Over/Under Duval+Weir+Daly for 2011

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another game of over/under. With news of Duval playing a full schedule, I thought this one will make for an interesting conversation.

David Duval + Mike Weir + John Daly

So here it is. Over/Under .5 Wins combined in 2011 and why?

Under,, they are all done and over... only one i though had a chance was Weir but Weir's caddie just dumped him for O"Hair so if his caddie doesn't think he's going to win why should I?

David Duval -- David has the capability to get it done and with a full schedule I can see him pulling out a win this year. It would be awesome for golf if he can get er done.

Mike Weir-- I watched an interview with Mike recently and he is anxious to get his game face back on. He has the grit mentally but does he still have the tools. -1 I like Mike but he will have to show me he's still got game. no wins for Mike

John Daly -- One win on Hooter's tour. Daly has some skills but does he have enough. I doubt it. no PGA tour wins for John.

phew! this is a tough one. i'm not the biggest weir or daly fan so i could care less if they ever win again, but i'd love to see DD get back in the winner's circle. that being said, i have to take the under. i don't think any of them can get it done, not w/the amount of young/in shape talent on the tour these days.

i'm not even sure i'd take weir in the over if he's was full time on the canadian tour at this point.

+1 , John Daly will win. Might be in a smaller tournament but I promise, he. will. win.

Does Daly even get to play. Exemptions only I would think. Does Weir have his card? I'm going to say under. If any of them have a chance, I guess it would be Duval, but he'd have to pull one out of nowhere like Johnny Miller did at Pebble. Maybe he could win the Hope.

Kevin

• Admin
Does Daly even get to play. Exemptions only I would think. Does Weir have his card? I'm going to say under. If any of them have a chance, I guess it would be Duval, but he'd have to pull one out of nowhere like Johnny Miller did at Pebble. Maybe he could win the Hope.

Kevin

Neither Weir or Daly have their card. However Daly did not even go to Q-School because he can still get close to 20 events based on exemptions I would guess. Weir will be the same way. Similar to Duval, they can play their way back into the 125.

As much as I'd like to see Duval win, I'm going to say UNDER. Though he finished strong at the 09 US Open, and was 1 shot from winning at Pebble Last year at the ATT, I think he can win again, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

Weir was saying his elbow is feeling better so he starting to get out of the bad habbits he got in to.

Daly is just a joke.

phew! this is a tough one. i'm not the biggest weir or daly fan so i could care less if they ever win again, but i'd love to see DD get back in the winner's circle. that being said, i have to take the under. i don't think any of them can get it done, not w/the amount of young/in shape talent on the tour these days.

i'm not even sure i'd take weir in the over if he's was full time on the canadian tour at this point.
My thoughts exactly here. David Duval is still one of my top 2 or 3 players I like to follow but since his epic slump I've picked up new favs along the way. I'd love to see him do something similar to what he almost did last year at the AT&T where it took a 72nd hole birdie from Dustin Johnson to beat him. Or what about the 2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage where he was right there until the 17th hole in the final round. As much as I'd like to see it happen he hasn't shown enough consistency to get on a roll and build momentum and ultimately break though, he will not win and either will those other 2 bums you mention.

DAly can't make a cut and lives on sponsor exemptions which may get him 12 starts. Weir has a medical for 5 tournaments and needs to make 200k in thos 5 to keep his card(hence the caddie leaving). Duval haa played much better since leaving Nike. if someone is going to win it's Duval and maybe Weir. Daly will be lucky to make 5 cuts.

DAly can't make a cut and lives on sponsor exemptions which may get him 12 starts. Weir has a medical for 5 tournaments and needs to make 200k in thos 5 to keep his card(hence the caddie leaving). Duval haa played much better since leaving Nike. if someone is going to win it's Duval and maybe Weir. Daly will be lucky to make 5 cuts.

While I agree on the under, Daly does make cuts. I cant stand the guy, but like this year he will get his 20 starts. He made 14 cuts out of 20.

2010 20 14 -- -- -- -- 1 573 $158,587 97 194th

Gimme the UNDER. Neither Duval nor Daly will sniff the winner's circle. Weir, depending on recovery MIGHT get him a couple top 5's.

While I agree on the under, Daly does make cuts. I cant stand the guy, but like this year he will get his 20 starts. He made 14 cuts out of 20.

2010 20 14 -- -- -- -- 1 573 $158,587 97 194th
Daly made 14 of 20 cuts and still only brought in $158 grand...wow, that is an awful stat for him!

Under, best that can be hoped for is for Duval and Weir to keep their cards, top 50 would be great. As for Daly, time is slipping away. Only a total change of attitude could help him keep his card.

Im going to say under. I just dont think any of those 3 can get it done anymore. Just to much talent out there right now. I would really be shocked if they won, Daly might at a smaller event. Just hard to chose them to win, especially with the players out there.

Daly no wins but gets his card. Weir wins and gets his card back. Duval no wins but retains card.

What does everybody think the over/under is on Canadians picking Mike Weir to get a win this year in this thread? :act-up:

What does everybody think the over/under is on Canadians picking Mike Weir to get a win this year in this thread? :act-up:

lmao, that's the way it always goes. i feel bad for our canadian friends. their best golfer is stephen ames, a guy who may have a worse grill than lee westwood.

We're Canadians dammit! With so few #s on Tour we have to stick together.

I didnt pick him because he was Canadian, I picked him because I think he could have a pretty good year coming off of injury. Similar to Lukey D had, without all of the top 5s.

there seems to be a semi-resurgence of guys when they realize that they have to put in more work to get it done again and cant rely on talent alone. IE Kenny Perry, Vijay

i suppose he could resurge, but i think the pressure that he'll be under may add a little extra weight. it'll be interesting to follow these three golfers this year, that's for sure.

I guess I see Mike Weir a little different. He has not won since 2007. He won once in 07 and then before that had not won since 2004. He had a nice run at the beginning of 2003 including the Major win, but we are talking a LONG time since he has been relevant.

I don't see any of these guys winning, but if I had to choose one, it would be Duval. That said, I will say under.

Edit... Oh yeah my prediction. Under

I could see a David Duval win. I cheer for the bigger guys cause I can relate. Stupid yeah but it's what it is I guess.

I think Duval still has the skills to do it. As long as he puts the time in I see no reason why he can't get a win.

Daly is a tough call for me. Sometimes I see a glimpse but the mental toughness isn't there right now. I'm not sure I ever see it returning. Seems like he has a lot of yes men in his corner rather than what he needs. I don't care for the dude personally because I don't know him and I think my reasons for indentifying are kinda lame lol.

Weir, not sure. Don't really follow him or know enough about him to say. But Ill root for most Canadians. Just as long as they don't call it bacon.

Back