The Qwest Field Beer Rip Off

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This video is freaking awesome. Can you believe a major stadium would try to do this?

LOL that is awesome....whats even better is the guy slurring it explaining it.

When we went to the World Cup in 96 a large beer was 9$ and out of shear boredom we did a similar test and it was barely larger than a 7$ small. Its no wonder these owners can afford the salaries they do. The fleecing of America, where does it stop.

yet another reason to hate Microsoft hehe

One of my favorite restaurants on Saint Simon Island does the same thing with their she crab soup. We did the same test and both the cup and the bowl hold the same amount. This ruse is more common than one might think.

hahahahaha thats so not funny. Just wow.

That's just WRONG!

Yet another reason to not drink at a sporting event. That guy is awesome. Sounds like he had a bakers dozen of those large/medium ones

I need to send that to my headquarters, lol. Shame on those guy's, did beer prices go up with the cost of gas?

Everything goes up when gas prices go up

I recently went to a local Hockey game..
They were selling 16oz beers for $2, but for this game ony they were offering a special with 24 oz beers for $3

i told the guy that you are not getting a better deal, just a bigger glass.
He sat there and argued with me...
I let him be, although the guy behind me, evidently someone who could do math, sided with me and started right back up again as I left...

Way to go seattle. Jerks

Wait maybe they should be happy that they are technically getting a $1.25 discount on large beers. :blob:

They were selling 16oz beers for $2, but for this game ony they were offering a special with 24 oz beers for $3

I let him be, although the guy behind me, evidently someone who could do math, sided with me and started right back up again as I left...

Yep, it is 8 oz. per $1 no matter how you cut it.

Everything goes up when gas prices go up

Very true my friend, very true. As labor, insurance and gas prices go up everything else has to go up or margins are cut. That's why my profits have droped a lot the last two years.

That's a pretty good price for beer anyplace! Only time you get it cheaper is buying it by the (6/12/18/24) pack! And at a sporting event no less.

Im surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit brought against the stadium for this.

Incredible!! The lengths people will go to to save a buck. Amazing!

Regal Cinema's does the same thing with their popcorn.... A Large is the same size as a medium + $1 (it also has over 1,000 calories and 3 days worth of saturated fat... or the equivalent of 3 quarter pounders + an extra 1/2 stick of butter).

Regal Cinema's does the same thing with their popcorn.... A Large is the same size as a medium + $1 (it also has over 1,000 calories and 3 days worth of saturated fat... or the equivalent of 3 quarter pounders + an extra 1/2 stick of butter).

Give me two mediums please. Extra butter on both!

And they wonder why we drink before the games.

"call the cops!!!" is that a natural pacific northwest accent? or is he hammered! lol

We had a local restaurant here get hit by the liquor board for a serious infraction. They were taking bottles of grey goose and bombay sapphire- all the ultra premium liquors and before their shift they would go to the back - and pour well vodka or well gin from mcCormicks or Kamchatka (well is the stuff that costs like $5 a bottle) into the empty grey goose and bombay bottles. Then sell it at a premium.

An ex-employee that was fired call the liquor board and they raided the bar - took all the bottles in for testing. Fined the restaurant several thousand dollars and fired the GM, Bar manager, and all bartenders involved.

They had been doing it for since they opened for about 2 years. I know as a bartender its hard to tell the diff between Ketel 1 or Stoli - but well gin? omg i feel like getting sick!

You know how many pissed off people there were when the story broke!

"call the cops!!!" is that a natural pacific northwest accent? or is he hammered! lol

I would say a little of Column A a little of Column B

Sounds like something for Weights & Measures to get involved with.That could make for a funny class action suit as well. Honestly, thats pretty smart of the stadium if they got away with just selling large and smalls without posting the ounces.

The official seahawks reply to this video.

"We received a copy of the YouTube video showing the quantity of liquid served in the 16 oz. beer cup is the same quantity that fits into the 20 oz. beer cup. This is the first time we have been alerted to this fact. Upon our internal investigation this afternoon, we discovered the cups that are marked 16 oz. hold 20 oz. of liquid.

"Fans who purchased a 16 oz. beer actually received 20 oz. of beer for the 16 oz. price. Fans that purchased the 20 oz. beer received the amount they purchased. We are working with Levy Restaurants to follow up with the cup vendor about the measurement and to determine how long this has been occurring at Qwest Field.

"We are determined to find a solution as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we will serve domestic beer in the 20 oz. cup at tomorrow's playoff game to ensure all fans receive the amount they purchase, and we will charge the 16 oz. price."

Back