Sligo Gets Ripped Off?

Hmmm, I may not have the business expererince to qualify this opinion, but those shirts are pretty much the exact same thing. Obviously not as similar as an R9 and an R9 SuperTri, but pretty similar nonetheless. We aren't talking a Kmart knockoff here, either. This is a well established brand copying a pretty bold and unique design.

That's part of my other problem... I've been to their website, I didn't see any other 'more agressive' style shirts. Everything I saw I would classify in a more 'traditional' 'classic' style. The shirt in question seems to come out of nowhere...

Has anyone heard back from Glenmuir in response to their email sent yesterday?

nope, doubt i will either.

That too bad. Looks like we won't get any real "closure" on this. Which is really to bad. I (and I'm sure everyone else who has seen this thread) would like to know how this actually happened and what, if anything is going to be done about it. I sure hope Sligo can come out on top here.

That too bad. Looks like we won't get any real "closure" on this. Which is really to bad. I (and I'm sure everyone else who has seen this thread) would like to know how this actually happened and what, if anything is going to be done about it. I sure hope Sligo can come out on top here.

I wouldnt say that. They will be at the PGA Show we believe.

Taking the fight to the streets JB?? Hehe, I kid. I'm obviously pulling for Sligo here and would love to see this resolved correctly for them.

That's one interview I want to hear. Hopefully it's on video too. I smell a YouTube classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SLIGO McKenna O'Brien would make a sweet THP shirt and would go great with those awesome THP Track Jackets...

You buying them all for us? :alien:

I would donate a few $$ if it meant sticking it to the bad guys... Seriously...
And I bet I can arrange a bulk discount...

I was kidding, the Sligo guys are very kind to THP.

Haha I know... I'd just love to hear TC's comments on what happened at the show when he walked by their booth in that shirt... Maybe I'll get TC one, I know he wouldn't mind! :cyclops:

Haha I know... I'd just love to hear TC's comments on what happened at the show when he walked by their booth in that shirt... Maybe I'll get TC one, I know he wouldn't mind! :cyclops:

TC won't be in attendance CB! if i was, i'd be sure to egg their booth though.

I think everyone from THP going to PGA Show should wear that same Sligo shirt first thing Thursday morning and everyone visit their booth all at the same time! :laughing:

Maybe we should go together, egging alone isn't as fun... we can prob grab MD177 too, I'm sure he'll be in... we'll need a look out for security...

well, i won't be there. are you going?

Can there be some sort of copyright infringement on the design? Not sure how the fashion industry works and I'm just wondering if Sligo copyrighted some of their designs.
Maybe this got missed, so I am throwing it out there again.

Maybe this got missed, so I am throwing it out there again.

Not really without logo infringement. A company could copyright a design. No question about it, but it would be very hard to do for a smaller niche boutique company such as this.

Not really without logo infringement. A company could copyright a design. No question about it, but it would be very hard to do for a smaller niche boutique company such as this.
Gotcha. I know it's not as difficult to do in the architecture business, I just did not know how it worked in the fashion.apparel industry.

Would pay for someone to get video like those "in your face" news programs putting Glenmuir in an awkward and uncomfortable position...on the spot!

Gotcha. I know it's not as difficult to do in the architecture business, I just did not know how it worked in the fashion.apparel industry.

Would pay for someone to get video like those "in your face" news programs putting Glenmuir in an awkward and uncomfortable position...on the spot!

How much? :act-up:

I'd imagine that it's hard to go after people for this kind of infringement. Ever walk through Target and think, "Hey, I've seen that exact same design at Macy's (Stride Rite, Coach, Uggs)?". Target copies everything but doesn't get sued (or rarely). I've often wondered about this too - can't you sue for that and why don't they? Probably need to have a legal team that first registers the logo/design and then could sue (as in the timing has to be right - you have to have the right first, and then sue once infringed). Doesn't make sense tho as to why Cleveland wouldn't be going after SC. I'm sure their legal team had the Gambler registered, right?

XL please....
The SLIGO McKenna O'Brien would make a sweet THP shirt and would go great with those awesome THP Track Jackets...

Back