5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Buying Honey Buns doesn't help either! Actually it's the eating of the Honey Buns, not the buying of that is the problem.

I'm with you there. I'm a sight eater. If I see it I'll eat it, that's why I try not to buy all that junk food. It's like the Borg sometimes... resistance is futile. :D

I'm with you there. I'm a sight eater. If I see it I'll eat it, that's why I try not to buy all that junk food. It's like the Borg sometimes... resistance is futile. :D

I am that way with certain foods, some I can actually stay away from, even if in the house.

I love some salt and vinegar chips!

I have some quotes below I am going to respond to but I just wanted to let everyone know that I signed up for the gym today and I am starting my personal training sessions tomorrow at 9am. I got 4 free ones for signing up (they were offering a gift card) and I purchased a packaged that gave me 8 total so I only had to buy 4. This made me very happy because I am going to get 4 more sessions then I originally thought.

I just want the kick start from the trainer to get me in the right direction and get me motivated to keep showing up. I even went out and bought some new work out clothes right after I signed up. I can't wait for a new me. I am now on the fast track to dropping 15 pound or 2 pant sizes. The numbers don't matter all that much to me. For me it has always been about how I feel in my clothes and how much jiggle I have. Right now my goal is to get rid of the jiggle. I don't even like jello why should my body look like it too.

You all are gonna think Im out there but I really dont change a whole lot right away with my eating. Its gradual. The only thing that is immediate is portions. I do throw away the sugars but that's pretty easy for the most part as I don't consume a lot of it (cept Canolis and Andreas mint cookies haha).

My problem is the damn burritos. Everything is so good in a tortilla. I've slacked a ton on my exercise and that stopped yesterday haha. I was able to lose 25lbs before last outing and I need to get on it!

I am the same way I don't really change my diet all that much either. I cut out the sweets and only splurge once a week on a really bad for you meal but most of the time I eat fairly healthy. If I didn't still somewhat decently I would easily be another 10-15 pounds heavier.

I'm slowly weaning myself down on intake as well. I can't do any big cuts because my body will just request another feeding during the day. I've been reading the books "Eat This Not That" and "Cook This Not That" and I'll be revamping my fridge/pantry and cooking habits pretty quickly after reading a few tidbits of info.

Portion control has ALWAYS been one of my biggest problems. I don't know when to stop and by the time I feel full I am so full that I feel like I am waddling.

I love some salt and vinegar chips!

Those are some of my favorite chips too! There is a really cook baked version that you can get at Whole Foods.

Nice work GG!!!!!!!!!!!! Those sessions are amazing in the sense of how much they can really get someone going. Good motivation to get started. Plus having a trainer rocks, they really push the bajeezus outta you.

Even though I've slacked I've only gained 6lbs back which isnt bad. I like how you equate fit to how you feel because that is big for me too. I mean I could lose 30 but if I'm not feeling good it wont matter! Good reminder.

Great job GG! I'm interested to see what you learn from your trainer. What a great perk and motivator! Keep us posted. It's so motivational to read what others are doing!

Nice work GG!!!!!!!!!!!! Those sessions are amazing in the sense of how much they can really get someone going. Good motivation to get started. Plus having a trainer rocks, they really push the bajeezus outta you.

Even though I've slacked I've only gained 6lbs back which isnt bad. I like how you equate fit to how you feel because that is big for me too. I mean I could lose 30 but if I'm not feeling good it wont matter! Good reminder.

It really is all about how you feel not about how much you weight. From 18 to 20 I weight 100lbs and everyone said I was way too thin. Then I started working out and got up to 115, that's a HUGE difference in weight for someone my height (5'0"). But I honestly never looked and felt better. I was healthy and lean without being bulky or skeleton like which is what I was like when I was 100lbs. I don't care if I weight 120 if I fit into my pants without a muffin top haha. It's not about the number it's all about how I feel.

Great job GG! I'm interested to see what you learn from your trainer. What a great perk and motivator! Keep us posted. It's so motivational to read what others are doing!

Thanks Kelly! I am really excited to work with the trainer. I have never had a trainer before and I was always so worried it would be too expensive but they had a really good deal. I never spend money on myself, as many of you know I am really cheap, but this is something that I have really wanted and I am still uneasy with the cost but it was actually a really good price and if I can walk away with some great tips and getting me on the right path to physical fitness and motivation then it will be worth it.

That's awesome GG, rock it out!

Thanks!

I didnt read the whole thread but I was going to ask If anybody was trying or had tried P90X. I did for 2 weeks and was going strong (well after the first week I felt like I was hit by a truck, ha) but then I got the Flu and had to stop and never got the gumption to start back up again. But I have to say from the little I tried there already was results fast, especially in the Abs and chest/shoulder routine. Hurt so good!

