Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Orioles have made some good moves in the last few years. It's really too bad what has happened to that franchise, Peter Angelos really stripped them down and made some bad choices with them in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The Adam Jones deal was a great one, Bedard went down hill real quick. The Josh Bell for Sherrill is the one that always kills me being a Dodger fan.
With Guthrie, if Matusz can get it together and Arrietta can come back healthy, they could have a decent staff with Buck at the helm. I like their outfield too and lets see what Weiters can do. If anything, they are a fun team to watch.

Yanks won't up Lee offer.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/yankees_will_not_increase_offer_TWHgBBQH2BCQzlVaKCZSoI

GOOD! The more I've been thinking about it, the more I think I'd rather him go elsewhere. For 7 years, they'd be paying a 39 year old pitcher about 22 million bucks. It was a little different with CC, at least he was 28 when they gave him that many years. Expecting a decision soon, it will be interesting. I say he goes to the Nationals haha

Yanks won't up Lee offer.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/yankees_will_not_increase_offer_TWHgBBQH2BCQzlVaKCZSoI

GOOD! The more I've been thinking about it, the more I think I'd rather him go elsewhere. For 7 years, they'd be paying a 39 year old pitcher about 22 million bucks. It was a little different with CC, at least he was 28 when they gave him that many years. Expecting a decision soon, it will be interesting. I say he goes to the Nationals haha

I have been thinking the same thing, but then also they had a list of pitchers of what they did when they were 37 and 38, there was some good numbers put up by a lot of pitchers. Just think if he turns out to put up Randy Johnson numbers when he was 37-38. What im really hoping for is get Lee, then trade to get greinke to or if not grienke get Magglio ordonez. Now that would be awesome if they got either grienke or ordonez along with lee.

I have been thinking the same thing, but then also they had a list of pitchers of what they did when they were 38 and 39, there was some good numbers put up by a lot of pitchers. Just think if he turns out to put up Randy Johnson numbers when he was 38-39. What im really hoping for is get Lee, then trade to get greinke to or if not grienke get Magglio ordonez. Now that would be awesome if they got either grienke or ordonez along with lee.

I don't think you'll get Randy Johnson from Lee, I'd think you'd get more of an Andy Pettite type when he gets that age, which isn't all that bad.

Could they afford that? figure 20 mil for Lee, and then say 6-10 for Maggs, and whatever Grienke makes.

I don't think you'll get Randy Johnson from Lee, I'd think you'd get more of an Andy Pettite type when he gets that age, which isn't all that bad.

Could they afford that? figure 20 mil for Lee, and then say 6-10 for Maggs, and whatever Grienke makes.

Oh no way Lee puts up Randy's numbers, I was just saying a big what IF lol I would be fine with andy pettite numbers at age 38 his numbers at 37 werent to good though.

Im not sure, First guess was it would be 6-119 mill then read some stuff about them being really serious so my next guess would be 6-126 or 7-142.

Here you go, here is that article on pitchers at age 37-38. Good little read.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101211&content_id=16306248&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Randy Johnson
Age 37
21-6 2.49 era

Age 38
24-5 2.32 era

I forgot how much of a beast he was till I saw those numbers again.

he was good till he showed up in NY. Remember though, he was a traditional power pitcher and in those days was in the national league. Thats a good article. my thoughts on it, the top 3 guys, Johnson, Maddox, Clemens are probably the 3 of the best pitchers in the last 25-30 years, let alone history. Glavine and Mussina struggled at 38(Mussina did bounce back the next year to win 20). I would settle for Pettite type numbers from him, but I'm still leary of giving him that many years and those dollars.

oh yeah and Jamie Moyer is a freak

This whole Lee deal reminds me of the Kevin Brown contract. The first 5 years of that deal worked out but the last two could of been better.

Just heard. Damn you cliff lee!!! I said I would not be pissed if he signed with someone else but I lied I'm effin pissed! Dammit this sucks.

Hope rangers can grab Greinke or garza and sign Ordonez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some very very angry rangers fans here. Calling him LeBron James for "betraying" the rangers and some other not nice words. But no way is this compared to LBJ Lee was only here for half a season, just part of it. Hopefully no rangers fans go crazy and start burning stuff. But big props to him for taking less money and years to go were he wanted to go, actually one guy were it wasn't all about the money.

How nasty is this? Halladay/Lee/Oswalt/Hamels Gawd that's one hardcore rotation. Glad the phillies are in the NL. Sucks for the other team I root for (Mets) That is arguably the best rotation in the last 20 years maybe even history of baseball.

Going to miss Lee and him only walking 1 or 2 a game, the guy always gets ahead in the count. Congrats phillies.

Well it's time to pout and yell loud cuss words one last time before bed, Damn you Lee. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one heck of a 4 man rotation! Reminds me of the Orioles in the 70's with the four 20 game winners, Philly is gonna be tough next year, maybe needs one more bat to replace Werth.

If Lee were to sign a big deal with the Phillies would you be mad? While he was in Philly he said he wanted to retire in a Phillies uniform, and said he enjoyed his time in Seattle too and didn't want to leave there.

Wow, who thought this could happen?:alien:

That sound you just heard was a collective "sh!t" from everyone in NYC. Muwahahahaha

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

and now the Red Sox are going to get Joe Blanton from the Phils. Gee, ya think the Sox said they'd take Blanton ahead of time to help free up $$$$ for the Phils to get Lee so he wouldn't end up with the Yankees? Sounds like a great theory to me.

Merry Cliffmas, Hanks and Fildini! Making my Spring Training travel plans now. Anyone in for some golf and baseball in Clearwater come March?

fantastic idea! where are you going to set us up at?
Merry Cliffmas, Hanks and Fildini! Making my Spring Training travel plans now. Anyone in for some golf and baseball in Clearwater come March?

We may be able to get on Innisbrook or Old Memorial. Have some connections at both. Let's talk as we get closer to Spring.

That sound you just heard was a collective "sh!t" from everyone in NYC. Muwahahahaha

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

+1!!!!!!!

This reminds me of that mid 90s Braves rotation of Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine and Neagle but way better. Thats going to be a tough rotation come playoff time.
I bet Blanton for Cameron is the next move.

dig it. sounds like a plan to me. I'll get us Phillies golf shirts to rock then lol
We may be able to get on Innisbrook or Old Memorial. Have some connections at both. Let's talk as we get closer to Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back