New Taylormade Ghost Putter's (2011)

Staples

Dirtydawg67
Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know when the new ghost putter line will hit stores here in America? I see more and more showing up on ebay. I know they recently were released in Japan and it looks like they finally put some weight ports in for the guys who like heavier putters. I REALLY want the DA-12 or TM-110.

Japan (and other countries) get different models all the time. Expect to see a new model or two in the Spring, but do remember that what you see coming from Asia & Canada (at times) does not mean they will sell it here.

Which sucks. Japan has some of the coolest looking irons on the planet.
Japan (and other countries) get different models all the time. Expect to see a new model or two in the Spring, but do remember that what you see coming from Asia & Canada (at times) does not mean they will sell it here.

Dagger. Thanks for the info JB.

Which sucks. Japan has some of the coolest looking irons on the planet.

Agreed. Look up the Burner Forged... mmmmm me love you long time.

OEM...
Where did you get your DA-12, if you don't mind me asking?

OEM...
Where did you get your DA-12, if you don't mind me asking?

Ebay. And ultimately from Japan. It was head only so I sent it straight to Vibrant for colorful flat black shaft.

Ebay. And ultimately from Japan. It was head only so I sent it straight to Vibrant for colorful flat black shaft.

Awesome. Looking at a few now on ebay. Prob going to bite the bullet and get one. You like the feel/weight of yours? Pics would be awesome if/when you get it back from vibrant.

Awesome. Looking at a few now on ebay. Prob going to bite the bullet and get one. You like the feel/weight of yours? Pics would be awesome if/when you get it back from vibrant.

Sure thing. Heres the face only I took right after it arrived. Some interesting differences from our Ghost. Milled type face, the insert while its the same is a little smaller, three black alignment lines (love that) and the weights in the back. Cant really say much on the weight or feel just yet but I will as soon as I get it back. The indoor putting green awaits it. Some of them on ebay are going for crazy money, this one wasnt much more then the US Ghost was.

dee967d0.jpg

Sure thing. Heres the face only I took right after it arrived. Some interesting differences from our Ghost. Milled type face, the insert while its the same is a little smaller, three black alignment lines (love that) and the weights in the back. Cant really say much on the weight or feel just yet but I will as soon as I get it back. The indoor putting green awaits it. Some of them on ebay are going for crazy money, this one wasnt much more then the US Ghost was.

dee967d0.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the info/pic.

Is the white finish here to stay, or simply a fad that will pass? I think I'm too old and set in my ways, but white is just way to bright of a color for me when it comes to golf clubs. It seems to me that black and grey/silver has always been the number one colors for putters and other clubs. Just wondering out loud what the future holds for colored clubs.

I'm always hesitant to pull the trigger on these from ebay. I'm afraid of getting a counterfeit.

I agree. Buyer beware on new clubs there.

Ive bought quite a few new clubs on ebay without issue. Gotta be smart of course and research your buyer as you should do for anything bought online or on ebay. Do that and you can have a successful purchase and save some money.

Ive bought quite a few new clubs on ebay without issue. Gotta be smart of course and research your buyer as you should do for anything bought online or on ebay. Do that and you can have a successful purchase and save some money.

I know you are correct, research is the key as to who you are buying from. I've bought a couple new Ping putters there in the past but I knew the seller well (Mortons), but I like to support my pro and my home course, so I do my club purchasing there.
Just have to be diligent with online buying.

Ghost DA-12

Click that Google search for the Ghost DA-12 putter and check out the description on the third one down, funny stuff. Credit to Bridges for pointing this one out.

Haha. I have a counter offer for a TM-110 with shaft for $200. Seller has perfect feedback and seems legit. I asked a few questions and pending good answers, I will ship the funds.

Haha. I have a counter offer for a TM-110 with shaft for $200. Seller has perfect feedback and seems legit. I asked a few questions and pending good answers, I will ship the funds.

Thats a sweet looking putter! Hope you snag it.

What is the weighting on the TM-110? I played around a bit today with the regular ghost Daytona and it was far to light for my taste. In comparison to the White Ice #1 I was getting a tighter, truer roll time after time with the White Ice. Looks wise I favored the Daytona but results are what counts.

Yup last year I was in Taiwan and I saw so many different ghost putter heads I thought they were knock offs at first. Sadly none of them made it over to America (this was in 2010)

I picked up the Daytona ghost here in canada and I like the feel and weight of it, I hope they bring these to North America so i can give these a shot

Thats the one, I was talking about the DA-12 coming over here, I would like to see the difference between the two. I can't believe the roll I get off this putter.

Back