GG awesome post! I have no doubt while weight is an issue with many of us, what you stated is oh so true. If your body is healthy, you feel sooooo much better. As we get older, if your weight get's out of control, you then can add health issues such as diabetes, blood pressure, joint issues, out of breath easily, yada dada doo. I am already starting to feel better, I'm more alert, I have a little more bounce in my step, less joint pain etc. after just a few days on my program. Weight loss or committing to exercise is not easy, however the benefits, as we all know, are well worth the effort. It's a tremendous plus having a personal trainer. If you have ever watched the show, "The biggest Looser", it is truly amazing the transformation some of those folks go through. Without their personal trainer, or someone like them, it would be extremely hard to get the job done. I'm very proud of you, and it's great to have you on board. Congrats on your choice for making a personal decision for better health . Let's get er done :thumb:

Good job GG, I completely agree with you. Its all about how you feel about you!

Before I started this workout I did lose 8 pounds in about 2 weeks just by changing my diet. Morning: a granola bar or organic oatmeal(which is great) Lunch: Soup, no specific kind, I thik Preogressive has a Gluten free which is oh so good. I have been getting a chicken corn chowder(flavored with bacon) and it is awesome. so, I typically take in about 300 calories for lunch. Snacks: Apple a day and sometimes I will let myself have a handful of chips. Dinner: My wife and I never eat out during the week, usually a baked chicken dish(very plain) with some sort of vegetable. Dessert: a glass of 2% milk.

Doesnt sound like a fun day of food, but I have never been an eater because I have to. My wife hates how I can go a day without eating and never say a word. My Bro is the same way.

Before I started this workout I did lose 8 pounds in about 2 weeks just by changing my diet. Morning: a granola bar or organic oatmeal(which is great) Lunch: Soup, no specific kind, I thik Preogressive has a Gluten free which is oh so good. I have been getting a chicken corn chowder(flavored with bacon) and it is awesome. so, I typically take in about 300 calories for lunch. Snacks: Apple a day and sometimes I will let myself have a handful of chips. Dinner: My wife and I never eat out during the week, usually a baked chicken dish(very plain) with some sort of vegetable. Dessert: a glass of 2% milk.

Doesnt sound like a fun day of food, but I have never been an eater because I have to. My wife hates how I can go a day without eating and never say a word. My Bro is the same way.

except i'm fatter!

dieting does little for me. i eat well as it is, it's the beer for me. i'd have to stop drinking beer to lose weight and well, i like beer!

i wish you all the best of luck, you're gonna do great.

fwiw, i think i just lost about a pound!

We've been drinking 0.5% milk for the past six months or so. Problem is that I have never seen it in the store, so we buy a gallon of skim and a gallon of 1% and mix them. I drank 2% milk since the 1970s and went to 1% early this year. Then we decided to see what would happen if we did the mix, and it's OK. I still can't do skim though!

except i'm fatter!

dieting does little for me. i eat well as it is, it's the beer for me. i'd have to stop drinking beer to lose weight and well, i like beer!

oh, I refuse to quit drinking beer. Looks like I will always have a gut. Just call me JMac

We've been drinking 0.5% milk for the past six months or so. Problem is that I have never seen it in the store, so we buy a gallon of skim and a gallon of 1% and mix them. I drank 2% milk since the 1970s and went to 1% early this year. Then we decided to see what would happen if we did the mix, and it's OK. I still can't do skim though!

I love the taste of whole milk. I agree with you, I hate the watery skim as well. I think 2% is just fine. Milk is good for you anyway.

I am in for 15, actually just started tracking yesterday, great idea!

except i'm fatter!

You don't have to stop drinking beer good buddy. I have no doubt that there are many of us on here, (including myself :drinks:),,, who enjoy beer, wine, liquor, or whatever. It's a better health and or loss of weight thing,,,,, that we are comitting to. Beer drinkers are some of my best friends :D!

You don't have to stop drinking beer good buddy. I have no doubt that there are many of us on here, (including myself :drinks:),,, who enjoy beer, wine, liquor, or whatever. It's a better health and or loss of weight thing,,,,, that we are comitting to. Beer drinkers are some of my best friends :D!

yeah, i'd have to stop drinking beer if i wanted to lose weight buddy. the miller high lifes aren't exactly light beers. i drink to many of them on a evening basis, it ups the caloric intake and then you sleep on it. not conducive to losing weight my friend.

Part of losing weight is moderation, same goes for beer (moderation being very subjective lol)

yeah, i'd have to stop drinking beer if i wanted to lose weight buddy. the miller high lifes aren't exactly light beers. i drink to many of them on a evening basis, it ups the caloric intake and then you sleep on it. not conducive to losing weight my friend.

Maybe drinking earlier in the morning? :D

Supper! Yes, it has ground beef but I drained it and rinsed it well. I also added one large potato at Gray's request. Otherwise lots of nutritious veggies! Yum yum on a cold day.

That looks delicious! I have been a big fan of soups, stews and chili's recently.

Supper! Yes, it has ground beef but I drained it and rinsed it well. I also added one large potato at Gray's request. Otherwise lots of nutritious veggies! Yum yum on a cold day.

Looks great Kelly! I've been living off crockpot chili for the past few days. It is wonderful during this period of time called winter.

I am in for 15, actually just started tracking yesterday, great idea!

B & G glad to have ya buddy! Good luck on your goals and let us know what your plans are.

Count me in for 10. I just saw a picture of myself. Hello Iced Tea. Goodbye Coke.

Back