The Golf Chick Project

i think id spend more time with you than the bf too... hahaha

Hope it goes well for you tonight...keep us posted

Just got home from my lesson :crying: I took a huge step back tonight and you can tell that I haven't had a lesson in a while. We went back to the basics :crying: Back to the chipping shot with the 9 iron because my arms kept being disconnected from my body causing me to shank my shots :crying: So we worked on the half swing and even a putt swing with my 9 iron. Not good :nono: Couldn't even do a full swing today :crying: Well, now we know what I need to work on and hopefully next lesson (next Tuesday night) I'll be back on track.

And now my instructor tells me that the club end needs to be pointed to my belt because I had it too straight up in the air!! And I also need to be directly over the ball, so I'm leaning forward like I'm going to fall...

Golf is definitely something. You think you have one aspect of it down an then something else doesn't work. You take one step forward and 2 HUGE steps backwards :crying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont get discouraged... keep working at it and itll pay off!

Its really been that long since I've had a golf lesson. Tonight's lesson was just me so my instructor spent all hour with me :) No problems with my 9 iron at all. He said my swing looks great!! However, I was using a Hank Haney practice club type of thing where its really whippy, because I have a completely different swing with my longer irons and woods than I do with my short irons. Go figure :confused2: So we were working on keeping my arms connected with that practice club, and I was hitting 180 yards, LOL!! If only it was accurate :D But it got me feeling the lag and everything. You'd think since I swing well with my 9 iron that it would just carry over to my other clubs :nono: Not even close...For some strange reason, my swing with my other clubs is just awful, but when I swing my short irons, its wonderful :) So we'll be working on that for a while. LOL, I asked if I could hit with my driver, not ready for that yet. We spent a good chunk of tonight's lesson on the practice club. Until next week...

keep up with the lessons and play alot

Where r u taking lessons now?

Same instructor we've had for a year and at the same place. I just have to do evenings because of work schedule and his weekends have a
mile long waiting list.

keep up with the lessons and play alot

We try to play every weekend if we
cant do a regulation course we will play either the 9 hole par 31 near us or a par 3 18 hole to work on the short game. When we played over the weekend, we played an 18 hole par 3 course Saturday at 8am, played 2 balls each and finished in under 2 hours :clapp: we walked and carried. Sunday we played the 9 hole par 31 and I got a par on the first 3 holes (par 3s) landed on the green in 1 and 2 putted almost birdied :( and then the 4th hole is a par 4 215 yards or so and I ended up with a bogey and then it just went downhill from there :banghead:

Golf is such a difficult thing to learn. Every time I think I've finally got it, it leaves me and I feel like I'm starting over again. We're gonna get this one day! Enjoy those lessons and keep us posted of your progress.

Golf is such a difficult thing to learn. Every time I think I've finally got it, it leaves me and I feel like I'm starting over again. We're gonna get this one day! Enjoy those lessons and keep us posted of your progress.

Yea!! You keep thining that...LOL

You would think my swing would be similar across my bag, LOL!! We are working from scratch with my woods and longer irons. I have
No problems with my shorter irons. Watch, next week will be the complete opposite: I will have no problems with my longer clubs and have to start all over with my short clubs. It's funny how everything just doesn't work together!! I'd like to be consistent with my ball striking. When we start off the round it's great, and then it just gets worse and worse!!

I also learned last night that my power doesn't come with my arms, but with my legs, primary power source :good:

i love that you are taking lessons and are doing whatever it takes to improve... wish other ppl would follow suit

I think I just had my BEST lesson yet...My instructor told me that I've been his most improved student within the last year. That's a HUGE compliment :clapp: I did well, the BF on the other hand...had most of the instruction. I was just hitting balls. Started off with my 9 iron to get warmed up, then my instructor asked how I was doing with my driver and so I was hitting with my driver very well. I was getting over 150 yards IN-THE-AIR!!!! :joy: and hitting them straight...I spent about 3/4 of my lesson on just hitting my driver and the other 1/4 of my lesson just with my 9 iron and 7 iron. It was AWESOME!!!!

that is great news... keep up the good work and soon your driver will be carrying 200

So it wasn't that cold as I thought it would be for my golf lesson, but what a great golf lesson it was. It was just me this time, BF has some issues with his nail not being part of his finger on his left hand, etc. So it was just me :D We were working on getting more distance off the tee. He took videos of my swing and phew...I'm finally on plane in my backswing and downswing :clapp: YAY!!!!! He said I hit my driver much better than my irons, go figure :confused2: And he also complimented me again on my swing and how I'm his most improved student. Great work with the driver today :joy: My instructor said that if you looked at my swing then and now, its totally and completely different. I was all over the place in my swing on a few different planes at the same time, now I'm just on 1 :D

We were talking at the end of my lesson and he said he thinks he's neglected the BF and spent a lot more time with me, and now that my swing is where he wants it and I'm just tweaking some minor things (and believe me, we were working from scratch when we first started) that he needs to spend more time with the BF.

does he give you the swing vids on disc or anything?

does he give you the swing vids on disc or anything?

I'll have to ask him. I'd love to see my before and after. He has them all on his digital camcorder that he uses.

One of his juniors was there practicing on the range and she asked to borrow some of my range balls and she took out my instructor's driver, teed the ball, and whacked it clear across the the back fence of the driving range. I was just in amazement. She missed the US Open by 1 stroke last year, and she's only 12. That's just...:drool: I told my instructor I want to hit just like that, and he said that everything he's been teaching me, he's taught her.

one day young one... one day hahaha

Glad to see you are doing so well GC!

So after such a GREAT lesson last week, I had a BAD lesson last night. Its like I forgot how to swing :crying: He adjusted my swing just a little bit, and it went all downhill from there :( So not good...My instructor said that even the pros have days like mine, and I told him I'm soo done with golf :D haa haa So hopefully my swing will come back. I have bad days where I just forget how to swing all together, but they are becoming fewew and less often. So that's the goal, to have less bad days and more spectacular days like last week :clapp: We've completely disregarded the whole "trying to get more distance off the tee" and are now working on keeping my right elbow pointed down at the top of the swing. Problems with the weight shifting again :( Until next time...

Back