PGA Tour Sponsor Rumors

My guess would be Poulter is leaving Cobra?

===== QUOTE thedue ====

Duval is Perky?

===== /QUOTE ====

Of course not....He is jerky! :act-up:

Ha, sounds like a smurf.

I mean really, I bet lots of new customers are made watching him move around the course.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Jason Bohn just signed with Hollas. He and Saboweenie can be twins now. HA.

Jason Bohn just signed with Hollas. He and Saboweenie can be twins now. HA.

that dude looked ridiculous at the Shark Shootout. I can't believe Taylormade even makes a hat like that. I don't even know who Jason Bohn is, lol.

The only time I have seen Immelmen the last few years is when Golf Channel plays Master's highlights.

The only time I have seen Immelmen the last few years is when Golf Channel plays Master's highlights.

exactly! completely irrelevant signing imo.

Did Nike give him the boot. Or did Callaway give him more money?

Did Nike give him the boot. Or did Callaway give him more money?

Neither really. His contract was up and I am sure a few companies took a look at him.

Neither really. His contract was up and I am sure a few companies took a look at him.

not sure why either. is he even considered one of the top 10 South African golfers right now? man, losing gmac and gaining immelman has to sting Callaway right now.

I am sure it does, but they arent just getting him for tournament success. Most golf fans know who Immelman is, so they just want him seen in Callaway gear.

I am sure it does, but they arent just getting him for tournament success. Most golf fans know who Immelman is, so they just want him seen in Callaway gear.

yeah, but they also endorse players so that their name is out there when that player is in contention.

yeah, but they also endorse players so that their name is out there when that player is in contention.

of course! but, thats not the only reason to endorse a player. Justin Timberlake has golf endorsements and I havent seen him even finish in the top 125

of course! but, thats not the only reason to endorse a player. Justin Timberlake has golf endorsements and I havent seen him even finish in the top 125

comparing justin timberlake to trevor immelman is odd. timberlake is far more universally recognized. immelman won the masters, there's been plenty of guys who have won one major then vanished, sean micheel comes to mind. i just find it to be an odd move. immelman's been irrelevant since he won the masters.

comparing justin timberlake to trevor immelman is odd. timberlake is far more universally recognized. immelman won the masters, there's been plenty of guys who have won one major then vanished, sean micheel comes to mind. i just find it to be an odd move. immelman's been irrelevant since he won the masters.

ok.....but I know who he is, dont really know who micheel is(I do, but he is not as relevant as immelman)

I just think Immelman is a name many have heard of and thats why he is getting signed. sorry I could not think of that PERFECT example for your liking other than Timberlake. Your missing the point though.

ok.....but I know who he is, dont really know who micheel is(I do, but he is not as relevant as immelman)

I just think Immelman is a name many have heard of and thats why he is getting signed. sorry I could not think of that PERFECT example for your liking other than Timberlake. Your missing the point though.

no, i get your point. immelman is more of a household name. i get why callaway would sign him based on his name, but c'mon, when's the last time you saw him play golf? has he even played in the last 2 years? imo, it'd be like signing a micheel, or a ben curtis, or a todd hamilton, or a michael campbell (which i believe is sponsored by callaway). all guys who won a major, got some TV time, then all but vanished.

no, i get your point. immelman is more of a household name. i get why callaway would sign him based on his name, but c'mon, when's the last time you saw him play golf? has he even played in the last 2 years? imo, it'd be like signing a micheel, or a ben curtis, or a todd hamilton, or a michael campbell (which i believe is sponsored by callaway). all guys who won a major, got some TV time, then all but vanished.

all guys that most people do not have a flippin clue who the hell they are. I bet if you did a poll of which one of these is a professional golfer...most people who know a little about golf would know Immelman. Its as simple as that. and that might be what Callaway is looking at.

I cant answer why Callaway woudl, and I know you see where I am cming from, I am just trying to make sense of it. Hell, maybe Callaway just started losing all their big names and just freaked out to sign a name. I dont knwo

Immelman has been featured in a lot of Nike's advertising for The Oven over the past year. Looks like we'll be in for a fresh round of ads from Nike.

It seems that equipment doesn't really matter to the pros. Furyk wins the FedEx cup and the "next day" leaves Srixon. McDowell has a great year and leaves Callaway, etc.

If equipment was THAT important they would stay with what works. Obviously they can pretty much hit anything so equipment isn't all that important to them.

It seems that equipment doesn't really matter to the pros. Furyk wins the FedEx cup and the "next day" leaves Srixon. McDowell has a great year and leaves Callaway, etc.

If equipment was THAT important they would stay with what works. Obviously they can pretty much hit anything so equipment isn't all that important to them.

Im not sure I agree with that at all. Furyk has NOTHING in his bag changing from last year. McDowell is going back to playing a brand he was comfortable enough in college playing.

Back