Official NBA Thread

I am a Celtics fan and am going to a buddy's house to watch the game. I don't follow the NBA as much as I did when I was younger, but I still keep up with what's going on around the league. I used to watch a lot of games. Became a Celtics fan because my dad was a knicks fan and hated the celtics, plus I like Larry Bird. My teams are odd I know...Yanks, Celtics, Cowboys, Penguins.

My teams are odd I know...Yanks, Celtics, Cowboys, Penguins.

Nah, it makes perfect sense. They were all REALLY good a couple of decades ago. You and P4B can ride together...hehe I kid of course.

I am a Celtics fan and am going to a buddy's house to watch the game. I don't follow the NBA as much as I did when I was younger, but I still keep up with what's going on around the league. I used to watch a lot of games. Became a Celtics fan because my dad was a knicks fan and hated the celtics, plus I like Larry Bird. My teams are odd I know...Yanks, Celtics, Cowboys, Penguins.

A celtic fan too? :angry:

Long suffering Knick fan here. I'd love to see Melo in the blue and orange. High hopes though with our local team here in Orlando. Some great players are on the squad and a new arena (which I heard was real nice) to boot. It'll be nice to renew the Magic/Heat rivalry. Haven't had that since the Shaq/Mourning days.

Last NBA team I truely watched was the Mavs with Steve Nash, I'm actually more of a Nash fan than the teams he has played on I guess lol. If I were to jump on a bandwagon though and root for a team I think it would be the Orlando Magic.

But with that said I watch way more College hoops than NBA these days.

Stuart Scott needs to retire.

I've been sick of him for about 5 years now.

Heat lose again...how long till Pat Riley arrives on the sidelines?

hey now, that's a tarheel alumn you're talking about, haha

question: how hard is it to make eye contact with that guy?

hey now, that's a tarheel alumn you're talking about, haha

question: how hard is it to make eye contact with that guy?

depends which eye I'm looking at, the real or fake

I wonder if Riley takes over. They are struggling. It's early though. Dec 2nd Lebron takes his talents to Cleveland.

Celtics are beating the cavs

Celtics are beating the Heat once again, this would be the 3rd time this year and push the heat to 7-10.

Hmm you sure about that? Celtics are playing the Cavs. Heat dont play tonight, and I think there 10-8 lol

Hmm you sure about that? Celtics are playing the Cavs. Heat dont play tonight, and I think there 10-8 lol

Haha oops forgot lebron jumped ship from Cleveland...my bad

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Come on Griz!!!
Up by 6 on Lakers with 3:12 left.

98:96 Grizzlies!!!!!!!!

Ron Artest's 3 blocked by Rudy Gay to win!!!

Uh oh, bron bron plays the cavs tonight. Should be interesting. Cavs fans are really really angry.

its ridiculous really!!! Do I agree with Labrons press conference he held...NO! But, let it go Cleveland! he owes you nothing. I dont ever want to go to Cleveland because of all of this

Uh oh, bron bron plays the cavs tonight. Should be interesting. Cavs fans are really really angry.
it's a good sports night tonight for me. DVR'ed Cheveron World Challenge and Cavs Vs Heat. need to find or make a good snack. LoL

its ridiculous really!!! Do I agree with Labrons press conference he held...NO! But, let it go Cleveland! he owes you nothing. I dont ever want to go to Cleveland because of all of this

+1!!!!!! Rep added!

I'll stand up for the average Cleveland fan here....

1. The MEDIA is making this into a far bigger issue than it is in Cleveland.
2. The often quoted phrase "It isn't that he left, its how" is 100% true. So many people leave cleveland for jobs and because of the economy. We can't fault him for that... just show some respect to the fans that treated you so well for 7 years. Don't 'break up' with us on national TV. Don't talk about hating Cleveland the entire time you were growing up in Akron, Don't quit on your team (oops... he did that before the decision).

There is a fantastic article on ESPN called "Believeland" right now. It is very long but very well written. The "hate" Cleveland is feeling toward LBJ is much bigger than basketball or the Cavs. It's a result of everything the city has gone through the past 60 years and will continue to go through long after they win another championship.

Can we lay off the city of cleveland please? We didn't ask for this much attention. For some reason people see one video clip of a burning jersey and assume the Q is going to explode tonight. I'll give you a hint: It wont.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=101201/Cleveland

fair enough Gus, but I will say that I am a Cubs fan and if a STAR athlete did what Lebron did, I would not care!!! It is not my life to live. People forget he is a 25( i think) year old guy who had to grow up a lot quicker than you or I. I said what he did on T.V. was wrong, I agree, but its over. Of course the fans treated him well for 7 years. ITS LBJ. he is/was the most sought after player in the world. any city will be loyal.

fair enough Gus, but I will say that I am a Cubs fan and if a STAR athlete did what Lebron did, I would not care!!! It is not my life to live. People forget he is a 25( i think) year old guy who had to grow up a lot quicker than you or I. I said what he did on T.V. was wrong, I agree, but its over. Of course the fans treated him well for 7 years. ITS LBJ. he is/was the most sought after player in the world. any city will be loyal.

I struggle with the comparison of Cleveland to other cities. While the cubs have not won, the bulls whitesox and Blackhawks have. The city is still alive and has been thriving for decades. Cleveland has been dying for 50 years. A slow, steady, and painful death.

Cleveland is blue collar and embraces loyalty. Players like Z showed loyalty to us and he will be cheered and loved when he comes back tonight. It isn't the fact the LBJ is a great player- but he brought jobs and pride to a city that had none. To leave and throw that same city under the bus is immature. He is showing the same attitude to his coach in Miami now.

I am 25. I have a doctorate, a good job, and I teach at a university. I pay my taxes, I volunteer my time and donate money to the community. Writing off his opinions has still being young is just an excuse. You can be 25 and embrace maturity.

How does the rest of the country view Cleveland? As a bunch of dumb, drunk, angry fans? Watching the national media that is the impression that I get. "mistake by the lake?"

I'll get off my soap box now. I am just sick of the national media and opinion that Cleveland is going to burn and how upset we all are that lbj left. We are upset, but only a small part of that is because he left. I think the rest is justified. I am also biased and love this city more than I loved LBJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back