thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
This likely should be on another thread, but today was a completely different day and I wonder how often all of us get to have a day like this.

It started early, day light savings has me up around 4 AM now, and I worked hard to get my day job done asap. None of my buddies could hit the course, so I set an early afternoon round at a course I generally don't play. They pair me with a very nice man and off we go.

It's 76* with 20% humidity, I am not passing this one up! Greg and I constantly reminded each other that we were not in a hurry, lol. Our play was ok at best, yet neither cared. I shot a 47 front and have no idea what the back was. We ended up with two others joining us as the course was busy, very pleasant people.

For once, I didn't really care where the ball went as long as it went forward. I hope all of you have a day like that soon!

Duey

I had a day like this after me and my dad let two people who were pushing us pass. I had about 1 bogey and 3 pars, but after that I didn't care about score. The only time I was really excited was when I hit a 260 and 280 yard drive. Before that, I probably had barely grazed 250. We also have a course that is closed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We play with no flags and I just focus on hitting my irons. It helps after school just to relax.

I did this yesterday. I was testing the E6 balls and I just didn't care about score. It was fun. I had a lot more birdies and I was a lot more relaxed.

I did this yesterday. I was testing the E6 balls and I just didn't care about score. It was fun. I had a lot more birdies and I was a lot more relaxed.

It's a nice change. Honestly, I go out with the best of intentions, but am always super competitive and every single swing is very important. Focus is important, but today was a nice change. I hope to have days like this once a month or so, lol.

KellyBo and I went out today and had the same fun. More bogies than pars but it was very relaxing and the day was gorgeous here in middle ga!

It's a nice change. Honestly, I go out with the best of intentions, but am always super competitive and every single swing is very important. Focus is important, but today was a nice change. I hope to have days like this once a month or so, lol.

Me too. I'm verrrrrrrrry competitive.

KellyBo and I went out today and had the same fun. More bogies than pars but it was very relaxing and the day was gorgeous here in middle ga!

You guy's didn't have a "Romantic" time did ya? Haha. Glad to hear it was a nice day. Tomorrow looks a little cooler, but still nice for November.

I play with a guy I met that works at the course I play , and we enjoy each others company so much we never keep score , just compliment each other on our good shots and it feels like we shoot pretty well most of the time .
I do know that when I first played my new set of Adams V3's I played with him and I was playing exceptionally well and we only played 10 holes ( got dark ) and he mentioned when we were at the club house that he was paying attention of my score and I was 3 under .
So it can be a good thing to just enjoy the company and forget about the competitive juices every now and again :D

duey
It's nice to see you had a golf day like my usual ones
Lot less stress isn't it?

duey
It's nice to see you had a golf day like my usual ones
Lot less stress isn't it?

It was very nice jefffann, goes to show me I take things a bit too seriously, haha

I love to be out on the course when it is sort of empty and you are not under pressure to rush rush rush through your round.
Whatever you can do to take down the tension a notch will really help your game. I just wish I could do that every round.

Yeah Duey. Ole Gray and I stopped on #13 where everyone hides in the back woods. :D Seriously, Ole Gray and I have actually been enjoying the beautiful weather and just going out hitting balls without worrying about score most days. It's much more pleasant when neither of us put that pressure on ourselves. We are both working on our game and score just frustrates us. My coach recommended that I quit focusing so much on score and just focus on ball striking since I am going through so many lessons.

Last week a new golf buddy came up and played with me at our course. She is a load of fun and is also a 10 handicapper. Whenever either of us make a really bad shot, we just bust out laughing. We also encourage each other all the time. I love playing with her because I feel so relaxed with her. We've played 3 or 4 rounds together now and I hope she will become my regular golfing buddy even though she lives an hour away and whups my butt most of the time. She loves it as much as I do.

I played a solo 9 like this on Sunday. Concentrating on checking out the new irons and not the score. One of the most enjoyable rounds in recent memory.

Aside from the not caring where the ball goes (I can't see not caring about the quality of my shots, but I also don't have any trouble having fun regardless) ,

I generally just have fun when I'm playing with good friends. We can laugh off our flubs and still enjoy the day and the company. But I still try to make every shot a good one... :dohanim:

Yeah Duey. Ole Gray and I stopped on #13 where everyone hides in the back woods. :D Seriously, Ole Gray and I have actually been enjoying the beautiful weather and just going out hitting balls without worrying about score most days. It's much more pleasant when neither of us put that pressure on ourselves. We are both working on our game and score just frustrates us. My coach recommended that I quit focusing so much on score and just focus on ball striking since I am going through so many lessons.

Last week a new golf buddy came up and played with me at our course. She is a load of fun and is also a 10 handicapper. Whenever either of us make a really bad shot, we just bust out laughing. We also encourage each other all the time. I love playing with her because I feel so relaxed with her. We've played 3 or 4 rounds together now and I hope she will become my regular golfing buddy even though she lives an hour away and whups my butt most of the time. She loves it as much as I do.

Glad to hear you and ol Gray, as well as your friend, can get out and have a good time on the course without beating yourself up on every shot. I've put a ton of work into my game this year and guess it was time for a little camaraderie, lol.

Aside from the not caring where the ball goes (I can't see not caring if I hit good shots, but I also don't have any trouble having fun regardless) , I generally just have fun when I'm playing with good friends.

I don't really know how to explain it Rick. It was a very unusual day out there. I didn't even know the three guy's I played with, haha. One of the guy's was an older fellow who didn't hit the ball very far, but found dead center on every single shot. We played the back tee's so I didn't go in expecting a great round, perhaps that helped with the expectations, but very relaxed , comfortable round.

I did have one shot of the day. The green is way above us and I have trees in front of me, out about 110 to the flag. I hood a gap wedge for a right to left hook thinking there's no chance around those trees, so high and against the wind. Wrong! the ball flew exactly like I told the guy I was trying. It hit next to the pin and spun about 14" away, lol. He was calling me Phil M., haha

Gotta love those days, for sure. In my first year/season playing, I was way too hard on myself. I would get frustrated and flustered thinking "why didn't I hit that shot?!" In the past 3 months or so, I've relaxed on the course, not worrying too much about what could go wrong, and it's helped me have way more fun on the course. Whenever I get together with my brother (who now lives in Michigan) we definitely play the kind of rounds you just decribed.

Back