Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

yeah, it will more than likely replace both at this point. the Mashie M3 just sits right between them and so far, it's long, it's straight, it flies high and it's giving me great results. there's just no reason to keep the 3/4 iron with it in the bag.

and i have no problem with letting you have some time with it on the range at the outing. let's just hope that there are more there for us to try, as i'd love to give the 18* a test drive.

+1 I would love to see some mashies there of different lofts, but anything will be nice. I knew you would have no problem loaning the mashie for bit and of course my bag is open to any lefties there.

yeah, it will more than likely replace both at this point. the Mashie M3 just sits right between them and so far, it's long, it's straight, it flies high and it's giving me great results. there's just no reason to keep the 3/4 iron with it in the bag.

and i have no problem with letting you have some time with it on the range at the outing. let's just hope that there are more there for us to try, as i'd love to give the 18* a test drive.

Add 1 Mashie take two clubs out. Sounds like you have room for another wedge. Or you could carry two putters. Two drivers if you cant decide between the R11 or SF 2.0. A Niblick!

Just got back from a loooong day on the course. I enjoyed a good round today with the Mashie and finally got to use it for some of the shots I have been wanting to see for myself, out of the rough and also fairway bunkers.

The Mashie lifted the ball right out of the rough with ease, sacraficing little distance despite not having the perfect lie. As long as you keep yourself under control, this club will perform. I got myself in some trouble near the end of the round when I tried to over swing and wound up hitting a poor shot.

I found myself in one fairway bunker and for that shot the Mashie came through picking the ball clean off the sand and dropping it in the fairway. The three times I teed off with the club I was rewarded with a high flight and great distance.

At the range before and a couple times on the course I let my golf buddies use it for a few shots and they were greatly impressed.

Another good day overall for the Mashie!! It continues to shine and be the club I have needed and wanted in my bag.

TC, I am not sure what is up with the hook with your Mashie. I would have that problem with the Nicket I had in my bag before the Mashie but I have not experienced it since the switch. The shots that would hook with the Nickent now fly straight, just less distance that if hit on the screws.

Did you get good distance with this WR?

Thanks TC, found it.

No doubt Cleveland has a winner here! Great info guys and looks like all bases are being covered. I am looking forward to the long term results.

===== QUOTE White Rhino ====

Just got back from a loooong day on the course. I enjoyed a good round today with the Mashie and finally got to use it for some of the shots I have been wanting to see for myself, out of the rough and also fairway bunkers.

The Mashie lifted the ball right out of the rough with ease, sacraficing little distance despite not having the perfect lie. As long as you keep yourself under control, this club will perform. I got myself in some trouble near the end of the round when I tried to over swing and wound up hitting a poor shot.

I found myself in one fairway bunker and for that shot the Mashie came through picking the ball clean off the sand and dropping it in the fairway. The three times I teed off with the club I was rewarded with a high flight and great distance.

At the range before and a couple times on the course I let my golf buddies use it for a few shots and they were greatly impressed.

Another good day overall for the Mashie!! It continues to shine and be the club I have needed and wanted in my bag.

TC, I am not sure what is up with the hook with your Mashie. I would have that problem with the Nicket I had in my bag before the Mashie but I have not experienced it since the switch. The shots that would hook with the Nickent now fly straight, just less distance that if hit on the screws.

===== /QUOTE ====

Did you get good distance with this WR?

Thanks TC, found it.

I have always gotten great distance with the Mashie when I hit it correctly. When I do not hit it prefectly I still get decent yardage

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

BT - I hit it from a fairway bunker a bit fat and got about 100 yards out of it. Could have been much better if I hit it clean.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Thank you again guys for the great write up, I was wanting one mashie but now it is looking like two.

Thank you again guys for the great write up, I was wanting one mashie but now it is looking like two.

I see your two mashies and raise you! (I want 3 of these bad boys).

i'm not going to lie, i am thinking the same thing. if i could see the success and distance out of the 18* that i'm seeing out of the 20.5*, i may not even need a 3wood in the bag.

i'm not going to lie, i am thinking the same thing. if i could see the success and distance out of the 18* that i'm seeing out of the 20.5*, i may not even need a 3wood in the bag.

Would you rather have the 18* or the 15.5* for the 3wood though?

Yeah I've really been looking at Superhybrid to replace my 3wd and then try 18* Mashie to replace my Adams Pro Black. 15.5* and 18* Mashie might be another route too. Hopefully I can figure my bag out in few weeks.

That's my plans! I think! I gotta test the 15.5 though first. But if it's close distance wise, no brainer for me. So easy to hit.

i don't have the 15.5* option, so 18* it is! if i'm averaging 221 yards with the 20.5*, then i would assume i could get that 18* up around 230-235 and even though that may be a little shorter than the 3wood, i already know it's going to be more accurate, easy to hit off the tee and out of the fairway, so why not?

playing golf the way that i try to play golf, distance isn't the premium that it once was for me. i use to be obsessed about hitting a driver and hitting it far, but now i don't mind hitting mid irons into greens, so if i can use something off the tee that helps me hit more fairways, i believe i can lower my index, perhaps finally shoot that round of par or better i've been trying to achieve for so long.

