Western Plains/Mountain States get together?

Well, since the 21st may be problematic for some, what say we shoot for the weekend of the 14th and avoid problems? Everyone good for that weekend? Weather should be good by then

Unfortunately I'm no longer in the Denver area, but my fav courses out there were Murphy Creek & Red Hawk Ridge (may be too far South if you guys will be in Thornton).

Unfortunately I'm no longer in the Denver area, but my fav courses out there were Murphy Creek & Red Hawk Ridge (may be too far South if you guys will be in Thornton).

Red Hawk is a great course I played it with my bro in law last summer.
Buffalo Run is a really good course and they have a great dining room, so if we had a later tee time would be a great place for dinner after the round, or we could bar b q

Murphy Creek looks like a cool course never played it though. Rates are good there.
Since I play out of Thorncreek I'm pretty sure I can get us a group discount if we want to play there.

Sounds ok for me at this point. I'm in!

Murphy Creek looks like a cool course never played it though. Rates are good there.

Murphy Creek hosted the USGA Am Pub Links there in 2008, i went and checked it out. It was pretty cool to see a real USGA tourney (outside the big tours) in action.

Half a dozen of us so far, I'm sure 303golf will be up for it too when he sees this

Well, since the 21st may be problematic for some, what say we shoot for the weekend of the 14th and avoid problems? Everyone good for that weekend? Weather should be good by then

Sorry Ron, the 14th would be more problematic for me as I'll be out of town all week for a Conference... I'll keep an eye on the thread though if things change.

Thanks again for putting this together.

Okay, how is April 30/May1 or May 7/8 Look for everyone?

Like before for me. Ya'll decide & I'll be there. well unless I do sumthin stupid. lol

I am down for whenever, just let me know!!

Careful... now you're backing into aeration season. I"ll play most anytime it gets set up. I'm not even opposed to sometime in June.

May 7/8 works for me

Works for me too!

Alright Gentlemen, I am proposing the weekend of May 7/8 as the date. Now, course selection

The date sounds good for me at this point, but location is key, I think its 5 or 6 hour drive to Denver from here, so hate to see that expand too much, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

The date sounds good for me at this point, but location is key, I think its 5 or 6 hour drive to Denver from here, so hate to see that expand too much, lol.

Since you are driving that far, why not look online at some dever area courses and see if any strike your fancy?

Since you are driving that far, why not look online at some dever area courses and see if any strike your fancy?

Honestly, it's pretty difficult to pick a course from the views on line, but I don't mind driving a bit further than Denver if that's where most of you are closer to. Make it wrk out for all of you and I'll see if I can put things together. Heck, Bulldog is the one with a long haul coming all the way from Wichita.

There are tons of courses on the east side of the Denver area that we could pick from, Buffalo Run, Common Ground, and lots of others.

Hey Duey are you gonna bring your Nead Putter?

You bet I am. Jury is still out on which putter stay's in the bag, but I'll have it with me to show off, lol.

Honestly, it's pretty difficult to pick a course from the views on line, but I don't mind driving a bit further than Denver if that's where most of you are closer to. Make it wrk out for all of you and I'll see if I can put things together. Heck, Bulldog is the one with a long haul coming all the way from Wichita.

We are all within 40 minutes of each other at the most, so not a problem for us. This is gonna be a blast

We are all within 40 minutes of each other at the most, so not a problem for us. This is gonna be a blast

Yes it is, although the weather better get nice a little early so I have time to get my game back in shape, lol. Those Colorado mountain tracts are not very forgiving I've heard.

Duey.... you'll be coming in on I76 from the northeast. Anything on the north end of town will be a good fit for you. That includes some nice courses.... In my opinion, Riverdale Dunes (Pete and Perry Dye design) tops the list. Buffalo Run is another, and you will come in just north of the course as you aproach the metro area.

Duey.... you'll be coming in on I76 from the northeast. Anything on the north end of town will be a good fit for you. That includes some nice courses.... In my opinion, Riverdale Dunes (Pete and Perry Dye design) tops the list. Buffalo Run is another, and you will come in just north of the course as you aproach the metro area.

Great to hear Rick, thanks for the info. I just hate to see you guy's chose a course to save me miles. Pick the ones you like the most and I'll find it, lol. We'll all enjoy the golf that much more.

Duey you will be driving right by where i live so as the time gets closer lets see about maybe getting together and you can ride in to Denver with me.

Back