Total Lunar Eclipse tonight!

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
Tonight is kinda special - one of my older hobbies has been astronomy. Tonight at midnight is the winter solstice. The moon is full and at its highest point in the night sky. And the sun will hide behind the earth at 1:38 am - with totality at 2:26am. It will be viewable till about 3 am - but best around 2;30am.

If you are in north america - you should be good to go- these are times for EST. and hopefully it isnt cloudy like it is here.

I set up my telescope today hoping and praying i could take some pictures tonight. If you have ever seen a total lunar eclipse the moon willl turn from white to like a reddish copper color. Pretty cool looking!

It's gonna be awesome!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

It's too darn cloudy up here!
There's also supposed to be a meteor shower that's supposed to peak with the climax of the eclipse which would be something to see!

So far it's not looking like the clouds are going to clear out in AZ.

So far it's not looking like the clouds are going to clear out in AZ.

+1 here in So. Cal. So sad we'll be missing it completely. So much RAIN!... I know I should be grateful. On the up side, we have sold a few Drizzle sticks in the store.

Looking good here in CFLa. Gonna stay up for this.

They need to have Lunar eclipses during the day, when I'm awake. hehehe

Should be a pretty sweet view from the clear FL skies!

Dang I Rly wish I was in Florida- were getting ice snow sleet- I can see the moon through cloud cover it's so bright!

What time are they calling for it?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I am bummed, too cloudy here.:sad:

Here ya go duey:

Tonight is kinda special - one of my older hobbies has been astronomy. Tonight at midnight is the winter solstice. The moon is full and at its highest point in the night sky. And the sun will hide behind the earth at 1:38 am - with totality at 2:26am. It will be viewable till about 3 am - but best around 2;30am.

If you are in north america - you should be good to go- these are times for EST. and hopefully it isnt cloudy like it is here.

Palmdale - where there are 355 days of clear skies per year.

Somehow, the last three days have been non-stop rain... WTF, we're in the freaking desert?

Enjoy the view to those who can see it!

===== QUOTE thedue ====

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

Here ya go duey:

===== QUOTE ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Thanks Smally!

Hell, it may be after midnight by the end of this 9 ball match, but I can see something that hasn't happened in over 400 years.

You stayin up Smally?

Hell, it may be after midnight by the end of this 9 ball match, but I can see something that hasn't happened in over 400 years.

You stayin up Smally?

Nope, too late for me. I'd rather be sleeping! haha

Rained all day. Hope the sky clears up! Should be pretty cool.

Ok it's clear as can be over here now.
I am so tempted to stay up!
Except... 6AM wake up is a bit of a pain...

If I could somehow see through the pollution in Mexico City I would be all over this

Damn!
I wish I had a backdoor for you guys, but we students don't get any special treatment.

It's pretty sweet, red/orange is starting to creep into it. Half way covered right now. Would show a picture but my phone sucks from that far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back