2011 Golf Digest Top 100 Club Fitters

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody work with any of these?

Golf Digest: Top 100 Club Fitters

HOW WE CHOSE THE TOP 100

Our process for determining America's100 Best Clubfitters involved three criteria: (1) The location must be open to the public,
(2) There must be access to clubs made by top manufacturers,
(3) The fitter must be nominated by one of the following:
---one of our 900-plus raters of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses,
---golf association executives,
---top teachers or other industry sources.
---We also asked facilities to complete a survey detailing their resources, expertise and methodology.

A list of more than 500 leading fitters was then evaluated by our judges before they decided on the 100 Best.

Interesting, I wasnt all that impressed with the GG in Berwyn, PA.

Golf by Design in KOP, PA was very impressive. But they seemed to be very pro-callaway and full fittings were like 100$

I feel the exact opposite from your thoughts.

Golf by Design in KOP, PA was very impressive. But they seemed to be very pro-callaway and full fittings were like 100$

never been in any of them. prolly never will either. i'm geographically handicapped.

Really? I mean the KOP one looked impressive, but I never actually went through the full fitting.
I feel the exact opposite from your thoughts.

I went in to Berwyn on a rainy day, not a soul in the place except for like 3 or 4 employees. Couldnt get some help for the life of me until I started taping my own clubs. I was looking to dial in some shaft numbers and the guy just seemed like he didnt want to help me, and didnt know all that much about driver shafts(which is one area that I wish I knew more about).

I've been to Swan Lake Golf Resort since it's only abour 5 miles from my place. I never went through their fitting, just played a round or two on their courses. It's a nice place for sure. I'd probably frequent the place more this year if I weren't moving away.

depending on who was working could be part of the reason as well.

I think the other store pushes Callaway prods too much and that takes away from the fitting experience a bit, imo
Really? I mean the KOP one looked impressive, but I never actually went through the full fitting.

I went in to Berwyn on a rainy day, not a soul in the place except for like 3 or 4 employees. Couldnt get some help for the life of me until I started taping my own clubs. I was looking to dial in some shaft numbers and the guy just seemed like he didnt want to help me, and didnt know all that much about driver shafts(which is one area that I wish I knew more about).

a lot of Golfsmiths on the list, I would guess one golfmsith is as good as the other though...

Absolutely true, but its not like they have 'fitting hours'. I know it could be a customer service thing, but they should have people on hand, especially mid-day.
depending on who was working could be part of the reason as well.

I think the other store pushes Callaway prods too much and that takes away from the fitting experience a bit, imo

They were so hard for Callaway it was unbelievable. As I said the setup looked impressive though.

Never been to any. Interesting list and I like that they have the expanded list to 700. I don't know how they made these selections though, not a single GolfTec on the list that I saw, but I only looked at WA and OR.

Never been to any. Interesting list and I like that they have the expanded list to 700. I don't know how they made these selections though, not a single GolfTec on the list that I saw, but I only looked at WA and OR.

I would think they are assuming some of the Golfsmiths would use the GolfTec they have on site??

There are alot of great club-fitters who aren't included on this list. And some not-so-good ones that are.

I recently did a full bag fitting with Golf By Design and my experience was much different than what you went through.

What was included in the $100? Because I did their "full" fitting which included irons and driver, but did not include putter. It was $50. From their website it says $50 for full bag and $30 each for iron or driver fitting.

I can see where you might think they are pro callaway since it is a Callaway Performance Center, but the irons they thought were the best fit for me were the Mizuno JPX 800 Pros.

I definitely agree that their set up is impressive, the Callaway Center was great and seemed very accurate to what I see on my shots on the course. I would recommend anyone in the area to give them a try. I am just wanting for the snow to melt before I pull the trigger on the Mizunos.

Back