SKLZ Power Sleeve

c_ault

Reaction score
I was looking through this forum and haven't seen this product listed by anyone. I also see a couple of people asking about heavy clubs. This is one of 2 actual training aids that I have bought that I still use (the other is the Pelz putting clips). The power sleeve is a great for stretching/warming up and can be used on any club to make it heavy while hitting shots.

http://sklz.com/golf-training-aids/power-sleeve-golf-club-weight

Not only is it a great product but you can pick them up at rockbottomgolf.com for $19.99

Thanks for the write up. Im sure people will find it helpful. What are some of the results you are seeing outside of the typical warming up?

Ordered one!

Taylor made has the exact same thing. They call it the speed sleeve.

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

I don't know if finding a good tempo would be considered part of warming up but it definitely helps me slow my takeaway and back swing tempo down (I get too fast sometimes and that never ends up good). It also helps me feel the muscles involved in the swing better, it probably helps build or tone those muscles causing less fatigue.
One thing that concerns me when thinking about this is if it is causing problems with my grip pressure. I have a tendency of gripping too tight. I'll have to pay more attention to that when using it, see if I can use it to help lighten my pressure.
I know the guy in the video said something about help in feeling the club head and I feel that is wrong. The way it is designed though you can feel any rotation in the shaft during the backswing, which in some way is like feeling what the club head is doing.
Since it attaches to the shaft it does affect how the club reacts when hitting balls. I don't think I've ever put it on a graphite shaft, I'll have to play around with that to see what happens.
My dad used it once to hit balls with and he hated it. He said that it amplified all of the negatives in his swing. I don't know if that is true but I'd think that would be a good thing.

Taylor made has the exact same thing. They call it the speed sleeve.

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

I didn't know Taylormade had training aids so I looked them up. It looks like the exact same thing. Looking at their other aids they all look like things I've seen from other companies. I wonder if TM licenses these or just "improves" the design. :)

Recieved mine today! Really fast shippers at RockBottomGolf, only took 3 days to Sweden.

Tried a few swings in the living room and it feels really nice and heavy. Going to take it with me to the range and see what happens, also they have mirrors so I can see myself swing.

Wow, I don't think I've ever received anything in 3 days (at least w/o paying an arm and a leg), good job Rock Bottom.

I hope it works out for you.

Back