Colt

Two is one and one is none
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: ????
I was playing a round with one of my buddies the other day whom is a 1 handicapper. I pulled a "Tin Cup" on the 12 hole of the course we were on and put 3 straight balls in the water trying to carry onto the green. The balls were Z-Stars, a fairly expensive ball so you can believe I was cussin myself up and down (and the water too)!!! Well my buddy came over with his wife tonight for Christmas Eve dinner and a gift exchange. He bought me two boxes of Noodle+ Long and Softs, and told me now it wouldn't be such a big deal when I lose my balls to the fish (he was being a smart@$$ by the way). Now my ego wanted to call him some fairly bad names, but I'm in the Christmas spirit so I thanked him and smiled. Now the big question here is has anybody played these balls and are they garbage or are they an alright ball? I've just always heard Noodles being the butt end of jokes among golfers, so any input would be much appreciated!!!

Couple of questions.

1. What made you choose Z-Stars?
2. Have you ever gone through a ball fitting? (either online or live)

Some believe premium/tour golf balls means that they are right for each golfer. In actuality, they CAN do more harm than good, especially on full impact golf shots. The old slogan that one company wants us to believe that says "Play what the pros play, or play the best ball" is not the best idea. What one person plays may not be good for your game in comparison.

The Noodle long and soft is a decent golf ball. It's no Z-Star, but it's not billed as a premium ball, but it is long and it is soft. The ball pops nicely off the club face and feels good off the wedges and around the green.

If you don't want them please let me know and I'll give you my address. :)

I played the noodles long and soft for a season and I thought it was a generally decent all rounder. Was a couple of years ago now so not sure how they have evolved.

I played the Noodles for a couple of years off and on.
I found them to be a decent ball.
They don't spin as much as my ProV1's with my swing.

They are my standard game ball. I find that they perform better than most at that price, with a nice feel and good distance. Are they a Tour level ball? No. Are they a great bang for the buck? Oh yes.

They are great balls. Decent length, and decent off the putter. Perfect ball to use for the water holes- and not a bad choice for a full round. I used them and the Noodle 2SD's and found they both held up really well. Best ball available at that price if you ask me,

my brother plays the long & soft
and ive tried them a few times... pretty good budget ball
id rank them 2nd to the top flight gamers in the el cheapo but goodoh balls

It's my regular ball. It's right for my tee box swing, and it plays well for me around the green. I like the price, too. I'm longest ball out of my foursome from time to time with it. Send 'em over if you don't need them.

When do you plan to try them out? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts afterwards...

Alright then. Much better responses than I had expected from people, so I guess I'll give em' a couple of rounds at a couple different courses this week. I'll see how everything goes and give my thoughts (if anybody wants to hear them). As for why I played the Z-Stars in the first place, JB, I just loved the way that they felt on pretty much every shot. With the Z-Stars I haven't noticed much difference at all in the straightness with which the ball travels down the fairway off of any club I hit. I am absolutely horrible at eyeballing distances to the flag so I always seem to find myself flying past the flag. I love the way the Z-Star either checks and stops without rolling out, or sometimes even backs up a foot or two when I strike the ball well. In this respect the Z-Star has helped more than hurt. But I digress, as this thread is about that Noodle. I'll let everyone know how the Noodle L&S balls work out for me. As I know they aren't gonna check up and stop or back up the way the Srixon ball does I'll employ the use of my buddy's range finder so as not to go zooming past too many flags. That way I can give this ball it's fair due.

I have heard good thinks about them. You may be pleasantly suprised.

Not to thread jack, but did I see somewhere noodle is made by taylormade?

Not to thread jack, but did I see somewhere noodle is made by taylormade?

MaxFli was sold to TaylorMade a few years back. TaylorMade has since sold the MaxFli brand to Dicks Sporting Goods. They kept the Noodle and its name behind with TM.

MaxFli was sold to TaylorMade a few years back. TaylorMade has since sold the MaxFli brand to Dicks Sporting Goods. They kept the Noodle and its name behind with TM.

Is that why its called the noodle, not the maxfli noodle now?

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Is that why its called the noodle, not the maxfli noodle now?

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

arent there still maxfli noodles and non maxfli noodles?

Maxfli does not make the Noodle anymore. They sold out to Taylormade and then Taylormade sold MaxFli to Dicks. They kept the Noodle name behind.

I play the noodle as it says in my sig..... I have found them to be the most consistant ball for my type of game. Until I start shooting again in the 80's which I don't think a ball itself will get me there. I will play these. Just my honest opinion.

One more round on Wednesday morning and I'll give my opinion on the Noodles. So far so good, a few downfalls, but what ball doesn't have em'.

I have used them and like them.But I am in mourning that you can't get the TopFlight Freak anymore.There aren't many golf balls that I don't like but Callaway Warbirds are one I hate.But free balls are like free beer if someone gave me two dozen Warbirds I'm sure I would put them to use.

Why is everyone sold out of the original noodle... long and soft? Can't find them anywhere, just empty spaces at the stores where they would go!

Back