Favorite Course You Played in 2010

I got to play a good number (for me at least) of new courses this year. I will concur with my cohorts above and say that Old Union in Blairsville, GA was my absolute favorite, with Sarasota National coming in second.

Even better than the new courses was the awesome experience of playing five rounds with my new THP family.

PGA National will be hard to beat for me. Played all four courses. My favorite of them would have to be Palmer. It was a beautiful course, and well laid out IMO. Champion was definitely nice, but a real hard course. My favorite in my area that I played this year would be Cardiff Golf and Country Club. Played there a couple times and it kicked my butt both times, but it's a real nice course.

Man, I have a lot of good courses. I am extremely lucky seeing that I have only been playing 1 year and 5 months.

Old Union
PGA National (I am including all three courses that I played)
Sarasota National
TPC Prestancia (even though the greens were way to slow)
Arrowhead Point

I am gonna go with Horse Creek. It is a muni about 40 miles from my house. Beautiful course, very challenging. The best part is, it only costs about 30-40 bucks.

I will go with Butterscotch Creek, because it was the first time I met any THPers.

Sarasota National is a great course and where the original bromance all started. PGA National was a great course too, both of them. Much better then anything Ive played around me.

Played here just before moving from the Netherlands- easily the best of the year. Shot a 97!

Kennemer Golf & Country club

http://www.kennemergolf.nl/Home.html

Kenemmer.jpg

My favorite was The Home Course in Dupont, Wa. It was really fun, challenging, yet you could still score well. Chambers Bay was nice too but it seemed like a little brother of Bandon. They will have their hands full getting that course ready for the 2015 US Open. I'm sure they'll pull it off though

PGA West Greg Norman course. Played on our travel day for our sales meeting with some great friends / co-workers. We also played both courses at La Quinta (Dunes and Mountain), but Norman's course was just my favorite!!

Wow...that's a tough one...it has to be a tie between ...

1. The Champions course at PGA National

and...

2. The Great White course at Doral

golf_sapphire.jpg

My two favorite courses were with Spank and Osahar. Thanks for the invites.

Ritz Carlton Orlando, the weather was not the best. The course handled the tough conditions well but my game did not. The greens were in amazing shape considering the amount of rain. They rolled very true. It was a shame darkness cut our round short.

Some key features, animals and plants were protected by the Audobon society. Spank said, the on course bathrooms were primo. Titleist Pro V1's and Pentas were found in the woods. The Ritz logo is impressed in one of the bunkers. The front nine seemed pretty easy but the back nine was brutal. It has a fantastic layout. I enjoyed the experience.

Royal St. Cloud, it is a links style course with huge pot bunkers, authentic British tele to order food, and stone bridges made for another favorite this year.

I'd have to say my favorite course that I played in 2010 has to be TPC Stonebrae in Hayward, CA. It's a David Kidd course (of Bandon Dunes fame), and it's a great test of golf with spectacular views of the Bay.

IMG_0648-1.jpg

I also played TPC Harding Park the day (heck I was first off that morning!) it opened back up after the Charles Schwab Cup. The greens were actually rolling well for once!

others on the list:
Bayonet GC & Blackhorse GC (silly hard, both of them!)
Pacific Grove GC (windy!!)

Last edited:
Timberstone Golf Course at the Pine Mountain Resort in Iron Mountain, MI. I only play it once or twice a year. But it is my favorite.

Tpc deere run with forum members hawk and donw. Even though it was fall off-season everything was still in amazing shape.

Ogeechee Golf Club @ Ford Plantation and The Cliffs @ Glassy. OGC is one of my favorite courses I have ever played. It's private so it's a treat when I get invited there. Glassy was one of the best conditioned courses I have even played. The scenery there was great! I just wish I played better to really enjoy it!

I loved Aronimink Golf Club (AT&T National), but I must say, The Old Course at St. Andrews topped the list.

My favorite was The River Course on Kiawah Island, followed by The Ocean Course at Ponte Vedra. I also enjoyed Druid Hills Country Club in Atlanta and Golden Eagle in Tallahassee Florida.

Easy Whistling Straits

Close second was Oak Park CC in Chicago, IL

third was Thunderhawk in Zion, IL

Easy Whistling Straits

Close second was Oak Park CC in Chicago, IL

third was Thunderhawk in Zion, IL

Bomb n gouge... I play Thunderhawk about 5-8 times a season. Love it there. By far the best muni I play.

Mine are Reynolds Plantation Great Waters in GA, Royal Kaanapali in Maui, and Poppy Hills in Monterey, CA

Back