a little help needed

the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
ok so bare in mind ive only been playing 7 weeks. up the range to day and im slicing everything right. a nice guy said your sliding to the left to much and not rotating in tandum top half behind my bottom half so i was leaving the club behind, also that i wasnt clearing my left side????? he came and watched my for a minute and also said i was straightening my right leg on my back swing so i worked on a couple of drills slowing my swing down. which worked but he said i could hit the ball further if i could learn to keep my posture on my back swing in stead on straighening my leg. hw said my swing is good but if i could correct this id but alot more consistant so...... any drills i could or try? sorry for being long winded about it

Try this around the house to get the feel of maintaining flex in your legs to the top. Take a club and place the club head behind your right knee (right handed players) and then drape the shaft over your left leg and brace the grip against a door frame or the back of your couch. As you move to the top the club will force you to keep your knees very quiet. This is the feel I want you to get to the top of your back swing.

Another way to do this at the range (if your range has baskets). Leave 10 balls in the basket and place it behind your back leg. The basket should rest against the back of your shoe and be right along the back of your calf. If your leg starts to straighten up you will push against the basket. Your goal here is to not move the basket.

Let me know how this goes and good luck.

ok so i went down the range tonight and.......
started off with my tristy 7 iron concentrated on keeping everything still right knee flexed and it worked :) every club up to my woods was going really well.
Then my 3 wood and driver i couldnt work oout why i was slicing them so i fiddled with my stance abit. firstly where the ball was positioned, followed by the width of my feet, and finally the one which seemed to cure it turning my feet in. as i widen my stance i was turning my feet out more and for some reason losing balance in my swing? does this sound right? so in the end i was going through pretend holes in my head i.e driver down the fairway hybrid/7iron followed by my pw to areas around the range. and in all i was really happy id say i hit 95% in the direction i was aiming.:)

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Try to avoid turning the feet out. I don't mind the front foot turn open a bit, but I would like the back foot to remain square.

Back