TaylorMade Blind Ball Testing Results

I remember reading several reviews that put the mystery ball against the Burner Tours... how do those people feel about the announcement?

Not to pick on anyone but Spanks comes to mind from one of his earlier reviews.

Hey Gus, I did compare these two and as they had some similar characteristics for me they both played differently. The covers and the feel in hand did feel similar as I said in my first impressions. As to the course testing, the results were what they were. I'll chalk it up to the indian since it obviously wasn't the arrow.

Looks like I didn't beat the announcement. Was just putting up the post as your was going up. I couldn't do a well rounded test without the amount of time I put into it.

I know several people liked these as well as the Burner Tours and that's great some of you have found a new ball. How can you beat that price? I was thinking around $25, but at $22, that's even better.

I just think this was a great experience and I feel really privileged to have been a part of this.

Awesome stuff!!! Great price and performance from the ball. Thank you again THP and Taylormade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many people thought that this ball was something that was yet to hit the market? i thought this was clever on TM's behalf for sure.

how many people thought that this ball was something that was yet to hit the market? i thought this was clever on TM's behalf for sure.

<----- Yeppp. It really was a cool way to test.

It was a good ball, but I still don't think I can move from the E6 to it. For some reason I can chip the E6 much better.

I think it was a great move by Taylormade allowing a bunch och THP:ers try out their new ball. Speaks volumes of the confidence they have in their new product! This sounds like a ball I would enjoy.
So we´re a couple of months away from next season and I already have to buy: TaylorMade Tour Burner and Bridgestone E6(in yellow of course:act-up:) I have already bought 2 drivers, 3 hybrids and an Iron set since september.....

I´ve never bought so much equipment and have had my eyes opened to new products since joining THP in september. I hope this will continue for a long time(THP getting to try out new stuff, and me buying said stuff lol).

Thanks alot THP and fellow THP:ers for making this such a nice place to hang out!!

I thought it was a pre release for sure.

That's great stuff. This was a blast to follow as I was convinced you all had a brand new premium, just right and ready to hit the market, lol.

me too. didn't expect TaylorMade to go through trouble of sending out 72 dozen blank balls to confirm what they already knew. Great job TaylorMade and THP!! Thanks for letting me participate in this experiment/testing.

I think this was a brilliant idea. I won't lie, when the new Burner Tour ball was released, I didn't even think about trying them. In fact I did not really pay attention to the release of them. This has me thinking about that ball now. THP received honest feedback from everyone about how this ball played for them. I applaud THP and Taylormade for that. :clapp:

The Burner Tour, funny I've had a sleeve of these in my trunk for a couple of months and never tried them out. I compared this ball to lots of others I had laying around but never thought to try that one. Sitting right next to the test ball box all this time...

I just putted the test ball along with the Tour and they are indeed the same ball.

Am I correct in thinking that this was (at least in part) an arm of TM's big marketing campaign for the 2.0 launch? I was given this sleeve of Burner Tours when I attended one of those events. Well played TM.

Great price for this ball.

Amazing job by all involved. special thanks to THP , tm, and all the excellent testers. this is a perfect example of what makes this place so special!!!

I thought it was an unreleased ball when I was testing it, but this just makes the results more interesting to me.

Hmmm...now this is interesting...I didn't like this ball and find out its the TM Burner Tour. And I just picked up a dozen of the burners myself (but the ladies version). Hmmm....

I have to say it was fun reading other's experiences with the ball. While the ball did not work for my game, it's fun to read how other people value different attributes, and discover different aspects of thier own game. I think this was a very fun experiement, and I thank THP and especially TaylorMade for putting this on!

I have to say it was fun reading other's experiences with the ball. While the ball did not work for my game, it's fun to read how other people value different attributes, and discover different aspects of thier own game. I think this was a very fun experiement, and I thank THP and especially TaylorMade for putting this on!

I agree, This was a lot of fun. Thank you again TM and THP :)

I called that it was a two piece!!!

On a side note, I saw these at Edwin Watts last saturday, and I thought, no.... these aren't the blind balls are they? Didn't know that stores had them in stock before THP announced it.

I am not surprised at all by the results. I actually thought when I was testing it that it was going to be a replacement for the Burner TP ball.

Thanks again to THP and Taylormade for allowing us to try out this ball. Very interesting to read all the different opinions.

I personally want to thank everybody that took part in this testing that we did. Our goal when this idea came up was just like our goal with everything we do here, which is rip through the marketing and determine what works for each person. What I think we found out was that this ball worked great for many, okay for some, and not well for a few. What does that mean to me? It means all the stuff out there to "play the best ball like the tour pros" means very little. And that each person should truly find the best ball for them.

This was a great time for me to see and read everybody's opinion on something without any affects of marketing weighing in. The next post by me in this thread will be a note from TaylorMade about the ball. Again, thank you all as this was great fun and you guys/gals did a fantastic job.

I'm really curious to find out what this ball is. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. It seems comparable to the E6. If the price point is similar I could see me gaming it some during the colder months. I much prefer the spin I get from the E5, and the distance I get from the E6, but with my limited budget... Saving cents makes sense! If it's more it will stay at the store.

seems like someone else needs to read threads...hehe, I had to do it.

its the new tour that has been released, they just wanted honest feedback

OK so it's been 11 minutes since I made my post and then found out what the ball was. I kind of like reading - posting - reading more.

Like I said, I'll play it some in the colder months, but I don't think it's a good summer ball for me. At first I was seeing decent check on the green, but my last few rounds with the ball, that check bounced! It stopped well for me from distance, but was horrible from 60 (or so) and in.

Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for the opportunity to try this ball. I nearly had my first ace in 40 years of playing golf with this ball. It must be good luck for me :thumb:

Well price point I was thinking 29ish for the performance, about in line with the Calloway hx hots. $22 is very good for this ball. Like Biggsy, I loved it off the putter, but I just don't think the compression is right for me. However I WILL be buying my Dad 2 dozen for X-mas since he liked them so much to use for our winter golf!!

Thanks again TM and and THP for this testing! It really was lots of fun. One of the best parts was reading about everyone trying to name the mystery ball/ghost ball/etc..., lol.

Well I for one am stunned. This ball was as soft as any premium ball I've ever hit. I will be changing as soon as I am done with my box of E7's. I think what threw me off was the distance off the driver for me. I was losing 10-15 yards consistently with every drive. But as I said I loved it off the irons and wedges. Thank you so much TM and THP. I am honored that I was able to do this test.

Back