Hyundai Tournament of Champions [Spoilers]

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to get this started up because there is some breaking news per Twitter. The 2-time defending champion of this event, Geoff Ogilvy, may not play in the event. Here's a tweet from Kelly Tilghman of the Golf Channel:
Steve Sands reports Geoff Ogilvy fell on beach Tues, cut rt index finger, has stitches. Questionable to play season opener.

http://twitter.com/#!/KellyTilghman/status/22747556786208768

She went on to say in a following tweet that he may just hit his first tee shot, and then withdraw so that he could get the prize money for last place. That definitely throws a curveball into the pre-tournament predictions, since he was one of the favorites. What works in his favor is that he has the last tee time of the day on Thursday. Here are all of the first round tee times, per PGATour.com (all times are Hawaii time):
10:20 am Atwal, Arjun Mediate, Rocco
10:30 am Lunde, Bill Beckman, Cameron
10:40 am Garrigus, Robert Bettencourt, Matt
10:50 am Lamely, Derek Byrd, Jonathan
11:00 am Appleby, Stuart Bohn, Jason
11:10 am Kim, Anthony Slocum, Heath
11:20 am Poulter, Ian Pettersson, Carl
11:30 am Crane, Ben Haas, Bill
11:40 am Palmer, Ryan Clark, Tim
11:50 am Villegas, Camilo Watson, Bubba
12:00 pm Scott, Adam Molinari, Francesco
12:10 pm Mahan, Hunter McDowell, Graeme
12:20 pm Rose, Justin Johnson, Zach
12:30 pm Day, Jason Els, Ernie
12:40 pm Johnson, Dustin Stricker, Steve
12:50 pm Kuchar, Matt Hoffman, Charley
1:00 pm Ogilvy, Geoff Furyk, Jim

I wanted to get this started up because there is some breaking news per Twitter. The 2-time defending champion of this event, Geoff Ogilvy, may not play in the event. Here's a tweet from Kelly Tilghman of the Golf Channel:

http://twitter.com/#!/KellyTilghman/status/22747556786208768

She went on to say in a following tweet that he may just hit his first tee shot, and then withdraw so that he could get the prize money for last place. That definitely throws a curveball into the pre-tournament predictions, since he was one of the favorites. What works in his favor is that he has the last tee time of the day on Thursday. Here are all of the first round tee times, per PGATour.com (all times are Hawaii time):
10:20 am Atwal, Arjun Mediate, Rocco
10:30 am Lunde, Bill Beckman, Cameron
10:40 am Garrigus, Robert Bettencourt, Matt
10:50 am Lamely, Derek Byrd, Jonathan
11:00 am Appleby, Stuart Bohn, Jason
11:10 am Kim, Anthony Slocum, Heath
11:20 am Poulter, Ian Pettersson, Carl
11:30 am Crane, Ben Haas, Bill
11:40 am Palmer, Ryan Clark, Tim
11:50 am Villegas, Camilo Watson, Bubba
12:00 pm Scott, Adam Molinari, Francesco
12:10 pm Mahan, Hunter McDowell, Graeme
12:20 pm Rose, Justin Johnson, Zach
12:30 pm Day, Jason Els, Ernie
12:40 pm Johnson, Dustin Stricker, Steve
12:50 pm Kuchar, Matt Hoffman, Charley
1:00 pm Ogilvy, Geoff Furyk, Jim

Thanks dude! That means I need to make some changes to my Fantasy team

so is ogilvy in or out at this point? team TC needs to know.

Team westtex has been updated, thank you for the insight.

fell on a beach?

That does sound funny. Obviously there is more to it. Athletes get hurt in funny ways, George Brett broke his toe against a chair or something rushing back to the TV to watch a friend batting.

I'm leaving mine as is. I had a premonition that he would fall on a beach. That sand can hurt!

so is he in or out? wtf is going on? i like ogilvy but if he withdraws, i'm taking his man card.

If he doesn't WD, I don't expect him to play all that well. Can't play to well with stitches on the hand.

If he doesn't WD, I don't expect him to play all that well. Can't play to well with stitches on the hand.

aussies always play well at kapalua

aussies always play well at kapalua

I know he's had great success there, but if you have a bum hand, how can you really grip a club to play? He many find a way, but will his ball striking be the same? I tend to think not.

Even one with stitches in their fingers? Man I'm pulling him, good thing this week is practice!!

speaking of aussies, i wonder how your incredible dark horse pick of jason day fares this weekend?

I know he's had great success there, but if you have a bum hand, how can you really grip a club to play? He many find a way, but will his ball striking be the same? I tend to think not.

he doesn't need stellar ball striking, the guy just oozes charisma on the golf course. too bad for him though, if he doesn't win this week, we may not hear of him all year.

Probably going to win, how's Lovemark gonna do? Oh. Sorry.

i'd be willing to make some sort of avatar'd wager that lovemark has a better year. you in baldy?

he doesn't need stellar ball striking, the guy just oozes charisma on the golf course. too bad for him though, if he doesn't win this week, we may not hear of him all year.

I gotta give you that. I hope he can get something together, but I won't be holding my breath, just in case....

I gotta give you that. I hope he can get something together, but I won't be holding my breath, just in case....

well, it's just a practice round. what if he does play, and that it's no big deal?

well, it's just a practice round. what if he does play, and that it's no big deal?

Very true. I'm sure he was wanting to be a contender though. Who knows though... maybe he still will!?! I hope he doesn't WD.

Very true. I'm sure he was wanting to be a contender though. Who knows though... maybe he still will!?! I hope he doesn't WD.

same here. i am a huge ogilvy fan and if you don't watch the first month or so of the season, you may not see him again, lol

so who's gonna win this weekend?

i think G-mac may make a nice run. i see bubba watson as being a disappoint me. me and bubba aren't on speaking terms right now.

I'm gonna say Mahan does well. He'll have something to prove after the RC thing.

Back