2010 Chevron World Challenge [Spoilers]

In the interview with Tiger last night, Tiger eluded to the fact that he was able to get a stronger field because there are Ranking Points available. At least thats the way it seemed to me, I could be wrong....

I'll stay out of the debate otherwise on this topic as I don't really know how to answer it. The WGR system does need to be overhauled, but like previously mentioned, that's for another thread.

I'm looking forward to watching this, we've got great field to watch so it will be entertaining! And yes, I'll be rooting for Tiger!

Personally I think if they're paying out real money to the winner then world ranking points should be available. This isn't a PGA Tour ranking, it's a World Golf Ranking system, PGA Tour scheduled event or not it's a real tournament that offers real money to the winner.

Personally I think if they're paying out real money to the winner then world ranking points should be available. This isn't a PGA Tour ranking, it's a World Golf Ranking system, PGA Tour scheduled event or not it's a real tournament that offers real money to the winner.

that's kind of my thought as well, but again, the system is flawed so who knows.

Yes it's definitely a flawed system alright. Yesterday I think it was Jason Sobel from ESPN tweeted that if Tiger wins this week he can retake world #1 but he'll for sure lose it by the beginning of 2011. Not sure how but that's what he tweeted.

Yes it's definitely a flawed system alright. Yesterday I think it was Jason Sobel from ESPN tweeted that if Tiger wins this week he can retake world #1 but he'll for sure lose it by the beginning of 2011. Not sure how but that's what he tweeted.

Because as the dates move on, his complete lack of a 2010 season will take over.

I should clarify by saying that complete lack of a 2010 season, I am referring to playing good golf. Because he had a great season with other things. Perkins breakfasts, hookers, sky miles for traveling to said hookers, etc...

I should clarify by saying that complete lack of a 2010 season, I am referring to playing good golf. Because he had a great season with other things. Perkins breakfasts, hookers, sky miles for traveling to said hookers, etc...

That was actually 2009! But 2009 only counts for 25% points in the system, right? hehe

That was actually 2009! But 2009 only counts for 25% points in the system, right? hehe

You are correct. His lack of 2010 was strictly on the golf course...HAHA!

So youre saying he "scored" well even though he didnt WIN much lol

will tiger win?

it should be interesting. this is one of my favorite events. small, stacked field!
I hope so. I'm gonna enjoy watching golf this week. :)

We went to this last year and it was a lot of fun!! I don't think we'll be going this weekend :(

Where is this event being held?

I will post this only because it's the last time I can do this in 2010...

Tiger is only 1 off the lead! He's really back now, I can feel it! (I will now await him shooting a 75 in tomorrow's round.)

umm, i may have to make my way over to the anthony kim over/under thread and edit my initial post. he's throwing up a big number.

i'm also loving paul casey's shirt today!

umm, i may have to make my way over to the anthony kim over/under thread and edit my initial post. he's throwing up a big number.

Dont give up on him this soon

Ease up there slugger, the over/under was for the 2011 season, last I checked it's still 2010. Plenty of time for our boy AK to get himself together. Hopefully.... :act-up:

So they show the brief interview with Tiger where they ask him how much right fans have to know about the personal lives of athletes. He answers by saying technology has made things very different that how they use to be. Says he didn't grow up in these times. Apparently, his dad used to make him change the channel at the TV with the knob, and they had to manipulate rabbit ears just to get a clear picture for Lakers games.

Either Tiger is 60 years old, Canadian, or full of crap. Hmmmm, what do I think?

Kevin

Back