And out come the brooms

Just saying, not being a minion or anything, the fat thing holds water. Look at my pic, I know what I am talking about...

That was a reference to a different thread Aggro, was not intended for you, sorry

Here we go with the clubs again, lets look at my egregious crime;

I though that i made a mistake with that post and was gonna go back and edit/apologize but when I went back and looked at all the attacks I figured just let it lie.
Come on claims that I was trying to make money off the prize? give em a break I have $700 of golf stuff i can't use and was gonna try and sell at a discount it to get some golf stuff i could use i don't 't see how i was profiting at all, and don't see how that should "shocked" anyone.
Then the minions piled on, yeah I'm sure Adams was monitoring the prises and was going to change their practices with THP because a guy was going to sell the womens clubs he won as some one suggested
I saw your little 18% gratuity dig on the motivational poster thread, and smalls countless ones.
Yeah so i was trying to sell these and get stuff I can use like others could use their prise and that makes me scumbag profiteer, whatever

You must not have done very well in math class. Countless = 3.

After your post about how you were going to sell the clubs, I simply posted:
First Tee might appreciate these as well . . . paying it forward is always a good thing.

Then I responded to someone else's post (and I suppose THIS could be a dig, if so, I do apologize):
It's not so much the no harm part, it's more the not thinking before speaking (posting) part.

And lastly, this was posted:
Ogilvy told Golf Channel's Steve Sands the injury required stitches and forced the Australian to withdraw from Wednesday's pro-am. He plans to hit one shot on Thursday, which would qualify him for $70,000 in unofficial earnings and FedEx Cup points.

To which you replied:
Hope he gives the $70K to a local charity or something

When I saw that, I thought it was a good idea, so I said:
Sounds like good advice. Hope other people heed this advice.

Then you got all bent out of shape.

You must not have done very well in math class. Countless = 3.

After your post about how you were going to sell the clubs, I simply posted:

Then I responded to someone else's post (and I suppose THIS could be a dig, if so, I do apologize):

And lastly, this was posted:

To which you replied:

When I saw that, I thought it was a good idea, so I said:

Then you got all bent out of shape.

and another thinly veiled one, maybe it's your moth that is lacking...

Some people would be behooved to read these kinds of threads. They might get some good ideas from them.

Nice going SethO.

Enough! Lets get this thread back on topic. Some of the people here love to have GOOD conversations about topics such as these.

Back on topic!!!!!!

and another thinly veiled one, maybe it's your moth that is lacking...

Oops, so countless = 4. My bad. I thought countless was like, a lot.

I've tinkered with them at the store, never on the course. Cosmetically i don't have a problem with them. Ultimately if it is legal and helps me get the ball in the hole in fewer strokes I'm all for it, that is the object of the game. About 5 years ago i got paired with an older gentleman who used one. I chuckled to myself a little bit, then he proceeded to putt the light our for 18 holes, I stopped laughing.

I played with a old friend of mine last summer one evening. I had not seen this guy in a couple of years and the rumor was that he had stopped playing. On the first tee I noticed he still had all his old Wilson clubs from about twenty years ago including a really old Bullseye style putter. As a joke, I asked him on the first green if his grandfather knew he had his putter!
He got a big kick out of that and proceeded to kick my butt on the greens all evening. Next time, I'll keep my thoughts to myself....lol

I played with a old friend of mine last summer one evening. I had not seen this guy in a couple of years and the rumor was that he had stopped playing. On the first tee I noticed he still had all his old Wilson clubs from about twenty years ago including a really old Bullseye style putter. As a joke, I asked him on the first green if his grandfather knew he had his putter!
He got a big kick out of that and proceeded to kick my butt on the greens all evening. Next time, I'll keep my thoughts to myself....lol

There is a guy we play with that actually has a bullseye that is chest level. Crazy looking. But he is not a very good putter, but he loves that thing. He has a bad back, so the upright putter helps him.

There is a guy we play with that actually has a bullseye that is chest level. Crazy looking. But he is not a very good putter, but he loves that thing. He has a bad back, so the upright putter helps him.

It is for reasons like this that I wuld hate to see them banned. Golf is hard enough for so many people, and if it allows this guy to continue to play then that is a good thing.

It is for reasons like this that I wuld hate to see them banned. Golf is hard enough for so many people, and if it allows this guy to continue to play then that is a good thing.

Yeah, his back wreaks havoc on him and he cut down to playing once a week because of it. Shame too, because he is still a young man and has years ahead of him. But I would like to see him put a "real" long putter in play rather than his homemade thing he has with the bullseye.

Carl Pettersen is looking awful with his long putter.

An awful day at the green can't undo the fact that he was the 4th best putter on tour last year (or whatever it was they said on TV).

Carl Pettersen is looking awful with his long putter.

Wasnt he the guy hitting the hybrid that was almost silent? He kept missing with it too.

Shoot, with the way my putting is, I might have to try a long stick, or else buy one of those laser sights to strap onto my shaft :alien:

Either way, if it brings more enjoyment to the game, I'm all for it. I'll let the governing bodies that be moderate whether or not someone can use a club or not.

Why not have a test at the outing where you have people do 10 putts with a long/belly putter and their own putter and see statistically which is better?

Shoot, with the way my putting is, I might have to try a long stick, or else buy one of those laser sights to strap onto my shaft :alien:

Either way, if it brings more enjoyment to the game, I'm all for it. I'll let the governing bodies that be moderate whether or not someone can use a club or not.

Why not have a test at the outing where you have people do 10 putts with a long/belly putter and their own putter and see statistically which is better?

People would probably do better with what they're used to. It's not a quick-fix.

People would probably do better with what they're used to. It's not a quick-fix.

You're right, I hadn't considered that as I was typing.
Although that just brings us back to the point of it's whatever people can use and what they're used to.
ie: if the shoe fits, wear it.

I have tried the belly putter & the breast putter on numerous times. I putt decent for a little while and then the thing just goes crazy. Putts run all over the place. The long putts are really hard to judge the distance with. I personally think the guys you are playing with, should give you four strokes a side, for laughing at your attempt to lag long putts. I always go back to my 34 inch putters. They are at least easier to leave the ball somewhere in the correct zip code.

I switched to a YES Emma belly putter at the end of summer and I have no looked back. I tend to "experiment" a lot with swing changes on the course and having the end of a putter in a fixed point counteracts any "experiments" that I try and make on the course.

I really like my YES though as it came as a 45" putter with the grip uninstalled so that people could cut them to size. Being a flatbelly of 6' tall that putts pretty upright the off the shelf offerings were all too short for me. The fact that Emma is centershafter and easy on the eyes was the icing on the cake.

I think I am going build a belly putter out of a Ghost Corza....I found a pretty sweet Iomic grip in White/Red that would look really cool, and get the shaft a flat black from Vibrant. It will be my winter project

Back