Ladies irons sets

gadiel

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello

I want to buy a new set of irons for my wife shes a high handicap and and shes only 5ft ,
I was looking the Nike Machspeed irons, Ping Faith and TM superL.
Which one is more has more distance ?
Any expereince with any of this is good specially from some one that own or used for more than one or 2 rounds.

Hello

I want to buy a new set of irons for my wife shes a high handicap and and shes only 5ft ,
I was looking the Nike Machspeed irons, Ping Faith and TM superL.
Which one is more has more distance ?
Any expereince with any of this is good specially from some one that own or used for more than one or 2 rounds.

Check out the home page and we have reviewed all of them or almost all of them. And all were at the THP Demo Day as well.

I just want opinions of long time user of any of this clubs. I read all the reviews but theres not much detail of each player specially since my wife is not tall at all.
From the reviews looks like the NIke is the way to go.

Another option is THP Demo Day. We had and will have TONS of ladies sets out there to try from every major brand.

Well I have played all three and I am only 5' tall as well. I loved the MachSpeeds and they were in my bag for a while until I tried the TM SuperLaunch and now you can't pry those out of my hands. I tried the Faith also and while they are nice they weren't right for my game. It's not so much about the height of a person but more about what club works for their game.

I just want opinions of long time user of any of this clubs. I read all the reviews but theres not much detail of each player specially since my wife is not tall at all.
From the reviews looks like the NIke is the way to go.

Well I have played all three and I am only 5' tall as well. I loved the MachSpeeds and they were in my bag for a while until I tried the TM SuperLaunch and now you can't pry those out of my hands. I tried the Faith also and while they are nice they weren't right for my game. It's not so much about the height of a person but more about what club works for their game.

Agreed!! I read your reviews on the TaylorMade irons and really had my hopes on them. But when I went to get fitted for them, I couldn't hit a ball with them to save my life. The Callaways that I have, I hit fabulously with them when I was getting fitted. So its all about the clubs as each person is different, what works for one may not work for another :) Get fitted!!!

Thanks

Agreed with Golf Chick. I'm a towering 5' 2, 5' 3" with my golf shoes on, and I have the Adams A7OS set right now and love it. I used to play with Callaway X-12s (a-hem, I know, they were SO old, but I couldn't give them up). I never realized they were custom (cut down 1/2 an inch - they were hand me downs from my mom) and it really mattered when I demoed clubs. I was too lazy to get out to a place to custom fit me once I made this realization, but the A7OSs were great off the rack (I demoed about 6 different clubs b/f picking them). Although I've been playing a long time, I still suck b/c I never get out any more - lol and really appreciate the GI irons/hybrid sets.

Being 5'4'' myself, I had been playing with off the rack clubs for years Top Flite, Taylor Made and now Callaway Big Berthas and never realized that the clubs were always too long for me. This past season I decided to have them fitted and what a difference it makes just in comfort standing over the ball. I really regret not getting fitted from the beginning, I feel like I spent years making adjustments just to hit the ball when I could have been using that time to really improve my game had I known better.

Back