Love to see a review of this

TwoSolitudes

Swingin' for the fences
Reaction score
http://www.tigersharkgolf.com/jim-flood-design/powerpod-driver/gallery.html#images

The PowerPod II

TIGERSHARK-POWERPOD-2-II-DRIVER.png

Jim Flood Design / PowerPod Driver
Overview

Jim Flood, a man who has been called the Thomas Edison of modern golf, has developed over 50 golf-related products in the past 35 years that have revolutionized the game of golf forever. Flood developed and introduced the first graphite golf shaft and founded Aldila Inc. He also founded Odyssey and invented the White Hot insert. With his latest creation, the PowerPod II, Flood has designed what he is calling his best invention yet.

* Slice Proof Design – Patent pending shape and 45 degree shaft angle makes Jim Flood’s new creation the world’s first slice proof driver.
* World’s Best Performing Driver - Independent robotic tests prove the PowerPod II to significantly increase distance (up to 7 yards), raises the smash factor and lowers spin rates by 13% over leading competitors.
* PowerShelf Technology – The PowerShelf in the back of the clubhead raises the CG for optimal ball flight and spin rates, and creates the perfect storm for increased distance.
* Advanced construction – The clubhead features a one-piece casting integrating the face and hosel for greater impact stability and a forged body for strength.
* Smash Factor - A measure of energy transfer from the clubhead to the golf ball. The average smash factor for Pro-line drivers is 1.3-1.4. Independent tests have shown the PowerPod’s smash factor to be 1.45-1.5, giving the Pod an extra 15-20 yards off the tee for every swing speed.Trapezoidal Face – Extremely deep face design creates an expanded sweet spot that puts the entire height of the face into play. This allows the driver head to offer different launch angles off of the Vertical SweetSpot depending on how high the driver is tee’d up.
* Jumbo Sized Face- 450 CC head features one of the largest driver faces around with a measurement of 2.5 inches deep, 4.25 inches wide.
* Reduced Toe Weighting- Standard driver designs have too much weight on the toe of the club head, creating a propensity to slice. With reduced toe weighting and an optimal CG placement, the ball has no option but to go straight with no slice and little dispersion between shots.

I have the original PowerPod from the 70's! It is a pretty neat club.

Interesting, but it sure hit every ugly branch on the way down the line.
The face reminds me of the HAMMER-X.
Is it tour legal?

Last edited:
The original one was. So I assume this one is as well.

3019686.jpg

* Reduced Toe Weighting- Standard driver designs have too much weight on the toe of the club head, creating a propensity to slice. With reduced toe weighting and an optimal CG placement, the ball has no option but to go straight with no slice and little dispersion between shots.

Unless you play a draw, in which case this club would have no option but to turn left faster than NASCAR driver?

Interesting, but it sure hit ever ugly branch on the way down the line.
The face reminds me of the HAMMER-X.
Is it tour legal?

+1 on the ugly

I thought the original was ugly and now I think the second offering is too. From the read out it would only be good for someone who actually slices almost all of their drives, thankfully I am not in that group.

Last edited:
I thought the original was ugly and now I think the second offering is too. From the read out it would only be good for someone who actuall slices almost all of their drives, thankfully I am not in that group.

I'm one of those people... but I know I have a flaw in my swing that can/will be fixed. In the meantime though, i'll stick with my stealth bomber/lamborghini styled driver

The first one did nothing for me neither does the second.

There seems to be a lot of marketing cliche in there. I would like to try it, but I bet I would have a wicked hook with this thing. I would love to get this on the THP launch monitor vs my SuperTri and the ZStar.

There seems to be a lot of marketing cliche in there. I would like to try it, but I bet I would have a wicked hook with this thing. I would love to get this on the THP launch monitor vs my SuperTri and the ZStar.

Yeah me too. You know when the first one came out my uncle had it and he could really hit it. I remember him sending it over the 250 marker- and this was back in the 70's. Maybe its all hype now, but it would be interesting to see.

Interesting! But I would love to see someone who has a natural draw hit this. But it is definitely UGGGGGLY!

That´s so ugly it has to be good.......

Would love a review on it thou!

Slice proof? Gimme that thing....I'll bet I can still hit a banana-ball with it! :D

Jim Flood, a man who has been called the Thomas Edison of modern golf,

I stopped taking the press release seriously after this.

Does a string come with that yo yo?

Kevin

Hey thepete pick up a book! Jim Flood has had 35 golf patents invented the graphite shaft, founded Aldila and Odyssey. How many guys in the golf industry
can you name that have had that kind of success? Just read a review that this Pod beat the Callaway Diablo Octane across the board in distance and spin rates at Hot Stix.

this would be interesting to see at the THP Outing and Demo Day. I'd love to see how it compares to basically every driver out there.

Back