Anna Nordqvist Signs with Cobra Golf

LPGA is locked down hard on cobra now. I guess theyll start picking up men at the end of this year. Any notables with contracts expiring next year?

Thain -- I was told there will be some announcements at the PGA show this weekend. It should be interesting for sure.

I hear ya gray, I just dont see it happening.
Thain -- I was told there will be some announcements at the PGA show this weekend. It should be interesting for sure.

Did Cobra specifically say they were getting guys on the PGA tour?

I hear ya gray, I just dont see it happening.

Did Cobra specifically say they were getting guys on the PGA tour?

They would not go into who had signed. The statement was it would be announced the week of the PGA Show, which is now :thumb:. Maybe the THP Media team will get the first news announcement this weekend.

edit: Yes there will be guys added to the staff and announced this weekend. If I am wrong you can kick my arse :deadhorse:

If they definitely said PGA Tour players Ill be stumped to find out who it is.

Me too I would like to see them add someone as they are hurting right now but I can't see who it would be.

You funny ol man :D..

I am excited for Cobra golf and Anna. It's no doubt a great matchup for both parties. Now if the Male Player who wears the big orange Puma cap can make a change , it would be awesome. Cobra golf is going to be announcing some staff additions this weekend at the PGA show.

He is signed with Titleist and still has time to go on his contract. I believe they will announce a couple of people, and we heard some rumblings from some of our friends on trucks. But in reality losing Holmes & Villegas makes it imperative that they add big names immediately or young names by the dozen. Having people like Johnny Damon is great, but means little to the world of golf. This is a year that an impact can be made on tour and if everybody's suspicions are correct and another player walks away at the end of 2011 it leaves the cupboard pretty bare.

There is plenty of money behind this company now and if spent correctly there is no reason not to have a larger stable of players rather than 2. I hope they add some big names going forward.

Back