Feeling of missed chances?

Wilesy80

Reaction score
Handicap
Posted this as a response in another thread, but I thought it might make a good thread in it's own right. Well here goes:

14th July 2005

Par 3 11th hole - 178 yards off the standards. I'd been playing really really well upto this point (well for me anyway)

I hit the best 5 iron shot I've ever managed, it pitched about 7 yards short of the pin & ran straight in!!!!!!!
Hole in One. I couldn't believe it, neither could my Dad & his 2 mates that I was playing with. What a feeling!!!!!!!!!! I can't describe.

Now though looking back, that day has left me with my best & most frustrating golf memory.

As I said this was on the 11th. I managed to get down the par 4 12th with a par, but I could not contain my excitement!!! so we all decided to stop & hit the bar in the clubhouse!!! (on me ofcourse)

It wasn't until a few days later when i looked at the incomplete score card, that I realised I'd walked off the 12th at 1 over par!!!

For me that was/is extremely good, I now feel like I really messed up!!!!!!!!! Been fighting this monkey on my back ever since.

Hoping though 2011 is my year!

Anyone else got feelings of missed chances in a golfing sense?

I once played nine and was somehow even with 3 holes left, ended 4 over... also every time I miss a birdie putt ( which happens everytime I'm GIR, lol)

I had eight straight pars on the front nine of our local golf course. I never had nine straight pars to shoot 36. I have shot 36 several times but always had some birdies & bogies in the mix. Anyway I wanted that last par so bad I choked on the last hole and bogied it :angry:

Posted this as a response in another thread, but I thought it might make a good thread in it's own right. Well here goes:

14th July 2005

Par 3 11th hole - 178 yards off the standards. I'd been playing really really well upto this point (well for me anyway)

I hit the best 5 iron shot I've ever managed, it pitched about 7 yards short of the pin & ran straight in!!!!!!!
Hole in One. I couldn't believe it, neither could my Dad & his 2 mates that I was playing with. What a feeling!!!!!!!!!! I can't describe.

Now though looking back, that day has left me with my best & most frustrating golf memory.

As I said this was on the 11th. I managed to get down the par 4 12th with a par, but I could not contain my excitement!!! so we all decided to stop & hit the bar in the clubhouse!!! (on me ofcourse)

It wasn't until a few days later when i looked at the incomplete score card, that I realised I'd walked off the 12th at 1 over par!!!

For me that was/is extremely good, I now feel like I really messed up!!!!!!!!! Been fighting this monkey on my back ever since.

Hoping though 2011 is my year!

Anyone else got feelings of missed chances in a golfing sense?

Congrats on the HIO. I have had that feeling, most recently was playing with a buddy who told me what I needed to break 80, at the last tee box. I doubled that hole and missed out, haha.

Back