The Mojito - How I love Thee

ad061e3a-023a-34c7.jpg
Looks good! So will these be on the cocktail menu at the THP Cocktail party later this month? If so remind me to pack plenty of asprin!

They sure will be.

I agree JB, great drink!

Best Mojitos I ever had were at the Hotel de Louvre in Paris. Pricey, 18 Euro each. Had 3 and could have keep going. Yum! Very unique drink when made well.

As most can imagine, they are pretty much everywhere in FL based on popular food and culture. So good when done right.

As most can imagine, they are pretty much everywhere in FL based on popular food and culture. So good when done right.

Yeah, a popular drink up here right now is warm cider, lol.

We were wandering around Old San Juan looking for a place to eat dinner last November. There was a shop converting to a bar for the evening that looked interesting so we headed in for a drink. The special was a Honey Mojito, my wife & I ordered two. The guy took twenty minutes to make them. He lined the glass with honey and singed the dried mint before adding it to the drink. They were sweet & refreshing. Not sure we would have walked out of there if we'd had a second.

Best Mojitos I ever had were at the Hotel de Louvre in Paris. Pricey, 18 Euro each. Had 3 and could have keep going. Yum! Very unique drink when made well.
The only time I've ever had one was in Cancun at an all inclusive resort and I'm not sure that the bartender really cared if it was a good one or not since we weren't paying for them. I'm looking forward to having one of JB's in just 3 short weeks!

Love the Mojito as well JB a great refreshing drink to have with friends!

Yeah, a popular drink up here right now is warm cider, lol.

lol i just had to come up with a few recipes with cider in it for my restaurant LOL

lol i just had to come up with a few recipes with cider in it for my restaurant LOL

How did they turn out and what were the measurements?

I've been making diced sweet potatoes and apples in an apple brandy reduction with pork lately. My wife and daughter have begun demanding it when I mention pork LOL

I'll tell you I wasn't a big fan of mojitos until last week. Golfer Gal & I had an orange version of them at dinner that knocked my socks off. I'm craving them and going to give the original a second chance. Maybe I just need to be in Florida for really good ones

or just take your socks off before you have another

These really pack a punch, the first time I had one was in a Cuban restaurant with dinner and since they are sweet tasting I pounded back 7 or 8 during dinner and drinks without noticing and when I wanted to stand up....wow! It really kicked my butt.

I prefer the Electric Arnold Palmer for a refreshing taste on warm days (I don't call it by its popular name due the the stigma attached to it). But I do love the mint in the mojito.

Those are so good! I could easily drink 3 of those but then I may not be able to walk. I was tipsy after the one ha.

I'll tell you I wasn't a big fan of mojitos until last week. Golfer Gal & I had an orange version of them at dinner that knocked my socks off. I'm craving them and going to give the original a second chance. Maybe I just need to be in Florida for really good ones

I prefer the Electric Arnold Palmer for a refreshing taste on warm days (I don't call it by its popular name due the the stigma attached to it). But I do love the mint in the mojito.

the John Daley?

Yummy Cuban diner night...complete with
aefca066-5cde-5db7.jpg

I get my posting on the run

How's this pronounced?? (This could be fun)

Moe He Toe

Back