What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
an old Ping ISI Beryllium copper pitching wedge that I found in the old club barrel at the local NY Golf store. By the time I had it re-shafted (it had a graphite shaft) and gripped I could have bought a new Cleveland or Vokey but it was too beautiful and I always wanted one...

After testing 3 woods all day I walked away with a Callaway diable edge 3 wood stiff shaft. Not the club I thought I was going to be buying but the launch monitor doesn't lie.

After testing 3 woods all day I walked away with a Callaway diable edge 3 wood stiff shaft. Not the club I thought I was going to be buying but the launch monitor doesn't lie.

Which ones did you rule out? How come?

Also picked up a Bridgestone Cart Bag for my new clubs

Nice buy! How far were you hitting it?

Bought a couple of Travis Mathew polos. Got them for a screamin deal. Can't wait for them to show up.

Got my sister 2 New Callaway Hyper X Fairways. Got her a 3 and a 7 wood. Got a steal of deal for them. I know they are a few years old, but considering she plays about 10 times a year, they will work.

I loved those woods when I hit them. Long and consistent.
Got my sister 2 New Callaway Hyper X Fairways. Got her a 3 and a 7 wood. Got a steal of deal for them. I know they are a few years old, but considering she plays about 10 times a year, they will work.

I have had a new set of Cobra Transition S irons for a couple of days now. They are in the meet & greet stage and I must say they are exceeding any expectations I had for them. These irons are in the UFI category and are extremely easy to hit. I feel like I am cheating when using these irons but hey, I just turned 60, so ultra forgiveness is a good thing :thumb: The fact is my year old S2 Cobra irons have been demoted to the closet as these new snakes are just feeling that good! I figured the price of a brand new set of irons 3 - pw at $198.00 was a good deal, to say the least. The 3,4, & 5 irons are hybrids and very easy to get in the air and ultra forgiving. The 6,7, & eight are irons built with a wide sole, again extremely easy to get the ball airborne. The 9 & PW are a bit more traditional however they have a high bounce factor and designed more for a sweeping motion than digging. One thing that pleased me greatly was how easy when chipping from 10 yds or so off the green with the 5 hybrid. Iit was awesome! It certainly has the wow factor when the ball skips over the tall grass and runs up to the hole. I am very pleased with these as they have a solid feel when striking the ball and very good distance. I feel a bit embarassed to move to a hybrid set of irons but hey, if they work, I am not out there to please my buddies. I aim to please ole gray and make golf a little bit more fun.

Last edited:
I have had a new set of Cobra Transition S irons for a couple of days now. They are in the meet & greet stage and I must say they are exceeding any expectations I had for them. These irons are in the UFI category and are extremely easy to hit. I feel like I am cheating when using these irons but hey, I just turned 60, so ultra forgiveness is a good thing :thumb: The fact is my year old S2 Cobra irons have been demoted to the closet as these new snakes are just feeling that good! I figured the price of a brand new set of irons 3 - pw at $198.00 was a good deal, to say the least. The 3,4, & 5 irons are hybrids and very easy to get in the air and ultra forgiving. The 6,7, & eight are irons built with a wide sole, again extremely easy to get the ball airborne. The 9 & PW are a bit more traditional however they have a high bounce factor and designed more for a sweeping motion than digging. One thing that pleased me was easy when chipping from 10 yds or so off the green with the 5 hybrid it was heaven! It certainly has the wow factor when the ball skips over the tall grass and runs up to the hole. I am very pleased with these as they have a solid feel when striking the ball and very good distance. I feel a bit embarassed to move to a hybrid set of irons but hey, if they work, I am not out there to please my buddies. I aim to please ole gray and make golf a little bit more fun.

great to hear Gray! My father loved those irons when they came out, but didn't like the price so he went elsewhere.

