Nike ONE Golf Balls- Best Value in Golf?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Right now, Nike ONE Tours can be fetched for less than 30 bucks a dozen. Now, I have played a couple of Nike Platinum's, and loved them to death. Are these similar in performance, because if they are, this is a heck of a price.

I love these golf balls. They feel great off the putter and irons. They also have a great feel around the green. I love them off the putter as well. Not much bad I can say aboutthem really. I like these over the one tour d's. Much softer of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say maybe 2nd to the Gamer V2's just based on price alone, but as I play both balls, the One Tours are just solid all the way around and for a good price (Got 3 dozen for 70 a month ago, just got to my 2nd dozen) they are hard to beat IMO.

One Tours and One Tour D's for <$30 are unbelievable. The tours are so workable and you can load them with spin, they're just fun to play with.

They are good balls.

Bridgestones 330RX are below $30 as well at PGA SS.

One Tours are some of my favorite golf balls, especially considering the price on them now. They are not the longest urethane ball out there but you would be hard pressed to find a better ball with your scoring clubs. I have gotten some pretty funny comments when paired with high handicappers when they see a pitch skip and slam on the brakes. The One Tour Ds are nice too but I prefer the feel and spin of the One Tours. 2010 :bridgestone: B330 and B330s are going for a decent price right now too.

I guess to me the answer would be maybe. It really depends though.

I am a big believer in ball fitting and finding the right ball for the right person. If this is the right ball for someone and it happens to be on sale, then sure. But if someone struggles off the tee with too much side spin, or cannot compress these fully, then they are just wasting money in some ways.

are these the balls that were just blind tested on the forums?

TM Burner Tour 2011 - just saw em on the PGA SS

also - JB how fast a swingspeed do you think you need to compress a ball like this? ive always wondered how much compression im getting.

Did you find these difficult to compress? I have a decent SS, so that shouldnt be a problem. Side spin might be, though.

The thing is, JB, ballfitting isn't really an option for me, and If I know I play well with ball A, want to buy ball B, and know that A~B, then It should work.

Does Golftec do ball fitting?
I guess to me the answer would be maybe. It really depends though.

I am a big believer in ball fitting and finding the right ball for the right person. If this is the right ball for someone and it happens to be on sale, then sure. But if someone struggles off the tee with too much side spin, or cannot compress these fully, then they are just wasting money in some ways.

are these the balls that were just blind tested on the forums?

TM Burner Tour 2011 - just saw em on the PGA SS

also - JB how fast a swingspeed do you think you need to compress a ball like this? ive always wondered how much compression im getting.

I really dont understand what you are asking? The thread is about Nike golf balls, are you asking how fast you need to compress the Nike One?

If you need to know how easy it is to compress the burner tours, your answer is VERY.

I think it was as easy to compress as the Noodle easy distance for me (Which I swing WAY too fast for, I found out)

I really dont understand what you are asking? The thread is about Nike golf balls, are you asking how fast you need to compress the Nike One?

sorry i had two questions. i opened the website for PGA SS - and saw those golf balls - the TM Burner TOUR 2011 - and was asking if those were the balls that were blind-tested herel; and already available. sorry for the confusion. i shouldnt have asked that here.

And my 2nd question: was how fast a SS do you think you need to compress the NIKE ONE TOUR balls? I always wondered how much compression i was getting. Thanks guys.

Aggro,

According to the Nike website these balls are designed for 90+ mph swing speeds. The compression rating is 88 but keep in mind it really doesnt mean as much as what the ball is made of and designed to do.

I probably should have added more to my first post.

They are pretty good in the forgiveness department for me. Even on mishits. Eyeballing ball flight (lol very unscientific and not very accurate) I got the sense they performed like most tour level balls. My bad shots were still bad shots and nothing to do with the ball. For me they were longer than the Tour D's and I'd be interested to put them up against the B330S and B330-RX just to see what the distance comparison is like.

I will say, at first I found these balls very hard to hit. It took me a sleeve to get used to them. I don't know if they got into my head but once I got over that I really took to these balls. Like JB said, there is nothing like getting fit for a ball. If you aren't keen on Bridgestone there are some online fittings out there, they just take some searching. Some require payment (which I don't do) and some don't.

Any free fitting website you would reccommend?
I am not a huge BStone fan, so Bfit isnt my thing.
Aggro,

According to the Nike website these balls are designed for 90+ mph swing speeds. The compression rating is 88 but keep in mind it really doesnt mean as much as what the ball is made of and designed to do.

I probably should have added more to my first post.

They are pretty good in the forgiveness department for me. Even on mishits. Eyeballing ball flight (lol very unscientific and not very accurate) I got the sense they performed like most tour level balls. My bad shots were still bad shots and nothing to do with the ball. For me they were longer than the Tour D's and I'd be interested to put them up against the B330S and B330-RX just to see what the distance comparison is like.

I will say, at first I found these balls very hard to hit. It took me a sleeve to get used to them. I don't know if they got into my head but once I got over that I really took to these balls. Like JB said, there is nothing like getting fit for a ball. If you aren't keen on Bridgestone there are some online fittings out there, they just take some searching. Some require payment (which I don't do) and some don't.

Most "tour level" balls need atleast a 105 MPH SS to compress, and some even 110+ I believe,

Most "tour level" balls need atleast a 105 MPH SS to compress, and some even 110+ I believe,

Im not really sure I agree with that. Srixon Z-Star and B330-RX are two that immediately come to mind that do not need that much SS.

It seems like a lot of balls are starting to cater to the moderate swing speeds too. The One Tour D's are for the higher swing speeds where the One Tours fall just below.

Edit: JB is 10x faster than I am... lol

Im not really sure I agree with that. Srixon Z-Star and B330-RX are two that immediately come to mind that do not need that much SS.

True...I said most though. The RX is designed for amateurs also. They are all different though and me generalizing wasn't accurate.

It seems like a lot of balls are starting to cater to the moderate swing speeds too. The One Tour D's are for the higher swing speeds where the One Tours fall just below.

Edit: JB is 10x faster than I am... lol

This is also a very good point.

True...I said most though. The RX is designed for amateurs also. They are all different though and me generalizing wasn't accurate.

Here is a list of balls that according to their specs can be compressed with less than the numbers put out there. (this is just off the top of my head)

Nike One Tour
Srixon Z-Star
Bridgestone B330-RX
Bridgestone B330-RXS
Titleist ProV1
Taylormade TP Black (discontinued)

I believe every brand has a ball that THEY say can be compressed by less than that SS. I think in recent years (since Bridgestone developed the RX), companies have made the push for 2 tour level balls depending on different swing characteristics.

Really good ball, my dad stocked up on these last x-mas, and I stocked up on the tour d's. We would have done the same this year however the z-star and z-star x are going for 2 for $55 so we went with the Srixons this year :clap:

The ONE Vapor is IMO easier for the amateur to get to the core than the Tour and Tour D. Won't be as soft, but honestly I can't tell much difference between them and the RXS and I interchange them constantly without having to worry about the difference.

Or you can just to a PGA SS or GG and get fit live to the ball that fits you.

Back