JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I see that term used a lot by THP members. Does anybody else kind of chuckle when they read it? I mean with THP Demo Day coming up, the PGA Show coverage coming up, etc...does anybody think their bag is truly set? :bulgy-eyes:

For today.

Tomorrow is a different story.

Moreso for certain forum members!

Bag is in constant motion for me.

heck no!

As long as I'm on this site my bag will never be set.

Yep.... Mine is set until tomorrow :D.. if I didn't change a few things around multiple times a week, my bag would throw me away.

I normally add the words "for now" along with that statement.

Haha... interesting timing on this. I just got a 56* Niblick to "complete" my bag. There's nothing else I could want to change. Oh, except a TEE 7 wood. And every putter SeeMore makes. I can't be stopped. :silly:

Unfortunately for me, my bag is set for awhile (unless of course, I hit the lotto or get a bunch of golfsmith giftcards).

I think that mine is more or less set - mostly due to funds.
I have given myself until mid next season to learn how to use my 4/5 irons, and then if I can't use them (based on the reviews here) I'll go test out the Mashie and maybe pick one of those up.

Mine was set until I went into the garage a few minutes ago and switched out a F/W. Even I have to admit being guilty of this statement. I believe anyone on this site who finds another stick they beleive will give them more yardage or control will opt for it. The reviews you guys do on here and the equipment you introduced make it almost impossible to play the same bag all year long. I try to resist but I cant. We probably need a resident therapist for us Club Hoe's.

When I start working in May my bag won't be set!

I see that term used a lot by THP members. Does anybody else kind of chuckle when they read it? I mean with THP Demo Day coming up, the PGA Show coverage coming up, etc...does anybody think their bag is truly set? :bulgy-eyes:

im trying to heed your advice and not buy another club until AFTER demo day - but its killing me reading all these reviews. I need help

I don't know that many golfers can honestly say the bag is ever set. It seems that even when I'm playing my best, there's always that yearning for an extra 10 yards on my drive or a putter than can drop one or two more a round. My current ponderings have led me to the Z Star driver (thanks to the recent driver testing) and for a new cart bag. I'm happy with my putter, but that's only because I haven't been able to play in a few weeks and therefore haven't missed any 3 footers for par. I think that's just golf and life in general for most people - the pursuit of bigger and better stuff.

haha, interesting thread. you and i both know that my bag is set, but it doesn't stop me from "wishing/wanting" for other things. i am truly happy with every club in my bag right now, but the mashie cometh!!! dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

Yea right?! As of this moment.

I don't think my bag will ever be set...I love to tinker. In fact, I keep changing my bag too, so changing what's inside only makes sense! :)

Bag is in a constant state of flux

I feel like I'm sooo close right now, but it's like chasing the dragon. You just can't ever get there.

I'm always swapping out wedges depending on where I'm playing so my bag is only SET for a round or two. Not to mention I'll drop a FW out for a hybrid......so I guess mine is never really SET!

My wife calls my golf bag a moving target, and sometimes a revolving door........I explain it this way - I have 2 hobbies....golf and golf EQUIPMENT!

The guys at the golf course keep telling me I'm turning into my husband because I keep buying clubs or thinking about new clubs I want!

My bag is far from set. My driver is set for a couple of years. I'm content with my wedges but I would like to upgrade a couple of them. I really want new irons. I feel like they, or more specifically the shafts, are holding me back. I would like to upgrade the FW too but that's not the top priority. I decided today that I am going to put $25/payday aside and by next fall I will have enough to buy whatever irons I want after considering trade-in values of a couple of sets I have. It disappoints me that I'll have to go through another summer with irons I don't feel fit me. Actually, speaking of the "bag" being set, I really want a new Titleist 14-way stand bag. And a new Cliggear push cart.

Long story short: No, my bag is not even close to set.:hungry:

My priority list:
1. Irons
2. Wedge
3. FW
4. Bag
5. Push cart

Bag is only set for the moment. Too many new technologies and reviews on THP for the bag to be set for an extended time. Plus it all comes down to what feels good at the time. Also look at tour pros, how many putters do some of these guys go through. Just think about Tiger, Vijay etc. We are all looking for that elusive ah hah moment. We feel something gives it to us for the time being so we go with it until the next piece of equipment does it for us.

Back