Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

4 Iron, but i rarely even hit it.

If it were me (and it's not) I would also consider going with the 23 and 18 and forgetting about the 3W.

Have any of the testers tried the Adams V3 hybrids as well as the Mashie. I hit the V3's yesterday and was very impressed. ALmost bought on the spot then remembered the Mashie is coming....the Mashie is coming. Cant wait to compare them.

Have any of the testers tried the Adams V3 hybrids as well as the Mashie. I hit the V3's yesterday and was very impressed. ALmost bought on the spot then remembered the Mashie is coming....the Mashie is coming. Cant wait to compare them.

SMG, do you live close to a PGA SS or GolfSmith? You should be able to test them side by side on March 1st. I really enjoy my hybrids, but all of these great reviews are making me think I have got to try the Mashie any how.

Sure do DD! I have 3 PGA SS and @ GolfSmiths nearby so I get a golf fix a few times a week. This also hurts my wallet so its a double edged sword. I hope I can wait until March 1st to try out the Mashie, with everything I have read here it sound like a real money stick.

SMG, Im pretty sure there was a V3 hybrid at the last outing, which if you were there you would have hit them both haha, sorry had to throw that in buddy. But I did hit the Adams and I actually put the Adams in play on the course too. Now, the only reason I game the Adams was because the Mashie was still off limits. I think the Mashie is even better then the Adams. And a lot of that had to do with the shaft offering. But over all I just found the Mashie to be a better hybrid then anything there.

I haven't hit the v3's side by side yet! Ill try to hit them next time I'm at PGA SS. The Mashie is worth the wait. $149 is an insane price for a hybrid of this caliber.

Touche' OEM...I owe you one! LOL

I will hold off until the Mashie comes out. This club must really be something, I dont know if I have anticipated the arrival of a clubthis much before.

Touche' OEM...I owe you one! LOL

I will hold off until the Mashie comes out. This club must really be something, I dont know if I have anticipated the arrival of a clubthis much before.

Well you got an ace while we were at the last outing so that aint too bad either. I would hold off for the Mashie and at least hit it first. But I think its just a really easy club to hit well. It just works. I think you'll find the same when you finally hit it.

I am going to wait for the Mashie to arrive. The Ace was sweet trade off. Although I did miss everyone and look forward to being at the next one this Spring.

SMG, Im pretty sure there was a V3 hybrid at the last outing, which if you were there you would have hit them both haha, sorry had to throw that in buddy. But I did hit the Adams and I actually put the Adams in play on the course too. Now, the only reason I game the Adams was because the Mashie was still off limits. I think the Mashie is even better then the Adams. And a lot of that had to do with the shaft offering. But over all I just found the Mashie to be a better hybrid then anything there.

I hit one side by side with the Mashie this morning. The Adams is a very good hybrid, but to me the feel is completely different and I relate that back to the shaft. Side by side, its just not fair in my opinion. The Mashie felt better and had tighter dispersion for me.

looks like I will be buying at least 2 at the $149 price. Great move Cleveland! I'm thinking definately the 15.5*, then probably the 20.5*. I have a 25* hybrid that I switch in and out of my bag with my 4 iron depending on how I hit it.

I look forward to testing this club again, but I'm sure if the results are the same, I will have a Mashie in my bag before the outing.

Thanks JB!

I'm a couple days behind on the tread here, and I know this has been touched on already, but seeing as there are 58 pages to this thread already I don't know where to look anymore, but TC and Bridges, how is the Mashie comparing to your Burner 2.0s? Are you guys hitting a lot farther than your irons or is distance comparable? The Burner 2.0 4 iron is 21*, is the 20.5* Mashie longer or about the same? Would the 18* be comparable to the 3 iron? Thanks guys!

