THP First Look - 2011 Bettinardi Putters

===== QUOTE thedue ====

Not sure feel will be much different, same honeycomb and material unless you go "Das". But, the new finish never needs oil and looks great.
Also, a new shape or two in the line up.

===== /QUOTE ====

I almost purchased "DAS" putter few months ago..... Anyway, I'm collecting too many Bettinardis. I love the new look!

We need pictures man. I only have the one and was happy to keep it at that until the Studio #7 came along, haha

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I have a 2010 BB1 putter. I wonder how 2011 compares to 2010 in terms of feel and performance? Any ideas? I love Bettinardi putters. I have a 2008 Mizuno Bettinardi BC1 putter that I absolutely love.

The 2010 model has a rounded/soft topline. The 2011 model has a flat topline.

The 2010 model has a muted feel - more metal behind the ball. The 2011 has a distinctive pleasant click only carbon steel can provide - thanks to a thinner metal area behind the ball and the cavity that creates this special frequency.

The 2010 model has 1/2 toe hang. The 2011 has 1/4 toe hang or considerably less - suited for a less gated stroke.

The 2011 model is wider than the 2010 - having a longer line so easier to align.

I hope this helps.

The 2010 model has a rounded/soft topline. The 2011 model has a flat topline.

The 2010 model has a muted feel - more metal behind the ball. The 2011 has a distinctive pleasant click only carbon steel can provide - thanks to a thinner metal area behind the ball and the cavity that creates this special frequency.

The 2010 model has 1/2 toe hang. The 2011 has 1/4 toe hang or considerably less - suited for a less gated stroke.

The 2011 model is wider than the 2010 - having a longer line so easier to align.

I hope this helps.

Wow, great info. Thank you very much. I love the distinctive click on my 2008 Mizuno/Bettinardi BC1. That explains why I feel 2008 BC1 is a bit "softer" than the 2010 BB1. I guess I need to demo one of these beauties in 2011.

We need pictures man. I only have the one and was happy to keep it at that until the Studio #7 came along, haha

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I'll post some pictures of my two Bettinardis. I love the look of your proto 1 Bettinardi (great pictures from the THP demo days).

This is purdy.

1058967803_SF9RB-L-1.jpg

Sure would make a killer prize at the outing!

When I went to JB's house for the mini outing, I made a bee line for this putter because I really wanted to see it in person. Let me tell you, the internet does not do it justice at all. I wanted to roll it, but JB told me that was not allowed :alien:

am I looking at a challenger for the Gambler?

When I went to JB's house for the mini outing, I made a bee line for this putter because I really wanted to see it in person. Let me tell you, the internet does not do it justice at all. I wanted to roll it, but JB told me that was not allowed :alien:

What he said.

What he said.

so I guess when I ask if it is going to be at the putter demo day it would be the same answer:banghead:

What he said.
So are you saying that nobody is allowed to roll putts with the .50 caliber or is that only people with a track record of potential equipment destruction? Like say inside on the putting mat for example?

so I guess when I ask if it is going to be at the putter demo day it would be the same answer:banghead:

I hear they can be had on ebay for a couple of thousand bucks. I urge you to buy one and bring it out to demo day.

So are you saying that nobody is allowed to roll putts with the .50 caliber or is that only people with a track record of potential equipment destruction? Like say inside on the putting mat for example?

NOBODY!

I hear they can be had on ebay for a couple of thousand bucks. I urge you to buy one and bring it out to demo day.

that's all? I might as well buy a righty and lefty that way TC has something he can test:alien:

NOBODY!

so....your saing there's a chance?!?

Hmmmm, I didn't see this coming. I figured we'd be running around Orlando together playing a game of betcha can't top this putt with it. Fine....I'll just have to be happy with my own putter, which I happen to love love love too...but you can't hit it. Nobody can. :eyepoke:

Hmmmm, I didn't see this coming. I figured we'd be running around Orlando together playing a game of betcha can't top this putt with it. Fine....I'll just have to be happy with my own putter, which I happen to love love love too...but you can't hit it. Nobody can. :eyepoke:

you got him so good!

Careful what you wish for or you may lose that one to me in a bet. Then you can put with your shoe on a stick and think "so this is what TC feels like all the time playing him".

Big time dude. He won't know what to come back with now. He'll probably just give me that .50 putter now since I got him so good.

I was thinking the same thing.

Careful what you wish for or you may lose that one to me in a bet. Then you can put with your shoe on a stick and think "so this is what TC feels like all the time playing him".

I feel a bet coming on...

True story, I was on the phone with TC today and we were talking about your game and I have decided that I'll never bet against you on the golf course. I hate losing to a guy that never misses a putt. I always curse his luck but when it happens all the time maybe it really is just that I'm not as good. Sorry bud, you won't be winning anything off me!

Back on topic though, I totally see your point with that putter and I wouldn't roll putts with it either, not when I have a collection of great putters that are fine to roll all the day long, this is something beyond the rest. Totally agree and I won't even ask.

True story, I was on the phone with TC today and we were talking about your game and I have decided that I'll never bet against you on the golf course. I hate losing to a guy that never misses a putt. I always curse his luck but when it happens all the time maybe it really is just that I'm not as good. Sorry bud, you won't be winning anything off me!

Back on topic though, I totally see your point with that putter and I wouldn't roll putts with it either, not when I have a collection of great putters that are fine to roll all the day long, this is something beyond the rest. Totally agree and I won't even ask.

Well, except for 3 foot birdie putts. He he has a wedge in his hand and wants to make a bet, don't do it!

Back