No offense ole buddy, but those aren't burner 2.0's

I have had a new set of Cobra Transition S irons for a couple of days now. They are in the meet & greet stage and I must say they are exceeding any expectations I had for them. These irons are in the UFI category and are extremely easy to hit. I feel like I am cheating when using these irons but hey, I just turned 60, so ultra forgiveness is a good thing :thumb: The fact is my year old S2 Cobra irons have been demoted to the closet as these new snakes are just feeling that good! I figured the price of a brand new set of irons 3 - pw at $198.00 was a good deal, to say the least. The 3,4, & 5 irons are hybrids and very easy to get in the air and ultra forgiving. The 6,7, & eight are irons built with a wide sole, again extremely easy to get the ball airborne. The 9 & PW are a bit more traditional however they have a high bounce factor and designed more for a sweeping motion than digging. One thing that pleased me was easy when chipping from 10 yds or so off the green with the 5 hybrid it was heaven! It certainly has the wow factor when the ball skips over the tall grass and runs up to the hole. I am very pleased with these as they have a solid feel when striking the ball and very good distance. I feel a bit embarassed to move to a hybrid set of irons but hey, if they work, I am not out there to please my buddies. I aim to please ole gray and make golf a little bit more fun.

No offense ole buddy, but those aren't burner 2.0's

sounds like a challenge Gray!

Sounds like I'm ready :D....

TC,,, although I would love the 2.0's ,it's too close to Christmas to take the plunge. I got to put my selfish desires behind, well at least for now :golf2:.. I'll just hit yours next time ok? :laughing:

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm ready :D....

TC,,, although I would love the 2.0's ,it's close too Christmas to take the plunge. I got to put my selfish desires behind, well at least for now :golf2:.. I'll just hit yours next time ok? :laughing:

Can you swing from the other side?

Can you swing from the other side?

Yep, but it looks kind of funny and never get in front of me while I'm doing this. I can actually punch a ball from behind an obstacle pretty decent from the left side.
TC knows I'm pulling his leg Dirt :D... So what is new on your radar for the coming season?

Yep, but it looks kind of funny and never get in front of me while I'm doing this. I can actually punch a ball from behind an obstacle pretty decent from the left side.
TC knows I'm pulling his leg Dirt :D... So what is new on your radar for the coming season?

I know, just wanted to see how ambidexterous you could be.

The one thing on my radar is the May outing. I hope I get something locked down on where exactly I'll be at the time.

Just picked up a Slotline SSi-693. Apparently Slotline is going out of business and a few retailers have some crazy deals on their putters. This guy has been floating on my radar since it came out.

I just bought a...

SET OF MIZUNO MP T10 BLACK SATIN WEDGES. 52* GAP WEDGE WITH 7* OF BOUNCE, 56* SAND WEDGE WITH 10* OF BOUNCE, 60* LOB WEDGE WITH 5* OF BOUNCE. THE CLUBS HAVE DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE FLEX STEEL SHAFTS.

There is feet of snow on the ground tho.... :(

Nice score, John!

Nice buy! How far were you hitting it?
I was hitting it 235 avereage 96 mph swing speed but I was getting a ton of backspin. The dispersion pattern was much tighter than the other 3 woods.

I just bought a...

SET OF MIZUNO MP T10 BLACK SATIN WEDGES. 52* GAP WEDGE WITH 7* OF BOUNCE, 56* SAND WEDGE WITH 10* OF BOUNCE, 60* LOB WEDGE WITH 5* OF BOUNCE. THE CLUBS HAVE DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE FLEX STEEL SHAFTS.

There is feet of snow on the ground tho.... :(
Well, at least you can get out of it in one shot with that set! :banana:

Which ones did you rule out? How come?

I had the burner superfast, R9, diablo octane, cleveland launcher dst and diablo edge 3 woods and had a shoot out on the monitor. I went there expecting to walk out with the burner superfast, or diablo octane but the launch monitor showed that it was not even close. Took it out to the course today and I love it.

Golf Pride midsize tour classic grip for my new Ping C67 putter.

Just regripped some older clubs with Winn grips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back