What is your Fastest round?

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
Not that it should normally be a goal to run through a round but just curious, what is the shortest amount of time you have completed a round? For me, I teed off one morning this summer with the first tee time of the day by myself on a par 72 course and I was walking, (fast). I intentionally went early and alone because I had to get a quick round in. I played the front 9 in 1hr 10min. When I hit the turn the course had started groups off on the back already who just wanted to play 9. I got a rain check as I could tell it would be slow, (looked down the 10th fairway to see 4 gentlemen in their 70's-80's who were walking). I'm pretty sure I could have finished in 2.5hrs or so.

Haha, funny you bring this up, because I was out today at 3pm, and finished hole 18 at 5pm tp beat the darkness. Disclaimer, I did skip 2 holes because the sunset was right in my eyes, and I WAS riding a cart.

Walking, if I'm by myself, with no-one in front of me, I can play a round in about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. I usually dont try to speed golf it, I waited long enough to get out to golf, why would I want it to end sooner?

I've done 2hr 15min in a cart going through only 2 groups at hole 9 and 10.

Fastest walking is probably around 3 hrs. I have yet to be able to walk with no one to get through though.

It just depends in the groups ahead of us. The fastest we've ever played was an hour and a half on a 9 hole par 31. There was no one on the course.

Now for a full round of 18 holes, the fastest we've ever finished was in 4 hours :( the longest has been 6 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be spoiled because three and a half hours is about the norm for me if I golf in the afternoon. Today walking with a buddy we went out at 11:51 and were done at 14:45. A little 9 holer I frequent is about an hour and a half if it is clear but can quickly turn into 2 hours depending on the traffic.

Worst ever was three hours forty five mintutes for 9 :( and it was PAINFUL. I almost want to share that story but I do not really want to relive it to be honest.

john

My fastest is around 4 hours... I dont rush and am not really good enough to finish in less time yet.

I once finished 9 holes in 45 mins. I beleive it was riding. Think fastest 18 was about 1 hr 45 mins.

I once finished 9 holes in 45 mins. I beleive it was riding. Think fastest 18 was about 1 hr 45 mins.

Wow, 1 hr 45 mins is FAST. 5.8 minutes per hole. Assuming you shot say 80, that's a stroke every 1.3 minutes. I'm assuming you didn't stop for a hotdog & beer at the turn... lol

2.5 hours with no one in front of me for the entire round.

1:50 as a twosome.

walking - 2:35 for 18 (twosome)
riding - 1:20 for 18. (foresome) There is a caveat here, this was during the "longest day of golf" where we had a fore caddy ahead of us telling people to move over and let us through, and also a person following us replacing divots and raking traps. We 13.5 rounds that day :) All four of us would hit at the same time off the tee and run back to the cart.

fastest 18 riding for me was at Renaissance Park in Charlotte, playd 18 in under 2 hours.

fastest 9 holes walking was about an hour.

Fastest riding was 1 hour and 20 minutes for 18 holes.

Once walked as a fivesome at my home course and finished in 3.5 hours.

My typical round is played with a threesome and we normally finish in about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

2:15 walking by myself, 1st one out with no groups to play through, played two balls on some holes, probably could have gotten in slightly under 2 if i hadn't...

2:45 walking as a twosome once...

Riding just slows you down unless your out as a single

Riding just slows you down unless your out as a single

Not in FL it doesnt. Course layout determines how fast walkers and riders can play. If you have 500 yards between green and teebox, walking is WAY slower.

Not in FL it doesnt. Course layout determines how fast walkers and riders can play. If you have 500 yards between green and teebox, walking is WAY slower.

What I'm saying is if you have two golfers in the cart, unless they are both putting the ball in relatively the same spot it will slow them down going from one players ball playing the shot, driving to the other guys ball playing that shot etc... than two guy walking to their balls and playing their shots and going directly to their next shot.

I go out walking with a buddy all the time and whenever we get matched up with a twosome in a cart we are always waiting on them as they go back and forth from one player's ball to the other's as we just walk directly to our shots and go (ready golf of course.)

Single player in a cart vs. single walker cart would win no doubt, but i respectfully disagree otherwise JB...

2:15 as a twosome

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

I understand what your saying about long distances between holes though, the courses I'm talking about up here are all next tee behind the current green, not bridges over swamps...

I was only considering playing time tee to green not travel time green to tee...

2 hours for 18 playing by myself on a pretty open course.I was able to play through on a couple of holes when I ran into traffic.

1:45 riding and 2:30 walking

On a Friday morning in early September this year I went out as a single and finished in right around 2 hours, full 18 in a cart, played through a couple of groups along the way. It was great. :)

par 72 7100yrds empty course winter conditions(no snow)
2 hours flat... if it werent for coffee and bathroom break it woulda been 10 mins less
shot a 96
it was grip it an rip it or freeze your tail off hahaa

2:20 as a 2some in a cart

My best is 2.5hrs for 27 holes. In the summer heat here you can fly as no one wants to play when it's 110(except me! I love it).

Less than an hour... with cart empty course that i have played a million times...so i already knew what i was hitting before i even got to the ball. I don't know about that, you could walk and me and my partner would ride and i bet we would be waiting on you most of the day....we seldom are more than 40yds apart....we play the same game....

Back