Rose Bowl match up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even realize FSU was 1-5...wow. With the same utterly "embarassing" record of 1-2 in NC games. They should never be allowed to play again.

Yea... I hate that Ohio State is 5-3 in BCS bowls. That is soooooooo embarassing.

I didnt say BCS games now did I. I said BIG games. Meaning each year, ya know when they choke on the big stage. Or in the NC!

Your own Big 10 fan even said the embarrassment. They have killed the Big 10 because they have been the face of that conference and when it came down to it, could not run the table or get it done. There is a reason why the NC has gone to the same conference. Because of talent.

Will that change? Of course, but its not anytime soon.

I didn't even realize FSU was 1-5...wow. With the same utterly "embarassing" record of 1-2 in NC games. They should never be allowed to play again.

Sure are. Their domination was before the BCS. And how is that relevant? I never said they were a dominant team or in a dominant conference. NEVER ONCE. Im a fan. But I am also a realist that understands talent, not someone that chooses fandom or realism....

Want to live in the past, here is one for you. A decade in the top 4.

CAL for the win.

Really? UF plays Miami and FSU. THey cant all play the big time schools like Austin Peay.

Miami and FSU are down right now and are only big games because of reputation. Wisconsin did beat Miami in a bowl game last year. Austin Peay was scheduled because when the NCAA went to a 12 game regular season, the Badgers needed to fill the hole.

But at least the Badgers rolled Austin Peay and didn't lose to App State.

c'mon! in 06' the mighty buckeye gets smoked 41-14 by an SEC school. then the next year, gets beat 38-24 by, guess what? an SEC school. both of the SEC schools that made OSU look like a highschool team weren't undefeated. guess where their losses came from? other SEC schools.

I never said OSU or the Big Ten was dominant, I said they were respectable.

Miami and FSU are down right now and are only big games because of reputation. Wisconsin did beat Miami in a bowl game last year. Austin Peay was scheduled because when the NCAA went to a 12 game regular season, the Badgers needed to fill the hole.

But a Big 10 team did lose that game.

And while they are down as National Powerhouses, they are still competent teams.

Ok, lets take Austin Peay out of the discussion. UNLV and San Jose St? You want to compare them to FSU and Miami? Or USF?

c'mon! in 06' the mighty buckeye gets smoked 41-14 by an SEC school. then the next year, gets beat 38-24 by, guess what? an SEC school. both of the SEC schools that made OSU look like a highschool team weren't undefeated. guess where their losses came from? other SEC schools.

Dont use facts like that TC. That is crazy talk! hehe. The funny thing is, like me, you are not a SEC fan either. Just someone that understands that they are the best right now.

Shat. I thought he went to Michigan. My bad.

Charles Woodson is the only defensive back to ever win the Heisman.

haha, that was funny and you're correct about woodson, he was good. look, the big 10 was pretty solid in about the top 5 teams in the conference, and i do like big 10 football, it's old school, smash mouth football, but the SEC is just stacked. you run the table in that conference and you've beat some top talent football teams.

Felony State is very much on the way back.

And that App State team would have beaten a lot of "top" teams during their three year reign in fcs...especially big 10 teams....:p

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Dont use facts like that TC. That is crazy talk! hehe. The funny thing is, like me, you are not a SEC fan either. Just someone that understands that they are the best right now.

I understand they are the best also...but everyone trashes the Big Ten like they are high school teams.

And while they are down as National Powerhouses, they are still competent teams.

Ok, lets take Austin Peay out of the discussion. UNLV and San Jose St? You want to compare them to FSU and Miami? Or USF?

Names mean nothing. What were their records this year? Also, Florida is a much bigger name in college football. They get bigger names. Do you really think that Miami or Florida State are going to play Wisconsin in a home&home? They are too scared of the frigid 60 degree temperatures.

They compare nicely to South Florida, Miami (oh), and App State

The Badgers have begun to recruit on a more national level, are playing more of a pro style offense than teams in the south, and have a QB coming in next year that should set the Big Ten on fire. Unfortunately you're right about their non-conference schedule. That's a schedule set up well in advance by Barry Alvarez. I hope to hell Beilema wants to get that changed as soon as possible. I think it's one of the reasons he ran up the score in those couple games.

Even though I think they are as good as any team in the country, their schedule holds them back.

Kevin

Auburn Schedule

09/04/10 vs. Arkansas State Auburn, Ala. W, 52-26
09/09/10 at Mississippi State * Starkville, Miss. W, 17-14
09/18/10 vs. Clemson Auburn, Ala. W, 27-24 (OT)
09/25/10 vs. South Carolina * Auburn, Ala. W, 35-27
10/02/10 vs. Louisiana-Monroe Auburn, Ala. W, 52-3
10/09/10 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. W, 37-34
10/16/10 vs. Arkansas * Auburn, Ala. W, 65-43
10/23/10 vs. LSU * Auburn, Ala. W, 24-17
10/30/10 at Mississippi * Oxford, Miss. W, 51-31
11/06/10 vs. Chattanooga (HC) Auburn, Ala. W, 62-24
11/13/10 vs. Georgia * Auburn, Ala. W, 49-31
11/26/10 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. W, 28-27

Just sayin'.

Kevin

Does anybody think that TCU will beat WI?

I am a realist and I recognize that TCU has earned their spot. But I do believe that WI offensive line will push them around.

Names mean nothing. What were their records this year? Also, Florida is a much bigger name in college football. They get bigger names. Do you really think that Miami or Florida State are going to play Wisconsin in a home&home? They are too scared of the frigid 60 degree temperatures.

Miami plays tOSU in a home and home, albeit very early in the season.

Anyone remember the WI vs Miami game last year. It was 55 degrees at kick off and the miami team was huddled around the blow heaters.
It was amazing!

Does it even get cold in Ohio?

Thermostat shows 14 right now. So... yes.

I refuse to have some from TSUN talk smack about Ohio in a BT thread. :)

Anyone remember the WI vs Miami game last year. It was 55 degrees at kick off and the miami team was huddled around the blow heaters.
It was amazing!

Even the announcers were making fun of them.

Thermostat shows 14 right now. So... yes.

I refuse to have some from TSUN talk smack about Ohio in a BT thread. :)

14 sounds nice. I got -2. There are enough Canucks on this forum to put us both to shame.

I just ran through the SEC teams schedules. Turns out they like their cupcakes as much as the Big Ten. Other than FL, and a game or two, I noticed AL played PSU, it seems the SEC is not too keen on risking much in non-conference games.

That's why there should be a playoff. No school wants to go on the road and risk a loss against an above average team which then screws their BCS chances.

Kevin

14 sounds nice. I got -2. There are enough Canucks on this forum to put us both to shame.

OFF TOPIC:
Spoiler
Remember that I lived in Madison last year, and Cleveland still has worse winter weather! Lake effect snow is NASTY stuff.
Last week we got 12 inches in just under 6 hours. At rush hour. Downtown. 2-3 hours to travel 5 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back