Five Guys Burgers & Fries

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Who's gone??
I went today for teh first time - our first location opened just recently here in Calgary.
I've got to say that for a commercial hamburger place, i was pretty impressed with the quality and taste!

A couple points put me off though.
For my dad and I, I spent $26.83 for 2 burgers, 1 large fries, and 2 regular pops. That seems really pricey for what we got.
The Bulk Peanuts. This is a sour point wiht me because my brother is deathly allergic to peanuts. He also LOVES hamburgers like I do, so this automatically crosses this place off the map for him.

In this day and age, how do people serve peanuts like that?
It's the same thing as asian restaurants - how do they do this??

I love them!! I have been in Dallas and in Omaha and they are great! I like they way they tell you where they got their fries that day too

THey make a pretty good burger. Their fries are the best.

Awesome burgers at slightly absurd prices.

(via tapatalk android)

The best commercial fast food available. Period.

Great burgers, and the cajun fries are lip smacking good.

I love Five Guys!

Not a big fan of chain restaurants, but I do like Five Guys.

Best Burger Ever: The Elvis Burger at the Steel Trolley Diner in Lisbon,OH. It has bacon, peanut butter, and homemade banana jam on it, along with a side of mud fries (fries with brown gravy and shredded cheddar)

Five Guys is great, but a bit pricey. They do give you big portions of fries, but its a better deal if you just get the fries to share.

They have great food, possibly the best burger on the market, but you really can't compair them to fastfood because they are not.

Im a fan for sure. This is one of those places that falls in between the fast food and something better. They make a very good burger and I love the Cajun fries thrown all over the bag.

I am a fan of that place.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Best burgers in town. The fries in the bag are worth the trip alone

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

The one in our town is really good, but really you can only go in store, takeout can leave the fries a bit soggy, but the burgers are awesome!

Fresh cut fries don't travel well, no doubt.

Decent burgers. Sometimes the buns seem wet wrapped in the foil. Fries are good and they give you a ton. Damn pricey, though, and they don't hold a candle to a couple of local places. We went quite a few times when they opened here, but haven't been in a while. I find myself weighing the price versus the satisfaction ratio, and the scales haven't been tipping in the Five Guys direction. I make such great burgers at home, it's hard to justify.

Kevin

we finally just got one around here... I've always heard good things about them and In-and-Out, but last week I was able to try... Damn they were good burgers... actually, I think I might go there for lunch today...

We have them here in Chicago... I can honestly say that are pretty good, but honestly, nothing special, imo.

I think they do a good job of sticking to what they know and not having an 'over-the-top', trying to please everyone kind of menu. I don't particularly care for peanuts out the shell. So the free peaunuts thing is what it is... It's something different, but again, nothing special.

The best thing I had there were the cajun fries... the burgers were good and tasted fresh, somewhat homemade, but it didn't live up to the hype, especially for the price.

it's good, but it just doesn't have that special sauce that In-n-out has. There's one 5 blocks from my apt, but after going twice in a two week span, i'm over it. In-n-out gets my vote!

Best thing about the cajun fries are the cajun belchs you get later in the day. Ive killed small plants and weak women here in the office with them.

FIFY....
Best thing about the cajun fries are the cajun :poop: you get later in the day. Ive killed small plants and weak women here in the office with them.

We have one here in central NC that I love. They are a bit pricey but the burgers and fries are second to none.

I never thought the prices were bad there but I also don't get a bacon cheeseburger I just get a little burger and split fries with someone. I like Five Guys and now that everyone has talked about it I want a burger badly!

Five Guys' burgers are OK. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a burger from them though.

The Bulk Peanuts. This is a sour point wiht me because my brother is deathly allergic to peanuts. He also LOVES hamburgers like I do, so this automatically crosses this place off the map for him.

In this day and age, how do people serve peanuts like that?
I guess I'm a bit dense. So long as your brother doesn't eat the peanuts, what's the harm in him going to a 5G? AFAIK, they don't fry their fries in peanut oil. Does being in the mere presence of peanuts (smelling them, etc.) present a danger to him? Honestly I don't know so I'm asking.

It's the same thing as asian restaurants - how do they do this??

What does this statement mean? Exactly what is the same thing as Asian restaurants? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

it's good, but it just doesn't have that special sauce that In-n-out has. There's one 5 blocks from my apt, but after going twice in a two week span, i'm over it. In-n-out gets my vote!

x2 on In-N-Out burgers. Hands down the best "fast food" burgers.

Edit: I read on their website that 5G does fry in peanut oil, and just learned that bulk peanuts are a risk to people very allergic to peanuts.

Last edited:
I never thought the prices were bad there but I also don't get a bacon cheeseburger I just get a little burger and split fries with someone. I like Five Guys and now that everyone has talked about it I want a burger badly!

Yep with all this talk I may have to brave the mall at this time of the year since theres a Five Guy there.

Back