Job Interview this morning

We're all rooting for you mate! Go nail it

...and by all means, if you don't know an answer to a question - especially a technical one - remember it's OK to say you don't know. If you make something up, the interviewer will know.

That is Rule #1 for me. Always has been. The interview went really well. I like my chances of getting a call back for a second interview. Should hear something in about a week to week and a half. The only issue I had was that the interviewer was quite stunning, and as a typical male I had to concentrate on not letting my eyes wander. I'm hoping I did a good job of that while maintaining an appropriate level of eye contact at the same time. I get nervous when I maintain eye contact for a long period, and it makes me nervous when someones eyes NEVER leave mine.

Thanks for all of the good thought folks, I'm pretty sure they worked, but in the mean time I'll keep pumping resumes out there!

Congrats, if you have a good feeling about the interview chances are the interviewer did as well!

Congrats on the good interview! Knock 'em dead on your second interview!!!

This is great to hear Matt. I hope you get the job. Let me know what kind of work you are trying to get. You never know who can help you out.

Way to go!! glad to hear you had a good interview!

I've had 4 job interviews for co-op positions with oil companies and accounting firms since July. 2 with men interviewers, 2 with stunning lady interviewers. Low and behold I got both jobs where my interviewers were ladies.
Could be a good sign!

This is great to hear Matt. I hope you get the job. Let me know what kind of work you are trying to get. You never know who can help you out.

I have been in residential maintenance for longer than I can remember. I'm currently applying, mainly, for apartment community maintenance tech (and supervisor) positions. I'm slightly under-qualified for the supervisor jobs, but you never know. Getting in the door for a face-to-face is extremely important. I have always interviewed very well, but it's been 12-13 years since my last interview, before today. The job market is tough, yet I have a good feeling about the position I interviewed for today (Assistant Maintenance Director). I'm not holding my breath, but at the very least it would be a great stepping stone to a supervisory role which is my long-short term goal! The company, looking from the outside in, seems awesome.

Glad to hear all went well today...best wishes in Round Two.

Sounds promising, we will keep lifting prayers.

Good luck Matt! I'm happy to hear you made it through phase one. My prayers are with you. :)

Matt sounds like your day went well buddy. We all are rooting for success for you and a phone call coming soon that will close the deal :thumb:.
Keep the faith and will to make it happen and your day will come soon.

hope everything works out for you!

Back