Scotty Cameron - Imitation Does Not Always Equal Flattery

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Scotty rips another one..... T.P. Mills putter model + NC engraving ideas= Casanova

http://www.scottycameron.com/putters/puttermodel.aspx?id=398

cas.jpg

For those that missed it, here is the Never Compromise Gambler video THP Posted.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11297

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw that one a few weeks ago, I just sat there and stared. I mean this one is pretty blatant based on timing.

When I saw that one a few weeks ago, I just sat there and stared. I mean this one is pretty blatant based on timing.

it's really quite disgusting if you ask me. but let's not taint this thread with the nature of SC design concepts.

That's a pretty cheap (and expensive) rip off! SC using their brand name to steal a bit of thunder here.

I can't wait to have a go of the NC models.

That's a pretty cheap (and expensive) rip off! SC using their brand name to steal a bit of thunder here.

I can't wait to have a go of the NC models.

they don't want to piss paulo off either! he'll hit em with an avatar that won't quit!

i've rolled the gambler series putters and they are very nice. it also helps that they feel great but look as slick as a whistle. the fact that you'll be able to customize your paint fill is just phenomenal.

they don't want to piss paulo off either! he'll hit em with an avatar that won't quit!

i've rolled the gambler series putters and they are very nice. it also helps that they feel great but look as slick as a whistle. the fact that you'll be able to customize your paint fill is just phenomenal.

haha! It's been a good month....but I don't want to have to track Scotty down (whichever company he works for) and paste a picture of Karsten on his head!

Customization might just be creeping in with putters over the next while, just like custom fitting seems to have taken hold with drivers.

This one deserved its own thread.

It sure did. Thats just pathetic. NC should fire off a warning shot. And they need to get the Gamblers to the market ASAP.

It sure did. Thats just pathetic. NC should fire off a warning shot. And they need to get the Gamblers to the market ASAP.

hahaha, lmao, of course you'd say that.

this just cements the fact that whoever makes these decisions at SC is a genius, but their R & D is seriously lacking.

Anybody know all the designs that he stole?

the RST dot from SeeMore in that one putter
The Combi is a shameless ripoff of the SeeMore SB2
The Casanova now with the ripping off of NC's Gambler series

This one hit a nerve on me and I had to do something, so.....

I went to the SC website and then to their "Counterfeit Equipment" page where you can report the sale of counterfeit items.
I reported to them that their new putter was a bad counterfeit of the NC Gambler putter.
Yes I know, that won't make any real difference, but it made me feel a little better.

I went to the SC website and then to their "Counterfeit Equipment" page where you can report the sale of counterfeit items.
I reported to them that their new putter was a bad counterfeit of the NC Gambler putter.
Yes I know, that won't make any real difference, but it made me feel a little better.

+1 man. I like that you did that.

haha, that's awesome! (a little rep love for that one)

Nice! Rep added as well.

how could one of those cameron homers be remotely proud of this sort of activity? it's blatant, it's disgusting, it shows no innovation or creative thought whatsoever. the man and his brand has made a fortune solely based on preying on the foolish.

how could one of those cameron homers be remotely proud of this sort of activity? it's blatant, it's disgusting, it shows no innovation or creative thought whatsoever. the man and his brand has made a fortune solely based on preying on the foolish.
How dare you question GOD!

I agree its just pathetic. I hope this kind of thing doesnt continue over at Nike IF SC goes there.

You guys obviously don't understand Scotty Cameron. He doesn't rip off designs. He takes inspiration from less talented putter makers/designers such as Truett P. Mills, Karsten Solheim and Bob Bettinardi and improves on them. He is the only truly original putter maker left out there. This is simply a case of him being under appreciated for the epic impact his original designs such as the Futura and Detour have had on the game of golf. After all, he has been producing the greatest putters and most original designs since 1962. I can remember seeing him hand-milling his first garage putters while still weening off the teat.

Wake up and smell the Kool-Aid fellas!!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Back