Vehicle gas mileage

I drive an 08 GMC Sierra 5.3l and I get 20-21 highway and 15-17 with local driving. I burn more gas than I'd like but it's fun to drive the big truck.

No shame in the Jetta. I almost went with a TDI Sportwagon for the miles I travel but testosterone won and I got the truck.

Thanks DG. I have none lol. Best thing about the TDI is it has a built in smoke screen ability when people feel like Im not driving fast enough. One thing the TDI does not do is go fast. But I miss the Hemi.

Thanks DG. I have none lol. Best thing about the TDI is it has a built in smoke screen ability when people feel like Im not driving fast enough. One thing the TDI does not do is go fast. But I miss the Hemi.

You're welcome. Hahahah... You have to love causing blackouts with a push of the pedal. Having the TDI allowed the gas budget to decrease and the equipment purchases to increase.

Actually a sportwagon wouldn't be very good for the misc farm tasks I have to do so I needed the truck.

I have a 2000 Ford F-350 Dually Diesel that gets about 13 in the winter and 17 in the summer. I want to get rid of it so bad but just dont know what to get. With one son already and a daughter on the way I need something more along the lines of a crossover but dont want to kill my self with payments. Was looking at the new GMC Terrain. But the diesel technology in the VW's is tempting.

I get about 30mpg with very sensible driving in my Honda Integra Type R (DC5). (Acura RSX?)

So, I get about half that, yeah.

I'm saving over 900 gallons a year by changing vehicles. At 35,000+ miles a year, you gotta do what you can!

That's around $2,500, give or take, and that pays for half of the payments. Plus it's All Wheel Drive for winter.

I have a 99 Honda Accord V6 that gets about 22-25. Sucked, coming from dad's corrolla, but I love that car...

Im going to make it public right now. I drive a VW Jetta TDI. Thats right the car that made an episode of the League last year because hot girls drive them.

You dont know how bad I want to put this in my signature but I will be nice haha

I don't think I have filled-up our car since early September. One of the benefits to living in Chicago (and some other major metropolitan areas) is that you don't have to drive all that much.

I don't think I have filled-up our car since early September. One of the benefits to living in Chicago (and some other major metropolitan areas) is that you don't have to drive all that much.

I don't think I could handle taking cabs and busses everywhere. We take BART when we're in the Bay Area sometimes, but I'd rather be driving!

I have a similar situation except not quite as extreme. Because I don't have to commute to go to work I don't put any miles on my car. Last year I put 3,000 miles on my car and usually that means I fill up once a month, if that.

I am in the market for a new car and while I like the idea of being energy efficient it doesn't really matter all that much to me since I don't put any miles on the car. However, when I used to commute an hour each way to work everyday all I could ever think about was how much I spent on gas.

Because I vanpool, I drive 4 miles a day Monday-Friday :clapp: So I just end up getting gas about once or twice a month at the most...However because I've been driving in to work this week, I only get around 20-24 mpg or so...And now gas is getting expensive, especially because I have to get the premium gas :crying: but my car is worth it :D

In my almost 2 years of ownership, I only have 12,000 miles on my car :clapp:

What do you drive that needs premium, GC?

I don't think I could handle taking cabs and busses everywhere. We take BART when we're in the Bay Area sometimes, but I'd rather be driving!

I mostly take the 'L' when needed, but use cabbies a lot too. But, mostly, we walk. Within a few blocks in every direction, we have tons of resturants, pubs, stores, coffee, etc.

Now, the bus is another story. Crazy people seem to ride the bus more than the L. Don't know why it is that way, but that is the way it is.

What do you drive that needs premium, GC?

My most prized possession other than my clubs :) I drive a BMW 335 coupe! Althought my clubs barely fit in the trunk :crying:

My most prized possession other than my clubs :) I drive a BMW 335 coupe! Althought my clubs barely fit in the trunk :crying:

You go girl!

Cool! They can always go in the passenger seat! The BF can ride in the trunk! hahaha

Love my civic. It gets 30 mpg. Driving to work sucks but its great gas mileage even around town. I love the digital spedometer too. Haha. It's serious.

Love my civic. It gets 30 mpg. Driving to work sucks but its great gas mileage even around town. I love the digital spedometer too. Haha. It's serious.

I just went to lunch in one of these. I feel you on the speedo. But I noticed driving in to work this morning Kia makes a car called the Forte, you should drive this.

Nice car, GC! I am a mercedes fan myself though... I am biased I guess, they employ many people in my community.

I think you're right...... I wonder if they have the Forte with spinners... AKA, the Matt edition.
I just went to lunch in one of these. I feel you on the speedo. But I noticed driving in to work this morning Kia makes a car called the Forte, you should drive this.

I think you're right...... I wonder if they have the Forte with spinners... AKA, the Matt edition.

You could always give the paint scheme a matte finish.

I get 17 mpg around town and 30 mpg on the highway. Average is about 23 mpg overall on premium fuel in a 1998 Corvette Coupe.

Wow, that's pretty good!! Better than what I get :(

Barely fitting in the trunk is still better than a car which your clubs DON'T fit in the trunk. Only thing that barely fits in mine is the pull cart (with the wheels removed). Clubs ride in the backseat (with the driver and 3-wood removed).

Going to keep that car for maybe one more year...after that looking at another Ford Focus. Slightly less fuel mileage but the room and ride quality piss all over the Chevy Slowbalt/Pontiac G5.

Back