Hyundai Tournament of Champions [Spoilers]

I am pulling him. You don't start a on legged kicker in the NFL, I aint starting a one handed golfer.

well dude, the season doesn't end for quite some time.
The second we make that your avvy is as good as mine. You're on! What are we going to base if off of, season ending FedEx rank or $ or what?

The second we make that your avvy is as good as mine. You're on! What are we going to base if off of, season ending FedEx rank or $ or what?

$$$$ for sure, and i'll take that bet.

I am pulling him. You don't start a on legged kicker in the NFL, I aint starting a one handed golfer.
What about a one-legged man in an a$$ kickin contest? Is there any fantasy leagues for that? Yeah I hear you on Ogilvy, I pulled him for the same reason, no way it won't at least bother him.

I just ralized, I didn't have him picked in the first place. I DID change Clark for Mediate. I am just feelin rocco for some reason.
What about a one-legged man in an a$$ kickin contest? Is there any fantasy leagues for that? Yeah I hear you on Ogilvy, I pulled him for the same reason, no way it won't at least bother him.

Update on Ogilvy: He suffered the injury while swimming in the ocean on Tuesday, and did not play in the Pro-Am on Wednesday per the Associated Press (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2040926,00.html). Stephanie Wei reports that Ogilvy got 12 stitches in the right index finger (http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/ogilvy-takes-12-stitches-in-finger-status-unclear).

Golf Central also had a report that Zach Johnson injured his right big toe when he bumped it against some furniture a few days ago, so it's pretty swollen (not sure if it's broken). He was only able to hit balls while wearing sandals on Tuesday, and had trouble wearing regular golf shoes today. Looks like he's going to start the tournament, but there is some question on whether he'll be able to get through 72 holes walking the hills at Kapalua. He's in the field next week at the Sony Open, and said that if he wasn't going to be in Hawaii for the next 2 weeks, he would have already withdrawn from this tournament.

The fantasy pool stimulates much more banter than usual. I like it already.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Took zach out, and I put a dark dark dark, black horse in... Lets GO Rocccooo! I just feel good about him this week.

Update on Ogilvy: He suffered the injury while swimming in the ocean on Tuesday, and did not play in the Pro-Am on Wednesday per the Associated Press (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2040926,00.html). Stephanie Wei reports that Ogilvy got 12 stitches in the right index finger (http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/ogilvy-takes-12-stitches-in-finger-status-unclear).

Golf Central also had a report that Zach Johnson injured his right big toe when he bumped it against some furniture a few days ago, so it's pretty swollen (not sure if it's broken). He was only able to hit balls while wearing sandals on Tuesday, and had trouble wearing regular golf shoes today. Looks like he's going to start the tournament, but there is some question on whether he'll be able to get through 72 holes walking the hills at Kapalua. He's in the field next week at the Sony Open, and said that if he wasn't going to be in Hawaii for the next 2 weeks, he would have already withdrawn from this tournament.

Saw the Zach thing just a little bit ago. Too bad, I really want him to start out hot this season.

Very informative thread. Get ready to get stomped fools!

So I didn't have Johnson on my team either.

Geoff Ogily Injures Hand; Withdraws from ToC

Geoff Ogily Injures Hand; Withdraws from ToC

REX HOGGARD, Senior Writer, GolfChannel.com Posted 01/05/2011, 4:24 PM EST

Defending champion Geoff Ogilvy will likely withdraw from this week's season opener at Kapalua after falling on the beach and injuring his right index finger.

Ogilvy told Golf Channel's Steve Sands the injury required stitches and forced the Australian to withdraw from Wednesday's pro-am. He plans to hit one shot on Thursday, which would qualify him for $70,000 in unofficial earnings and FedEx Cup points.

Because the season opener is a winners-only event there are no alternates, which means Ogilvy would not be taking a spot in the field from someone else.

Officials plan to replace Ogilvy on the tee sheet with a marker, possibly Dean Wilson who lives in Hawaii.

SURE GLAD I DIDN'T PICK HIM:clap:

BTW

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Ian Poulter is still in :D

Man card Geoff, hand it over! See ya not in 2011.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Merge

uno, dos, tres

Hope he gives the $70K to a local charity or something

Merged with the tournament thread.

Lets see, with the recent revelations, I got Rocco as my dark horse, DJ as a Contender, and Appleby as the winner. Original, I know...

Fantasy golf should add a nice twist to our weekly tourney threads.

Man card Geoff, hand it over! See ya not in 2011.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I don't know man, he had like 11 or was it 19 stitches in his hand and likely pretty infected doing it on coral underwater. Guess he could tape the hell out of it, but hard to keep from bleeding. Although hell, I played a tournament the day after a vasectomy, lmao. (I'm sure everyone wanted to know that)

We did not want to know that. We really didn't. Hmmm. This could actually turn into a great thread idea. "Interesting facts about you that no one else (should) know"
I don't know man, he had like 11 or was it 19 stitches in his hand and likely pretty infected doing it on coral underwater. Guess he could tape the hell out of it, but hard to keep from bleeding. Although hell, I played a tournament the day after a vasectomy, lmao. (I'm sure everyone wanted to know that)

That's ballsy, Due. Sort of...

Or the opposite of ballsy. Un-ballsy? I dunno.
Ron White- "Next time you have a thought like that... Let it go..."
That's ballsy, Due. Sort of...

Back