I'm a couple days behind on the tread here, and I know this has been touched on already, but seeing as there are 58 pages to this thread already I don't know where to look anymore, but TC and Bridges, how is the Mashie comparing to your Burner 2.0s? Are you guys hitting a lot farther than your irons or is distance comparable? The Burner 2.0 4 iron is 21*, is the 20.5* Mashie longer or about the same? Would the 18* be comparable to the 3 iron? Thanks guys!

I can't answer that right now, I haven't even hit the 4i lol. I'm about to send them to vibrant golf to make sure all the lofts/lengths/lies are perfect according to taylormades website, just a reassurance and piece of mind thing. But once I get them back I will check it out for sure, I just have the 4i no 3i so there is 3* difference in the mashie (18*) than the 4i, but I will check it out for you.

If this is any indication, TC already dumped the 3i and 4i out of the bag for his mashie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like re reading this thread. Getting me pumped for my round today! I'm going to try Mashie off the tee with some thresholds for yardage. Ill see what the day brings!

Since I'm not a thread skimmer like you :act-up: I believe that TC said he was getting similar distance with the 20.5 mashie to his 3 iron, maybe about 5-8 yards shorter than the 3 iron. But he loved the consistency and ball flight with the mashie so much, he sees it as a replacement for the 3 iron and the 4 iron, and is contemplating adding the 18.5 mashie as well.

Since I'm not a thread skimmer like you :act-up: I believe that TC said he was getting similar distance with the 20.5 mashie to his 3 iron, maybe about 5-8 yards shorter than the 3 iron. But he loved the consistency and ball flight with the mashie so much, he sees it as a replacement for the 3 iron and the 4 iron, and is contemplating adding the 18.5 mashie as well.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember exactly, and didn't feel like reading through all the pages. Figured I'd go straight to the source!

On Course!!!!!!!

Not a great day at all!!!!!!!! Lol. All good though, I just enjoy being out there. The grass was green, greens were semi soft and I was alone to do my testing. I was pull hooking almost everything! I think I got overconfident with the Mashie and really just got out of sink. Swinging too hard, looking up before I hit.. all the best of the best. I used the Mashie off the tee most of the day.

If you happen to hit a ball that only gets about 4-5 feet off the ground the Mashie still delivers. I had two shots like this and the ball still went over 120 yards. Which was great because it often left a second Mashie to the green.

Because I was pulling shots or leaving them right, I spent some quality time with the tall grass. Usually in this spot I pull out the Niblick and just put in back the fairway or try and pull a miracle shot with the Nickent. The Nickent was a great hybrid and was good out of the long stuff. The Mashie was phenominal. I didn't swing any different and hit my better shots out of the long stuff. It doesn't catch on anything or feel like it sticks. It cuts through the rough much like my niblick.

I did manage to stay in play off the tee with the Mashie. Even though a lot of shots were not ones I'd video, I stayed in a decent spot and saved par/bogey quite a few times actually. On a 205 yard par 3, I ran the ball a few inches to the right of the hole towards the back of the green. I hit it lower than normal and it rolled but still stopped on the green after hitting the front. The reason that is important is because I'm seeing a great consistancy with distance in regards to this club. Even on different types of shots (low, high, fade, draw). I nailed one that went a lot further than usual but I can't be too mad because it was a great shot.

I really like the ability to stay in play. Only a few shots felt real good (3 I can really remember) but I was in play after every shot. That's huge. Even on a bad day I managed 43 on the front 9 with 1 lost ball (result of the driver lol).

Summary to date:

What I love:
- Sound/feel are phenominal
- Ball flight is penetrating, high and lands soft
- The head is really forgiving and good from all lies
- The Miyazaki shaft really shines
- I love the look of this club, it's classic
- Helps with tempo of my overall game. Forces you to swing in tempo
- Price.... Still in shock.

Potential Obstacles:
- Overconfidence, can there be such a thing? For me, yes
- As forgiving as it is, you have to be in tempo with the 59 series shaft. May be an adjustment for some. There are other shaft options though.

Great stuff Yoccs! I agree withthe 59 series shaft thought....it does take a little getting used to but once you do, magic!
On Course!!!!!!!

