Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Mashie fever is setting in. I want to get an M2 and M4 to replace my adams hybrids pro golds and pro blacks. Can someone PM the blind9 code. I sent patty a pm too.

Welcome to THP and welcome to the wonderful world of the Mashie!

Well THP'ers,

I finally got to test the Mashie today at the PGA Merchandise Show. I was full of anticipation from all I had read about it, especially my dialog with TC. He really had me hyped about it.

I hit the M3 which I believe is the 20.5 degree club. All I can say is I am getting one this asap. This has to be best feeling and easiest launching hybrid I have hit. It will likely replace my G15 hybrids and I love them. Everything about the club felt right. The Miz shaft is incredible and works well withthe club. At address several had mentioned how it look unfinished. It does not all to to me and the set up at address is as close to perfect as I have seen for me.

I will have to test them side by side against the G15's on an LM but right not these baby's are at the absolute top of my list. I jwas enthralled with the flight of the ball. No idea how far I hit it as we were indoors, but man did it look pretty.

Lastly, I was a bit skeptical of the hype being bantered about here on THP, but I bow down yet again to the clear, truthful reviews of the testers here. This is truly the only real place to get the cold hard truth on any golf product purchase.

You just have to swing this club.

SMG

Well THP'ers,

I finally got to test the Mashie today at the PGA Merchandise Show. I was full of anticipation from all I had read about it, especially my dialog with TC. He really had me hyped about it.

I hit the M3 which I believe is the 20.5 degree club. All I can say is I am getting one this asap. This has to be best feeling and easiest launching hybrid I have hit. It will likely replace my G15 hybrids and I love them. Everything about the club felt right. The Miz shaft is incredible and works well withthe club. At address several had mentioned how it look unfinished. It does not all to to me and the set up at address is as close to perfect as I have seen for me.

I will have to test them side by side against the G15's on an LM but right not these baby's are at the absolute top of my list. I jwas enthralled with the flight of the ball. No idea how far I hit it as we were indoors, but man did it look pretty.

Lastly, I was a bit skeptical of the hype being bantered about here on THP, but I bow down yet again to the clear, truthful reviews of the testers here. This is truly the only real place to get the cold hard truth on any golf product purchase.

SMG

Man, I can't wait to hit this club.

Well THP'ers,

SMG

Glad you had such a positive experience SMG!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Well THP'ers,

SMG

I felt the same way in terms of being skeptical due to the hype. It's the real deal. Glad to know you got a chance to check it out bud. I remember seeing you whiz some hybrid shots out there. Would love to see what you can do with the Mashie :O)

Well THP'ers,

SMG

Thanks for the feedback SMG, and I highlighted what I think is absolutely critical in getting your Mashie on. I have no doubt that it will be a fixture in your bag buddy.

Can't wait to hear more about your experiences.

good stuff SMG. I'm planning on ordering my Mashie any day now.

Nice thoughts SMG. I am ordering my Mashie through Blind9Golf as soon as they confirm with me they are going to be getting the one I want. They have also offered to bring the mashie with them to the outing for me so it will be there waiting. What a great company.

Awesome post SMG. Love to read stuff like this. As someone who loved this club at the last outing I enjoyed your post.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

JB....have you gotten the chance to hit the M1 yet? I really want to hear your opinion about the M1 vs. R11 3W dilema. I read a lot of THPer's like myself that might want to use the M1 instead of a 3W for their bag set up.

Got an email from our Cleveland rep today and he is meeting with me on Tuesday to do a fitting. Yippee!!!!

Got an email from our Cleveland rep today and he is meeting with me on Tuesday to do a fitting. Yippee!!!!

That's awesome.......good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing about your fitting on Tuesday....have fun!

Sounds like a good plan to me so enjoy the fitting and bring home the bacon.

P.S. Great read SMG and glad you liked the Mashie. Looking forward to trying the 15.5 version.

good stuff kellybo, let us know how that goes for you

Ive got to hit up Patty from blind9. Buying a Mashie for my pops. He didnt hit mine but loved watching me use it so much he is excited. He is gonna game an M3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got to hit up Patty from blind9. Buying a Mashie for my pops. He didnt hit mine but loved watching me use it so much he is excited. He is gonna game an M3.

sweet. My pops is out there in Phoenix for a month, convince him to buy one haha

Lol. I think all the convincing he would need is just one swing haha. My dad doesnt like to change his bag really so this is pretty big haha.

sweet. My pops is out there in Phoenix for a month, convince him to buy one haha

Used the Mashie 20.5 today for my round. Only had one bad shot with it (block right) but aside from that it was as solid as I remember from a few months ago. Solid feel, awesome trajectory, and some nice workability.

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Alright, mashie is boxed up along with the rest of my clubs and being sent to vibrant golf for a new grip and some weight added to the head to keep the swing weight the same. VERY interested to see how this turns out and hopefully it helps me out with the club to. Should have it back at the end of next week (I Hope) if not I will have it back the follow week for sure. So forgive me if im late on an update, but thought a few people might be interested in this since some like a different grip.

Ok just found out...

In order to do an accurate testing with the mashie and what Cleveland is looking for, I can not alter the mashie. I did not know this at the time of the post and therefore Im really sorry to Cleveland for posting the above comment. I will have the place im sending it to, to just send it back to me and not alternate the club. I will continue testing when it gets back. Sorry Cleveland golf and THP if I caused and hassle, this all falls on me and no one elses fault, Was not my intention to break the rules. Once again, really sorry and cant wait to get the mashie back out to the course again.

Just a quick Mashie update. I spent some time at the range today and I was really working on long approach shots with my long irons, fairway wood and, of course, the Mashie. When I was hitting the Mashie, I had two different people stop and ask about the club. They were just amazed with the high launch and penetrating flight (as I continue to be as well). Also, I'm working on smoothing out my transition in my swing (in general) and I'm finding that the more I smooth it out, the more I like the Mashie and the better I hit it.

Just a quick Mashie update. I spent some time at the range today and I was really working on long approach shots with my long irons, fairway wood and, of course, the Mashie. When I was hitting the Mashie, I had two different people stop and ask about the club. They were just amazed with the high launch and penetrating flight (as I continue to be as well). Also, I'm working on smoothing out my transition in my swing (in general) and I'm finding that the more I smooth it out, the more I like the Mashie and the better I hit it.

Good stuff AHA! Glad its working out for you, I cannot wait!

Got to hit the 18 and 20.5 and I really loved these!!! It was really point and shoot where I wanted them to go. There was no rough at the range at Demo Day but I teed then up and hit them right off the ground no problems whatsoever hitting them. Very nice penetrating ball flight and again very easy to hit that were long. I actually went back when Demo Day was about to shut down and hit the Mashie again and Adams Superhybrid. There was hardly any gas in the tank to hit anymore balls. Mashie still was so easy to hit.... Superhybrid it was pretty ugly! :D I also noticed with some hybrids you have to hit down on the ball like irons... my Adams Pro Black is like that. I'm more of a sweeper and I felt I really didn't have to hit down on Mashie like I always heard you have to hit hybrids. I hit 10 each way and really both came off the face and had nice trajectory very similar. I know its 100 times easier to hit than the Pro Black.

mas1.jpg

mas2.jpg

Last edited:
which did you like more the M2 or the M3?

Thanks for the feedback JD....

Back