Nike Method Core Putters

I hope they continue the line... I get a great roll off the putter. With that being said, I don't think Nike has ever really done that well with their putters... despite the Method winning 2 majors. I think they need Tiger to keep the Method in his bag and do well again or pick up a name like Scotty Cameron before they sell a lot of putters in the $200+ category...

I dont have an answer for you on that. Maybe they do continue it with future models as their premium line.

That would make sense considering the price point. $250 for the "Premium" Method line and $130 for the "lower end" Method Core. Makes sense to me.

I hope they continue the line... I get a great roll off the putter. With that being said, I don't think Nike has ever really done that well with their putters... despite the Method winning 2 majors. I think they need Tiger to keep the Method in his bag and do well again or pick up a name like Scotty Cameron before they sell a lot of putters in the $200+ category...

Based on how they are marketing the Method in ads, I would expect that they feel TW is sticking with it.

Based on how they are marketing the Method in ads, I would expect that they feel TW is sticking with it.

he does have it listed on his website still in the "in the bag" section.

he does have it listed on his website still in the "in the bag" section.

i listened to the radio show to ddec, lol

c'mon, let's be honest. scotty cameron became what it did b/c of tiger woods. anyone who was making money and picked up golf in the 2000's bought a cameron b/c that's what tiger had.

he'll put that method in play all year, it'll be mentioned during every broadcast, and they'll sell putters. nike would be foolish not to capitalize on that.

c'mon, let's be honest. scotty cameron became what it did b/c of tiger woods. anyone who was making money and picked up golf in the 2000's bought a cameron b/c that's what tiger had.

he'll put that method in play all year, it'll be mentioned during every broadcast, and they'll sell putters. nike would be foolish not to capitalize on that.

Agreed. Money in the bank!

Totally AGREE!

JB,

Was Daly putting with a METHOD at Sony? I know he was practicing with it at the Sony.

JB,

Was Daly putting with a METHOD at Sony? I know he was practicing with it at the Sony.

Nope, he had a Bettinardi in his bag according to the info we have. Only have the 1st round info though.

Either way, they should promote the hell out of it while they can.
I think they'll pick up a few Tiger fans, but for everyone else I think Tiger needs to start putting better. I'm sure he's been working so hard on his swing change he hasn't been able to put as much time on his putting as he usually does and obviously getting used to the complete change in putters probably has something to do with it

I'm a bit intrigued - or as intrigued I can be these days with my broom.

NIIICE, the Method just may be my next putter i putted around with last years model and i really liked it alot. I cant wait to give the new ones a roll and, see if they got even better, i actually like the simple look of last years model better tho.

JB,

I thought I saw that too, but I'm sure he's a bettinardi guy

I would be very interested in this putter... I like the look of it a lot and a nice price point

Love the look of these most especially the mid-mallet style, hopefully it is lefty friendly this time.

I wanted a method, but the price scared me away. Now there's something in my price range. Hope they have one of the putters in LH.

Hahaha, didn't even coolbreeze's LH related post.

The price of the new line is a huge difference. I never truly considered the original at that price point but now I would look at this new line. I really hope they get rid of the dot on the 001 putter and place a line instead.

I predict another fine review of the method core from THP. Personally would prefer a different color insert.

I found the Method003 so impressive I added to my bag last year. Looking forward to trying out this new offering. It definitely doesn't look as plain as the first one!

I like the new price point, smart move from Nike, I'll try one and see how it feels.

I like the new price point, I dont like the red though. Do you guys think they are going to pla as nice as last years since they are priced lower?

It is interesting to note that this CORE putter doesnt get the ball rolling as fast as the original METHOD.

It is interesting to note that this CORE putter doesnt get the ball rolling as fast as the original METHOD.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? This is from the home page release.

"The polymer-aluminum insert lessens impact vibrations provides a pure sound, and grabs the ball at impact, resulting in a smooth, more controlled forward roll at impact. This helps eliminate backspin which causes skidding and mis-direction. This revolutionary and visibly distinctive red insert decreases backspin, which was expressed by Nike Golf athletes as an important ingredient to their putting accuracy, distance control and ultimate putting success. The less backspin, the more “true” the putt will roll."

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? This is from the home page release.

"The polymer-aluminum insert lessens impact vibrations provides a pure sound, and grabs the ball at impact, resulting in a smooth, more controlled forward roll at impact. This helps eliminate backspin which causes skidding and mis-direction. This revolutionary and visibly distinctive red insert decreases backspin, which was expressed by Nike Golf athletes as an important ingredient to their putting accuracy, distance control and ultimate putting success. The less backspin, the more “true” the putt will roll."

Dont mean to plug a website, but if you go to golf.com and look at this week in gear, I think the man's name is Dusek, states that Nike says that the original METHOD will get the ball rolling faster than the CORE METHOD, I also seen it somewhere else, I will post links when I get off, at my job this is one of the few sites that I can get on from my desktop.

Dont mean to plug a website, but if you go to golf.com and look at this week in gear, I think the man's name is Dusek, states that Nike says that the original METHOD will get the ball rolling faster than the CORE METHOD, I also seen it somewhere else, I will post links when I get off, at my job this is one of the few sites that I can get on from my desktop.

Yeah, I saw that Nike said that, and that Dusek put it out there, but I am just so confused by their marketing. They marketed the Method as reducing backspin to create a faster forward roll and now they are putting out the CORE that also decreases backspin which in turn would increase forward roll. But just not as much? Does that mean one has to pay more to get faster forward roll? hehe

Back