a round Id really know if it worked.

But you chose the cleveland T-Frame instead. silly goose
FLTC pointed out the same thing. Cant argue with balls dropping in the cup and while testing in FL the Ghost just seem to work. If I had only taken it out for a round Id really know if it worked.

But you chose the cleveland T-Frame instead. silly goose

Yeah that was probably my biggest mistake of the weekend when it come to what I played on the course. Grrrrr

i'm pondering a Seemore Si1......hard!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back