Finally it's ski season again.

Will be snowboarding Whistler next weekend!

Counting days until 8 Jan when i will fly to Austria for some epic skiing!

Skullcandy??? I recognize the area.
Wow, you're good! Really close. My office is right on top of them.

We have been all over the PC area, but now are near Park Meadows Golf Club.
Let me know if you ever want to stay at the NewPark Hotel. Our company has a pretty good corporate rate there.

Wow, you're good! Really close. My office is right on top of them.

Let me know if you ever want to stay at the NewPark Hotel. Our company has a pretty good corporate rate there.

Haha. Only know that exact area because I was at Skullcandy to meet up with some folks once and recognized the awning of the adjacent building. Other than that, I am only near there for a random trip to WM or going to olympic village, etc. Great spot to work!!

I am out there for several weeks of the season, we have had a family-owned place in various places in the PC area since about 1996. Thanks for the offer for the corporate rate; once we invited about 30 people out there with us once and needed 2 hotel rooms because we didn't expect nearly everyone to accept the invitation. ha.

You been out on the slopes yet? As it gets closer to when I go out next, I might ask your opinion on which slopes are currently seeing the best conditions, if you don't mind.

You been out on the slopes yet? As it gets closer to when I go out next, I might ask your opinion on which slopes are currently seeing the best conditions, if you don't mind.

I haven't been out yet. A few friends said it was great when the last big storms came through, but none of us have been out the last week. I probably won't be going out until the end of the month when some relatives are in town, but feel free to ask! I'm sure I can round up some snow reports for you. :smile:

Hey all you snowboard/ski people I have a pair of Oakley A frame goggles that are brand new. Jet black/ blue iridium lenses that I dont need at all, figured one of you could use them. Just pm for details.

I haven't hit the slopes yet, probably this or next weekend. I did go snowshoeing with my dog last week.

Off to the annual Utah trip today. Will be hitting Deer Valley, the Canyons and Park City. We will also do some snowshoeing and other good stuff.

If I do not come back with an injury, then that just means that I chickened-out on something.

Off to the annual Utah trip today. Will be hitting Deer Valley, the Canyons and Park City. We will also do some snowshoeing and other good stuff.

If I do not come back with an injury, then that just means that I chickened-out on something.

good luck... have fun and take pics

good luck... have fun and take pics

Thanks man. We did have fun. Though, we did come back with a few injuries. One of my pals broke his leg on a table top in the terrain park. But at least it happened on the last half of the last day. I stayed fairly safe, other than a nice gash from a branch during a tree run and some knee soreness.

This is the peak of one of our mountain hikes:
Snowtop.jpg

Thanks man. We did have fun. Though, we did come back with a few injuries. One of my pals broke his leg on a table top in the terrain park. But at least it happened on the last half of the last day. I stayed fairly safe, other than a nice gash from a branch during a tree run and some knee soreness.

Great Photo. I just came back from Brian's Head last weekend. Definitly not the best skiing in Utah but it's 3.5 hours away from vegas so it's absolutly fabulous for one-two day trips. Me and my buddy had so much fun the first day, we ended up sleeping in my car and sking half a day on Sunday before driving back down.

great pic... sorry bout the injuries tho

How lovely!! OH I LOVE UTAH! The husband and I used to go there 2x a season to snowboard b/f we had kids. Haven't been since I was pregnant with the first (five years ago!). Looks amazing. Glad to see you came back injury free IL.

Have gone skiing a couple times this year. Just got back from Wintergreen VA. Over new years my girlfriend and I went out west to Breckenridge CO. AWESOME skiing. That was my first time going out west and it really spoiled me when I came back and ski'd in VA this past weekend.

How lovely!! OH I LOVE UTAH! The husband and I used to go there 2x a season to snowboard b/f we had kids. Haven't been since I was pregnant with the first (five years ago!). Looks amazing. Glad to see you came back injury free IL.

You should get back there sometime (let the kiddos spend time with the grandparents for 3-4 days).

Have gone skiing a couple times this year. Just got back from Wintergreen VA. Over new years my girlfriend and I went out west to Breckenridge CO. AWESOME skiing. That was my first time going out west and it really spoiled me when I came back and ski'd in VA this past weekend.
Yeah, after doing the rockies, it is hard to do east coast skiing. I lived in CO for a few years and loved Breckenridge... though I have grown much more fond of Utah snow.

Went out for the first time last week.........

It was rough for the first hour, but after that I was good to go. Acouple days after though, I was hurting bad!

You should get back there sometime (let the kiddos spend time with the grandparents for 3-4 days).

Yeah, after doing the rockies, it is hard to do east coast skiing. I lived in CO for a few years and loved Breckenridge... though I have grown much more fond of Utah snow.

Where should I go in Utah? Don't know much about skiing there other than I hear a lot of people say its just as good as CO and much cheaper.

Where should I go in Utah? Don't know much about skiing there other than I hear a lot of people say its just as good as CO and much cheaper.

My recommendation is Park City, Utah. It is only about a 30 minute drive from Salt Lake and there is never traffic. The town is really fun and worth spending an extra day to explore. Within about a 5 minute drive from Park City are 3 great resorts: Deer Valley (my favorite); the Canyons; and Park City Mountain Resort.

Deer Valley has been rated the #1 ski resort in North America for about the last 5 years by Ski Magazine. It is a skiiers only resort, they limit the amount of skiiers each day and they have the best groomed runs I have ever seen. The Canyons is one of the largest (if not the largest) skiable resort terrain in North America. The views are awesome and the snow is great. Park City Mountain Resort is like the Keystone of Utah.

Finally, I think the powder is better in Utah. It breaks my heart to say it, since I lived in CO, but I think it is true.

park city is a great place... loved it there

When we were grad students, my husband and I would Priceline everything. We'd stay in Salt Lake at a 3* hotel for $40/night, buy tickets at the local ski shops for a discount (like Alta or Snowbird, which are both 30 mins drives from door to mountain), and we always had a great time. Park City is more expensive, & more like a resort town. For us driving 30 minutes is not much in the morning and at end of the day, since to go to the slopes in LA it takes a good 1.5 hrs to get to decent snow.

As for Breckenridge - I got engaged there! I had terrible altitude sickness the whole time I was there and was miserable. But, my husband did propose there (after eating elk at the Briar Rose) so it was a pretty great trip. They told me next time to fly into Denver, acclimate to the altitude a little (for a day) b/f heading up to the mtns, but we haven't been back since.

If you want an all-in-one place, you can't do much better than Park City--great skiing, great food, and pretty good nightlife.

If you don't mind a little driving, or just want to get away from it all, check out the Little Cottonwood Canyon resorts. My personal faves are there--Alta and Snowbird.

In either case, unless you're here during a holiday weekend, you'll be able to ski/board your behind off. Back in the day :smile: when I skied more, I'd head up on a weekday morning and be pretty much skied out by noon since there weren't much in the way of lines. Then I'd head in to work and take a nap. :tongue:

Oooo... Sorry to hear about the injuries, but glad to hear you had a "fairly safe" time.

I can't tell for sure, where was that picture taken? Looks more like the front side of the Canyons than anywhere else, but I don't claim to know the mountains that well...

Back