THP 2011 Club Testing Results

Excellent write up Kevin, that performance begs the question, did you submit an entry for the open Equipment Tester spot?

I wish I had more of a chance to hit the Callway Octane driver and FW, I think based on what people are saying about them I might have to take a trip to the golf shop for a little testing when they hit our shop.

Excellent write up Kevin, that performance begs the question, did you submit an entry for the open Equipment Tester spot?

I wish I had more of a chance to hit the Callway Octane driver and FW, I think based on what people are saying about them I might have to take a trip to the golf shop for a little testing when they hit our shop.

Thanks P4B! haha actually I did not, but thats for another thread or day. Do check out the Octane, its a good driver dude.

There was a surprise driver out at our mini club test that we have not been able to talk about yet. Well that is going to change tonight. We will have details, pictures, and more on this one coming up later today.

I for one can say that I LOVE THIS ONE and it is in my bag right now! More details soon.

love some embargo lifting!

Hmmmmm, I wonder what it is?

There was a surprise driver out at our mini club test that we have not been able to talk about yet. Well that is going to change tonight. We will have details, pictures, and more on this one coming up later today.

I for one can say that I LOVE THIS ONE and it is in my bag right now! More details soon.

This should be interesting!

I can't wait to talk about this new driver!

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

Its up!

guys - thx for all the great feedback and testing. Is the mashie square at address or is it a degree closed?

guys - thx for all the great feedback and testing. Is the mashie square at address or is it a degree closed?

I want to say its square but I dont really know for sure. JB probably knows.

Somewhere in between if you ask me, but closer to 1 degree closed than open. I dont have exact specs, but I am sure I will soon. I have never paid much attention to that stuff to tell you the truth. I believe that people think offset is generally something different than it really is. But that is for another discussion of course.

I can tell you that we had 50 people try it at the demo day and I dont think anybody had an issue with it being too closed, if that helps.

thx JB. Looking forward to checking out this club. Visually a little offset is not a problem for me but I need the face to be square or even a degree open. For me, the closed face tends to make me want to move my hands a little left to square it up. Looks like a hot club with a great shaft.

Everything just flet right about it. The smaller head profile, hot face, and the ball flight was straight almost everytime. Because ot the smaller profile, I was confident in it to hit it off the deck which I've never been able to do with any other 3w. Ever. I liked the stock shaft but this club could be lethal with the right shaft in it. Maybe my spare C Kua that I have sitting around waiting to be put into something?

I read a few promotional materials on the Octane 3-wood. It sounds as if all the new technology in the driver is practically missing in the 3-wood. What are your thoughts? Is it merely the old diablo 3-wood dressed in Octane clothing?

Back