Not a great day at all!!!!!!!! Lol. All good though, I just enjoy being out there. The grass was green, greens were semi soft and I was alone to do my testing. I was pull hooking almost everything! I think I got overconfident with the Mashie and really just got out of sink. Swinging too hard, looking up before I hit.. all the best of the best. I used the Mashie off the tee most of the day.

If you happen to hit a ball that only gets about 4-5 feet off the ground the Mashie still delivers. I had two shots like this and the ball still went over 120 yards. Which was great because it often left a second Mashie to the green.

Because I was pulling shots or leaving them right, I spent some quality time with the tall grass. Usually in this spot I pull out the Niblick and just put in back the fairway or try and pull a miracle shot with the Nickent. The Nickent was a great hybrid and was good out of the long stuff. The Mashie was phenominal. I didn't swing any different and hit my better shots out of the long stuff. It doesn't catch on anything or feel like it sticks. It cuts through the rough much like my niblick.

I did manage to stay in play off the tee with the Mashie. Even though a lot of shots were not ones I'd video, I stayed in a decent spot and saved par/bogey quite a few times actually. On a 205 yard par 3, I ran the ball a few inches to the right of the hole towards the back of the green. I hit it lower than normal and it rolled but still stopped on the green after hitting the front. The reason that is important is because I'm seeing a great consistancy with distance in regards to this club. Even on different types of shots (low, high, fade, draw). I nailed one that went a lot further than usual but I can't be too mad because it was a great shot.

I really like the ability to stay in play. Only a few shots felt real good (3 I can really remember) but I was in play after every shot. That's huge. Even on a bad day I managed 43 on the front 9 with 1 lost ball (result of the driver lol).

Summary to date:

What I love:
- Sound/feel are phenominal
- Ball flight is penetrating, high and lands soft
- The head is really forgiving and good from all lies
- The Miyazaki shaft really shines
- I love the look of this club, it's classic
- Helps with tempo of my overall game. Forces you to swing in tempo
- Price.... Still in shock.

Potential Obstacles:
- Overconfidence, can there be such a thing? For me, yes
- As forgiving as it is, you have to be in tempo with the 59 series shaft. May be an adjustment for some. There are other shaft options though.

Nice update Yoccos, we all have bad days on the course. You will overcome that. Keep using up that range membership and get those kinks worked out.

chalk it up to a random bad golf day buddy, they simply happen, especially to amateurs. i think you should be stoked that you are out there swinging the Mashie around. i certainly can't right now.

You've sold me bro! I am going to be looking at adding the 15.5 for sure and maybe a four iron replacement. I use my four iron off the short par fours alot because the one in my set is so easy to hit. With that said a four iron type mashie which gives you more distance, good accuracy, and and a great shaft is hard to pass up.

I would definatley look at replacing a 4 iron with a Mashie. More than anything you will have more conficence over the ball.

Yeah it's definitely a beast. Tempo, tempo and more tempo haha. You can swing hard, just make sure it's in rhythm!

Great stuff Yoccs! I agree withthe 59 series shaft thought....it does take a little getting used to but once you do, magic!

No doubt man. It just expired so I've got to decide on a course again haha.

Nice update Yoccos, we all have bad days on the course. You will overcome that. Keep using up that range membership and get those kinks worked out.

For sure broski. I just love being out there. It was frustrating but I was happy to be out there. The course was beautiful and the greens were is fantastic shape. My short game was excellent! I think if I add the 15.5 Ill be in great shape for the longer par 4's. Really got me thinking about the next Mashie I'm going to get.

chalk it up to a random bad golf day buddy, they simply happen, especially to amateurs. i think you should be stoked that you are out there swinging the Mashie around. i certainly can't right now.

Yeah, the longer irons at some point need to be hit. Might as well do it with something you feel good with!

I would definatley look at replacing a 4 iron with a Mashie. More than anything you will have more conficence over the ball.

Back