Hyundai Tournament of Champions [Spoilers]

Are they not eligible because their wins came in the Fall swing of the PGA season?

Looks like Taylormade gets the first driver win of the season. Byrd playing a 2010 SuperFast and Garrigus playing a R11.

That view from behind and on top of the players as they tee off on 18 made that white R11 look HUGE!!!

I honestly do not know. I can't even remember who said it on Twitter or I would give them the credit. I just remember reading it. However, I did just read a tweet by Doug Ferguson that said the winner here will be eligible for the Masters.

Are they not eligible because their wins came in the Fall swing of the PGA season?

I thought that all winners from the year before were eligible for the Masters. Maybe that's the US Open that I'm thinking of.

Unbelievable!!

I bet the Hawaii swing is tough on you and JB. You guys have usually checked out of here about half an hour ago!

I bet the Hawaii swing is tough on you and JB. You guys have usually checked out of here about half an hour ago!

Nah, signing off of THP many times, but still around...hehe

Wow, Garrigus was dang near 80 yards closer yet could only manage to get inside Byrd by a couple of feet. I'm guessing two 2 putts and on to the next playoff hole.

Looks like he expected a release out of the rough and didn't get it... tough break because a little bit of forward roll from them puts you really close to the cup.

Wow, Garrigus was dang near 80 yards closer yet could only manage to get inside Byrd by a couple of feet. I'm guessing two 2 putts and on to the next playoff hole.

Looks that way P4B. But who knows??

Garrigus killed that drive...70 yards longer.

That putt came sooooo close

This is an awesome final round!

Hopefully this is a sign of really good golf this year.

Wow.... heartbreaking....

Ouch that's gotta hurt.

Hated to see it end like that, but that's golf.

WOW, he choked it! Poor Garrigus....he took it all in stride though, good on him for agreeing to that interview, what a guy!

Truly a class act. No doubt about it. I'll be cheering for him all year long.

Nice win JRod! ... on the practice week!! :) JB or GG, just curious, each week after the tournament is over, when will the next week ( as in picking players etc..) be up and available. What a great first tournament and even though I was pulling for Robert, he will be back and playing hard the rest of the year. I would be surprised if he doesn't pick up a win somewhere.

It sucks that Garrigus lost the playoff like that, but CONGRATULATIONS to Jonathan Byrd! As some people know, I grew up in the same neighborhood as him in Columbia, SC when I was a kid. I didn't know him all that well, but I still root for him all the time because he's from my hometown. This win is huge for him because it gets him into the Masters, which is barely an hour and a half from Columbia, so it's always a big deal for him to be in that tournament. Also, it will be his first time back to this Masters since he lost his dad to brain cancer, so it will definitely be an emotional time for the entire family.

Exciting. Must admit I was rooting for Garrigus. Seems like he might be someone to watch this year.

Back