Yeah I've really been looking at Superhybrid to replace my 3wd and then try 18* Mashie to replace my Adams Pro Black. 15.5* and 18* Mashie might be another route too. Hopefully I can figure my bag out in few weeks.

if and when you get the chance to hit one, just trust it man! don't worry about the shaft and whether or not it may or may not be stout enough, cause it will be, just trust in Mashie. i think you may really, really like it.

I'm starting to see this too TC. That is why the 15.5 Mashie is becomming more and more a want. I was tossing the idea around before but after having this club in my hands, I can really see saving quite a few shots over my 3w. It would mean keeping my driver in the bag a couple more times a round but I'd be good with that for lower scores. I could see chopping a 400 yard par 4 with two 20.5 Mashie shots now. Crazy thoughts!! Haha.
i don't have the 15.5* option, so 18* it is! if i'm averaging 221 yards with the 20.5*, then i would assume i could get that 18* up around 230-235 and even though that may be a little shorter than the 3wood, i already know it's going to be more accurate, easy to hit off the tee and out of the fairway, so why not?

playing golf the way that i try to play golf, distance isn't the premium that it once was for me. i use to be obsessed about hitting a driver and hitting it far, but now i don't mind hitting mid irons into greens, so if i can use something off the tee that helps me hit more fairways, i believe i can lower my index, perhaps finally shoot that round of par or better i've been trying to achieve for so long.

Oh yeah, I forgot about your lefty handicap! I see your point with the 18* too. I wonder if it will be easier to control than the 15.5*? The mashie makes it so easy, but will lower loft hurt the control aspect.

I'm starting to see this too TC. That is why the 15.5 Mashie is becomming more and more a want. I was tossing the idea around before but after having this club in my hands, I can really see saving quite a few shots over my 3w. It would mean keeping my driver in the bag a couple more times a round but I'd be good with that for lower scores. I could see chopping a 400 yard par 4 with two 20.5 Mashie shots now. Crazy thoughts!! Haha.

but it's not crazy man, that's the point. i think we all stand on that tee box on those 400+ yard par 4's and just proceed to pull driver, at least i know i did. all that is changing for me. i want to take trouble out of the equation. i dunno, it may back fire but it's been working well for the past 8-9 months.

Oh yeah, I forgot about your lefty handicap! I see your point with the 18* too. I wonder if it will be easier to control than the 15.5*? The mashie makes it so easy, but will lower loft hurt the control aspect.

good question, and one that i don't have the answer to. i would assume that the characteristics of the club would be the same. i guess we'll find out in May!

JB do you know if its suggested to try to bend these or easy to bend if certain lofts aren't available? Like bending a 18* down some to maybe get in 3wdish range?

JB do you know if it's suggested to try to bend these or if it's easy to bend if certain lofts aren't available? Like bending a 18* down some to maybe get in 3wdish range?

I dont. However before bending it, I would strongly suggest hitting the 18* because I am getting almost the same distance I was out of my last 3 wood with the 18*.

JB do you know if it's suggested to try to bend these or if it's easy to bend if certain lofts aren't available? Like bending a 18* down some to maybe get in 3wdish range?

interesting thought, and i wonder if you could even just alter it one degree how much difference that may make, but like JB said, i'd try the stock 18* if/when you can, it may surprise you.

This club is just really changing the way I'm thinking about the game. It good ways too.

but it's not crazy man, that's the point. i think we all stand on that tee box on those 400+ yard par 4's and just proceed to pull driver, at least i know i did. all that is changing for me. i want to take trouble out of the equation. i dunno, it may back fire but it's been working well for the past 8-9 months.

good question, and one that i don't have the answer to. i would assume that the characteristics of the club would be the same. i guess we'll find out in May!

This club is just really changing the way I'm thinking about the game. It good ways too.

Youre never going back to women? haha jk man. Awesome Mashie love in here.

Lol!!

It's definitely better than when I hit at the demo day, and I absolutely loved it then. It's opened up a whole different set of shots I wasn't thinking I would have for awhile. I like being in the fairway I've found out haha.

Youre never going back to women? haha jk man. Awesome Mashie love in here.

BT - I hit it from a fairway bunker a bit fat and got about 100 yards out of it. Could have been much better if I hit it clean.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Thanks Hawk. Fairway bunkers always give me trouble, yes I know that is what they were invented for. lol.

And can anyone tell me why in the world the Mashie only got a silver in Golf Digest when the Diablo Edge was given a gold?? Sorry, I have the DE and I don't think it deserved a gold.

Back