I cleaned up my acoustic the other day. Did a nice polish job and restrung her. She is sounding and looking gorgeous again!

I've played guitar on and off (mostly off) for about 35 years. Was in a band right after high school for a couple years, but never did anything more than jam a lot and play a couple backyard parties. I had a long layoff (almost 25 years) and just started playing again a couple years ago, mostly classic rock stuff. I got into a major "gearhead" phase when I started playing again, and have waaayyy more guitar gear than I need, considering that I only play at home and occasionally jam with a friend who's a drummer.

I like to hear this chatter about musicians. I have been a singer most of my life. I have been inactive for a couple of years now, but was in a few cover bands over the years.

I like to hear this chatter about musicians. I have been a singer most of my life. I have been inactive for a couple of years now, but was in a few cover bands over the years.

I like to think i can sing... Im not sure how it sounds to other people though... Hahahaha i don't really sing in front of people. I'm not bad but I'm not sure if i'm any good either...

I like to think i can sing... Im not sure how it sounds to other people though... Hahahaha i don't really sing in front of people. I'm not bad but I'm not sure if i'm any good either...
I like to joke that my best singing is solo - "so-lo(w) you can't hear me!".

Well let's see start playing in 1974 after seeing the Ramones in New York at CBGBs, played in a couple local bands that played parties and crapy country bars. Played alot of Stooges, Ramones, Pistols, etc Got beat up alot. Moved on to early 80's hardcore, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, etc. then 86 quit and worked on career as IT manager. Started up again in around 200 started collecting guitars and amps. Paly out occasionally but last year or two haven't been playing much as been having hearing and arthritis issues.
100_0933.jpg

^Nice rig man!

I've played guitar for about 7 years. Started noodling around on the acoustic to pick up girls, ended up playing the most male-oriented style of music there is. My last band was a modern thrash/death metal hybrid. It also led to me working as a music reviewer for a major website for a number of years.

I've been a musician all my life. Started singing in church at five, played trombone and tuba through college. I've worked professionally as a singer and bassist. And have been a music teacher for 17 years, the last 11 at universities teaching choral music and music history.

guitar is where its at i have and acoustic and 2 electric ,the ladies love it. lol

How do you guys do it?
I played piano for 7 years, and clarinet for 6 years.
Quite honestly, i HATED practicing, HATED getting compliments from my parents since I always took them as pity compliments, but then always came out as one of the better performers in my junior high/highschool bands. I only stayed in band in highschool because I had my good friends there, and we travelled.

I've been playing Drums/Percussion 20+ years. More of the rudimental/concert percussion as compared to Drumset. I also went to college on a vocal scholarship.
Since I graduated from High School, I've been teaching Marching Percussion. I marched Drum and Bugles corps and Indoor drumline since 1994.

Good stuff, love talking to other musicians!

I play the stereo.

Awesome.

I've been a musician all my life. Started singing in church at five, played trombone and tuba through college. I've worked professionally as a singer and bassist. And have been a music teacher for 17 years, the last 11 at universities teaching choral music and music history.

Awesome! I'm a teacher myself at the High School level so I've got crazy respect here all around!

Another guitarist here.

Guitars: Yamaha Acoustic and Fender Mexican Strat with upgrades
Amps: Peavey Delta Blues 40 watt (Tweed)

I play a lot of Blues and Rock on the Strat and Folk, Blues on the Acoustic.

Favorite stuff to play on the Acoustic is... Ray Lamontagne, Avett Brothers, Mumford and Sons, Ryan Adams, John Mayer, and other similar artists

Electric...Hendrix, Cream, Clapton, Zeppelin, John Mayer, The Black Keys, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Crows, and other similar artists.

Picked up the guitar at 19. So it's been 6 years now and I feel like I have done pretty good for being self taught.

Ive played Guitar for over 20 years off and on. I play both acoustic and electric. Still have the old Kramer and Randall RG 80. My main guitars now are Taylors. Just love the sound.

Been playing for around 9 years. Started off with an acoustic playing classical style songs with my fingers. Transitioned over to a pick and grabbed an electric in the process. Started playing mostly classic rock and blues. My favorite artist for a long time was Stevie Ray Vaughan. Went to college and changed musical tastes and playing styles. I began to really love metal music. Picked up a nice shred guitar and a better amp and played in a few local bands during those years. Now I primarily play metal, prog metal and classic rock.

Guitars:
Ibanez RGex1
Fender Mexi Strat
1961 Fender Jaguar
Taylor 110 Acoustic

Amps:
Line 6 Spider III 150W
Fender Vibroverb tube 100W

guitarist here. I am stuck in the 80's. Dokken, Ratt, Van Halen, Ozzy etc. etc.
Down to 3 guitars right now. ESP M-II, USA Fender Strat, USA Ovation acoustic.
Running either a low wattage Baron Snott Watt or Blackstar HT-5 head into a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 with a TC G-major in the effects loop. Sometimes boosted with a BBE Green Screamer.

I can play the piano. Wish I had time to play more.

Yay Music \o/

I play a little. Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys. I've tinkered with trumpet and sax but can't play much more than a c concert scale on them. I love all musics really, except country. I'll listen to it if someone puts it on, but it's not something I gravitate towards. I played concert and jazz bands in HS, and played everything from rnb to industrial in various bands. I've played reggae the most, was in a couple reggae bands in CA and have some stuff I've written and recorded. Currently working on some more punk/metal stuff, and some electronic.

I play guitar a bit, I've been playing about 25 years on and off and I Love the 80's guitar rock and hairbands stuff. I still have a Charvel or two laying around :wink:

I'm a drummer by nature but I love to play Blues guitar and a little Jazz guitar.

I started, playing bass when I was 9 or 10. I'm 25 now. Also picked up guitar and some drums over the years. My current band is finally starting to grow here in Houston. Our Singer is a former marine, so we try to do any of the wounded warrior stuff or benefit concerts we can. You can download some of our songs for free on fightinggemini.com.

My kid is a musician. My job is really just to get him to where he needs to be on time, pay for all the lessons and then get out of the way. Hopefully it will pay for his college.

I play piano. Have since 4th grade, and enjoy it today as a senior. Have gotten better too!

I started, playing bass when I was 9 or 10. I'm 25 now. Also picked up guitar and some drums over the years. My current band is finally starting to grow here in Houston. Our Singer is a former marine, so we try to do any of the wounded warrior stuff or benefit concerts we can. You can download some of our songs for free on fightinggemini.com.

Very tasty stuff dude, there are some very noticable and cool influences in there.

Back