The one on the left is in secondary fermentation - Its a British ESB - or extra special bitter - its extra malty and hoppy - sorta sweet and one of my favs!
The one on the right is in primary fermentation - Its called "the Innnkeeper". Stronger gravity (meaning its higher alcohol) with strong malty and caramel notes- its creamier too with a nice foamy head

I hate waiting! - about 4 weeks left to fruition.

Did you get some extra fermentation happen in the secondary? It looks like some yeast got working again.

Have you tried to keep one batch in the primary for 3-4 weeks? I have started doing that and my beers have actually tasted better than previous batches when I would secondary. The beer clears out really well too and frees up another carboy. Just a thought.

I just purchased a 5 cubic chest freezer. I plan on converting it over the Christmas break. I want to brew something over the break too.

There are a good amount of Youtube videos that show different types of chest conversions. Do you plan to use a collar or a tap tower?

To add to cg13, good luck and don't get to overwhelmed, the odds are in your favor that it will come out better than you think. Just remember that sanitizing is key.

There are a good amount of Youtube videos that show different types of chest conversions. Do you plan to use a collar or a tap tower?

To add to cg13, good luck and don't get to overwhelmed, the odds are in your favor that it will come out better than you think. Just remember that sanitizing is key.

I am doing a collar. Thanks for the help guys. I think it will go well. I will post with an update soon.

Have you tried to keep one batch in the primary for 3-4 weeks?.
I dont usually leave the beer in the primary for longer than 2 weeks - i dont like leaving it on the lees for too long. I heard the yeast that dies and clumps on the bottom can expel off-flavor compounds - so i usually just rack off to a secondary for 2-4 weeks.

Did you get some extra fermentation happen in the secondary?
Those clumps were accidentally sucked up the racking cane when i was transferring from the primary- i dipped a little too low! i saw it when i was done - i figured id get it when i went to bottle.

How long have you been brewing? Have a favorite brew?

And i second the sanitation aspect - im sure everyone has their favorite methods - but i love the star san or iodine based santizers - i also keep a spray bottle with a bleach solution - i hit every surface with the bleach in my kitchen - then santize all the equipment - prob overboard but im borderline ADD and OCD all rolled into one haha.

I have been brewing since jan. 2008. I did about ten kits and have been brewing all grain since. IPAs are my favorite, but I brew different styles everytime.

I think starsan is great and really easy to use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yea im an all grain guy too - i do do extracts still - but i prefer all grain - it just feels better to use grains and start from absolute scratch.

i know most of you guys are still at work but ive just (3 hours ago) cracked open some carling as my football team Everton are on the tv

I can't wait to get back to the Sam Adams winter box. I know it's not real exotic but I had the chocolate beer yesterday. Pretty good!

Goose Island- Mild Winter ale

If you haven't tried it I would put it on your list. It is a Rye beer, with a nutty/Carmel spice. After taste is a little on the sweet side and the rye adds a really unique characteristic to the flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight I will have anywhere from 4-12 Miller Lites, depending on whether I get tired and/or chicken out. Cans for quicker consumption :)

Tonight I will have anywhere from 4-12 Miller Lites, depending on whether I get tired and/or chicken out. Cans for quicker consumption :)

im a can guy with miller lite too - colder and quicker!

Put a dent in the back to help with the chugging!

Goose Island- Mild Winter ale

If you haven't tried it I would put it on your list. It is a Rye beer, with a nutty/Carmel spice. After taste is a little on the sweet side and the rye adds a really unique characteristic to the flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill have to check that out GUS! sounds great, goose island has good beer

In seriousness, I do appreciate a fine brew from time to time. I think it's pretty cool that some of you are brewing. I don't really have the time for it, but maybe when I hit my mid-life crisis.

For the most part, I stick with the domestics. I will literally drink anything that has the word beer on the can. We have a ultra cheap brand here called "Beer Lite" lol. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure I will some day.

Nice. Glad to hear you gonna drink some beers tonight.

I attended a pub crawl on Saturday call "The Running of the Santas".

Between 3pm and 1am I think Mighta consumed more than a case. plus a coupla car bombs.

In seriousness, I do appreciate a fine brew from time to time. I think it's pretty cool that some of you are brewing. I don't really have the time for it, but maybe when I hit my mid-life crisis.

For the most part, I stick with the domestics. I will literally drink anything that has the word beer on the can. We have a ultra cheap brand here called "Beer Lite" lol. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure I will some day.

I'll be out in your neck of the woods in a couple days, Bush light here I come.

Nice. Glad to hear you gonna drink some beers tonight.

I attended a pub crawl on Saturday call "The Running of the Santas".

Between 3pm and 1am I think Mighta consumed more than a case. plus a coupla car bombs.

Wooot! We might have to move this to the "Who likes to party" thread lol. Yummmm, car bombs.....

I'll be out in your neck of the woods in a couple days, Bush light here I come.

You stopping by OEM? If so, I will buy a case a Natty Lite and let you take a couple swigs off my new bottle of Jameson.

Wooot! We might have to move this to the "Who likes to party" thread lol. Yummmm, car bombs.....

I do like to party. As do you. I also did so in Santa garb!

What is the occasion for your consumption this evening?

You stopping by OEM? If so, I will buy a case a Natty Lite and let you take a couple swigs off my new bottle of Jameson.

Depends, whos family is crazier, the gf's or yours? And then whos drinks are stronger? lol

We have no family here, but I could put up a good fight against anybody for craziest person and strongest drinks!

We have no family here, but I could put up a good fight against anybody for craziest person and strongest drinks!

:drinks: Time with the "inlaws" requires drinks.

Just experienced that this weekend :act-up:

I'm sure you all will be busy-busy, but you are welcome to stop by if you want. I'm about 10 minutes from the airport. We have some rotten weather on the way from what I've read.

Now, back on topic. I like beer.

Back