Thanksgiving 2010: What are your plans?

So, it's supposed to be in the 20's in Minnesota. WTH? I will never understand why my mom chose Minnesota for a place to retire.

how can you go wrong with 10,000 lakes? lol
So, it's supposed to be in the 20's in Minnesota. WTH? I will never understand why my mom chose Minnesota for a place to retire.

how can you go wrong with 10,000 lakes? lol

I'd prefer the million swamps in Florida ALL DAY. I might move there just to spite her haha.

So, tomorrow night is supposed to be the busiest bar night of the year due to all of the people coming home and wanting to see their friends. Who is going out on the town?

I will be driving north with the family, so no party time for me. It's for the best, though. I can remember many head-pounding Thanksgiving mornings before I became a family man.

Headed to Alabama for a long weekend. Lots of Hunting, eating and of course the IRON Bowl...... I'm gonna try and get a round of golf in also. Should be a busy week.

So, tomorrow night is supposed to be the busiest bar night of the year due to all of the people coming home and wanting to see their friends. Who is going out on the town?

I will be driving north with the family, so no party time for me. It's for the best, though. I can remember many head-pounding Thanksgiving mornings before I became a family man.

i'm partying on friday dude, that's what we've always done. i call it:

POST THANKSGIVING FESTIVITIES! get together with in town pals, eat the crap out of left overs and wash it down with numerous high lifes!!! i'm so classy.

I'm hoping for my mom to give us the old, "Why don't you two go out tonight while I watch the baby?" on Friday. Nothing better than getting home at midnight and tearing up the leftovers.

The leftovers are my favorite part. I never eat the turkey the night it's cooked. I don't really like it hot. I prefer it cold the next day when it has had a chance to dry out a little bit. It makes the best sandwiches!

open faced turkey sandwiches with mashed pots and gravy!! comfort food at its best

I just picked up all the ingredients for our Thanksgiving dinner. I got an amazing triple chocolate cheesecake recipe from Mary which I will prepare tomorrow. Since it's just the two of us we will keep it small but still have the traditional foods. We are going to roast a turkey breast (we don't like dark meat) and to go with it I will make stuffing, loaded mashed potatoes (JB's favorite), cornbread casserole and cranberry sauce. Followed by the cheesecake for dessert.

I just picked up all the ingredients for our Thanksgiving dinner. I got an amazing triple chocolate cheesecake recipe from Mary which I will prepare tomorrow. Since it's just the two of us we will keep it small but still have the traditional foods. We are going to roast a turkey breast (we don't like dark meat) and to go with it I will make stuffing, loaded mashed potatoes (JB's favorite), cornbread casserole and cranberry sauce. Followed by the cheesecake for dessert.

yummy. If I wasn't afraid of TSA agents I would book a flight to orlando right now!

I have TWO thanksgiving dinners to go to.....one for the wife's side of the family at noon Thursday and then over to my Mom's for 3 PM for round 2 and the Saints-Cowboys match up.
After that it's home for the turkey induced coma while watching the NFL night game.
Tee time for 7:45 AM on Friday at Copper Mill. Lunch of leftover turkey for sammitches......

i'm partying on friday dude, that's what we've always done. i call it:

POST THANKSGIVING FESTIVITIES! get together with in town pals, eat the crap out of left overs and wash it down with numerous high lifes!!! i'm so classy.

stay classy my friend

*books emergency truip to FL* that sounds like quite the spread GG, love the loaded mashed potatoes concept!!!!

*books emergency truip to FL* that sounds like quite the spread GG, love the loaded mashed potatoes concept!!!!

Thanks! We had these at a restaurant a while back and they were amazing so I am going to make my own homemade version. Normally I would make more items like candied yams and a few other desserts plus biscuits or rolls or something but with it just being the two of us it seems silly to make all that food. I love Thanksgiving it's one of my favorite holidays. If only it wasn't so complicated with the two families.

Mmmm cheesecake...:eat: That is the one dang dessert I've not been able to figure out how to make that I really want to make...it usually ends up in the trash and me crying in the corner

I'll stick with my traditional Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie...

There is nothing wrong with chocolate chip pecan pie that sounds delicious!

I have only made one cheesecake and that was last year for Thanksgiving and I was shocked at how good it came out. I normally screw everything up the first time I bake it. Cheesecake is a tricky one though because it can easily crack or sink. Having the correct cook time and temperatures seem to be key. I hope I didn't have beginners luck last time because this recipe sounds too good to go in the garbage.

Mmmm cheesecake...:eat: That is the one dang dessert I've not been able to figure out how to make that I really want to make...it usually ends up in the trash and me crying in the corner

I'll stick with my traditional Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie...

i've got my sweat pants packed already for my weekend away. i love to eat thanksgiving dinner in sweat pants, plenty-o-room!

i've got my sweat pants packed already for my weekend away. i love to eat thanksgiving dinner in sweat pants, plenty-o-room!

I have to dress up...UGH!

Quoted for hilarity. Are they the ones with elastic around the ankles, TC?

I can't wait to gorge myself with good food and then bask in the glory of it for the next few days.

Last edited:
Quoted for hilarity. Are they the ones with elastic around the ankles, TC?

you know it big homey! i don't mess around. JB loves those kind of sweat pants....hehe

I can't wait to gorge myself with good for and then bask in the glory of it for the next few days.

dude, i bet you can put a hurtin' on some thanksgiving supper.

DG is a big dude, I bet he can drop some thanksgiving food!

dude, i bet you can put a hurtin' on some thanksgiving supper.

DG is a big dude, I bet he can drop some thanksgiving food!

I'm used to the minimalist cooking style since I eat solo and I've been watching my intake for the most part. When I'm surrounded by loads of good food I make the most of it. Those 2 steaks and potato that I had in Georgia will looks like childs play when the dust clears. Hahaha

I'll probably end up arriving with big eyes and throw in the towel early, then snack on the stuff well into the evening. After all, it's no contest on who can eat the most.

I'm used to the minimalist cooking style since I eat solo and I've been watching my intake for the most part. When I'm surrounded by loads of good food I make the most of it. Those 2 steaks and potato that I had in Georgia will looks like childs play when the dust clears. Hahaha

I'll probably just show up with big eyes and throw in the towel early so I can snack on the stuff well into the evening.

that's usually what i do to dude. i eat a ton of meat, skip the veggies, then snack on cold meat later.

that's usually what i do to dude. i eat a ton of meat, skip the veggies, then snack on cold meat later.

The carnivore approach is what I do as well. I have to supplement with dressing/stuffing though. That stuff is my kryptonite!

GG is already starting. Looking all cute in her apron as she bakes.

6c76b1b2-b181-af95.jpg

And Ellie wants some.

6c76b1b2-b19e-9df6.jpg

Back