Bubba Watson Renews W/ Ping

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Coming off his most successful year ever, Bubba Watson signed a multi-year agreement to continue playing PING golf equipment, PING Chairman & CEO John Solheim announced today.

In 2010, the three-time PGA Tour driving distance champion showcased his versatility. He overcame a six-stroke deficit to win the Travelers Championship, forced a playoff in the PGA Championship, and qualified on points to make his first Ryder Cup team. He's currently No. 27 in the Official World Golf Ranking.

"Everything came together this year," said Watson. "I won my first Tour event, was close to winning a major, and played in the Ryder Cup, so it feels great. The people over at PING deserve a lot of credit. I've always played PING clubs because they feel right and I know they'll perform, so I can play any shot I want. Their technology is amazing."

Watson plays a G15® driver, G15 fairway wood, the new S56™ irons and Tour-S™ wedges, and a Redwood® Anser® putter. As part of the new agreement, Watson will wear a PING hat, carry a PING staff bag and play a minimum of 11 PING clubs, including a PING driver and putter. Financial terms and the length of the agreement were not disclosed.

"Bubba's game is a lot of fun to watch," said Solheim. "It was exciting to see him win for the first time and then carry that momentum through the rest of the year into the Ryder Cup. With his strong performances all season, especially at the PGA Championship, the golf world was reminded what a tremendous all-around player he is. We're happy to continue a relationship we've had for many years."

This season, Watson posted his lowest scoring average since joining the PGA Tour, finished second in average driving distance at 309.8 yards, and placed in the top 10 in six key statistical categories. All of which moved him up 70 places in the Official World Golf Ranking from 2009. The 32-year-old Florida native had two second-place finishes and a third among his four top 10s.

ping hat deal huh? does that mean that will continue to see big.dumb.visor?

i need one! can't find them though.

hard to believe he's 32. for some reason I thought he was younger. good job Bubba, looking forward to seeing more plus size visors and shirts buttoned all the way to the top.

Great news. I hope Bubba continues to play well. He is a LOT of fun to follow on Twitter.

Making Ping, Travis Mathew, and Kentwool Tour proud!

That's good for Bubba, he has become one of or not my favorite golfer. He's a great character and fun to watch.

i need one! can't find them though.

this is actually the only reason he signed. No one else makes that horrible of a visor

I like the goofy style and how much fun when he drive the ball

this is actually the only reason he signed. No one else makes that horrible of a visor

may his hat deal will bring back this style for him.
U.S.-Open---Round-One-001.jpg

Good for Bubba! He was really fun to watch this year. I too would like to see him wear a smaller visor....

It's fun watching Bubba play. He seems like a perfect match for Ping. Not too many people can get away with a pink shaft in their driver.

I don't really follow tour players that much but the fun Bubba (and Rickie) brings to the game is infectious. Good on him and good on Ping for supporting him.

I want that bucket hat! They only made them for Bubba.

I want the camo bucket hat they made him few yrs back he wore at The Masters.

Bubba is in my top three favorite players on the PGA tour. The guy is a walking postitive attitude billboard! KellyBo bought me a UGA bucket hat last year when she was playing in a ladies tournament held at the UGA course in Athens. I love that hat and wear it most of the summer to protect me from the sun..

You don't every really hear anyone talk about it, but Bubba's only fairway wood is a 4 wood. I don't think too many pros go this route... it's just one of many reasons why Bubba is one of my favorites. It's kind of odd that his deal would be for only 11 clubs... he played Ping with all 14 clubs last season. Maybe he's thinking of using someone else's wedges?

It's kind of odd that his deal would be for only 11 clubs... he played Ping with all 14 clubs last season. Maybe he's thinking of using someone else's wedges?

Actually, that is how a TON of deals are structured on the tour. 11 clubs is very much the norm.

Ole Gray;426296[B said:
]Bubba is in my top three favorite players on the PGA tour. The guy is a walking postitive attitude billboard![/B] KellyBo bought me a UGA bucket hat last year when she was playing in a ladies tournament held at the UGA course in Athens. I love that hat and wear it most of the summer to protect me from the sun..

He is a very easy guy to route for. I wish he had pulled off the win at Whistling Straits.

Snedeker still wears an old school visor too if I remember correctly.

On topic, go Bubba and a smart move for Ping as I think you would be hard pressed to find a pro that appeals to such a broad market. For fun check out his youtube channel, the guy is a complete goofball.

john

He could have signed with Callaway, Stuart Applebey's got a BDV too.

45c33ed676110f5f2e2d8b777f6cac3b-getty-golf-aus-open.jpg

Back on subject: Ping shoud be quite happy he's with them. Great personality and a winning golf game = great pubilcity.

(BDV=big dumb visor)

I won't spoil it for anyone watching the tourney results from the Chevron today so lets just say that I don't think Bubba will be getting rid of his Ping 4 wood anytime soon.

john

I won't spoil it for anyone watching the tourney results from the Chevron today so lets just say that I don't think Bubba will be getting rid of his Ping 4 wood anytime soon.

john

Incredible shot. I couldn't have tee'd it up with my driver from there and reached. Bubba is one of my favorites because he is just a good person who happens to be great at golf. And if I make it to the outing I guess I have to remember not to button my shirt up to the top. I always wear my shirts like that.

Back