THP Radio - Never Compromise Gambler & Mt Rushmore of Putter Makers

You guys are on my list. Both bagging a Gambler and talking about it :p

Sean mentions on this show as well as his site how these are forged before milling. How about the SC Casanova's? Also, do any of you who have tried this putter feel like the forging made a difference? (I hope no one attempts to compare this to the wedge argument, lol)

You guys are on my list. Both bagging a Gambler and talking about it :p
+1
I want a gambler so bad I CAN TASTE IT! Well maybe that is my coffee, but still. I believe the one I want is the "flush" the heel shafted one... so nice.

Sean mentions on this show as well as his site how these are forged before milling. How about the SC Casanova's? Also, do any of you who have tried this putter feel like the forging made a difference? (I hope no one attempts to compare this to the wedge argument, lol)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! Regarding the forging, I love the feel of the Gambler putters, I think they find a pitch-perfect balance between firm and soft, with nice resonant feedback, and a deliciously plump sweet spot. How much of that be attributed to the forging? Hard to say for sure, but consider me a believer.

I want that gambler mallet sooo bad.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! Regarding the forging, I love the feel of the Gambler putters, I think they find a pitch-perfect balance between firm and soft, with nice resonant feedback, and a deliciously plump sweet spot. How much of that be attributed to the forging? Hard to say for sure, but consider me a believer.

Thanks for the reply Sean. I tried to ask this on your site, but couldn't get it posted. Nice interview by the way. I look forward to hearing everyones thoughts as these start hitting the market, they are a bit out of my league.

Can you tell me if the SC are forged as well?

They want you to think they are milled all from billets (GSS and some SS ones 2 per block are ) but they also use forged ingots to reduce "wasted" metal. Bettinardi and T.P. Mills also use forged ingots for some models.

However, some will argue to the death some SC models were cast (even Tiger's gamer) and then skim milled.

Thanks for the info jd. The fabricating process interests me as much as the final product, to a degree.

I want that gambler mallet sooo bad.

That is the one I am playing with right now. I enjoyed talking about that one on the radio show. My co-host is playing a different model.

i listened to this yesterday and wondered, "why aren't these guys hosting "Morning Drive" on Golf Channel?" Nice work guys!

i listened to this yesterday and wondered, "why aren't these guys hosting "Morning Drive" on Golf Channel?" Nice work guys!

Thanks for the kind words. I will leave that to the new hosts. Glad you enjoyed it.

Back